Caves/Weather on screen Cloud/Fog

This would need to be fixed. This is really annoying when you have light epic on or a tool with glow on it. It pretty much half the vision and looks not really great.

When you have no lights on, it fines since it because pretty transparent but once the light is on it becomes pretty opaque.

23 Likes

I dont see the issue here!

2 Likes

It triggers my motion sickness really bad when it flashes on the screen. I really wish we could turn it off.

9 Likes

Thank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank you!
for bringing this up!
I try to get this under Control since day 1!!
Worst
effect
ever!
Please dearest of Dev Teams, either give us a fog/smoke Control to 0 or remove it alltogether.

6 Likes

Yeah, especially when running… I have often wondered what the threshold is for requiring a “seizure warning” for flashing lights when running in fog with a light source.

5 Likes

Even tho it’s pretty opaque it still is ok’ish, what make it really bad and annoying is the hard edges which does not seem to exist in real life. Then again never been in dark places in fog with a light source on so not sure how that looks but something tells me it is not like that.

And yes, even if those edges would look better it’s still annoying as all heck. Cardass is even worse in certain places. Funny thing is that someone once asked if I would add a roof, told them there already was a glass one, it’s crazy how this goes inside too.

1 Like

Never build on a world where it’s really bad huh?

1 Like

Agreed. I find it jarring and I loose my immersion in the game.

4 Likes

this problem is not only in Caves…still in a complete closed room in my home I have this annoying clouds…if I found any solution like a mod, a json edit or delete any image file or something else I will try it instand…I play this game on PC with max graphic settings an this is real annoying me

6 Likes

Let me add something here. As much as I dislike this with a passion when I’m building, I do find it less bad when I’m out on an exo, gives it a bit more difficulty, tho those hard edges need to go there too…

2 Likes

omg yes…please, please get this fixed.
seems crazy having such beautiful worlds to build and explore then shove opaque white fog right in your face.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Do you have the Glow boon in the screenshot from that link (as @Gorillastomp has shown in the first post)?

In my opinion, I think it’s only a problem when the light is coming from the player. Is there a way to make it more transparent when the light originates from the player?

2 Likes

Sometimes the fog is just to thick.
If you are chiseling in a complete dark room all black brick for example. You turn on a light. Problem with the fog is you see just as much what you are doing without the light source (hand, epic, around you). You have to use the green outline you get and keep guessing if you are doing it right.

Don’t get me wrong don’t mind the fog when it happens but it can be very annoying and hindering when it blocks your view.

3 Likes

Yes I do. The self-illu skill also works the same as glow boon.
If there is no glow boon, the fog will just disappear as perfect as it should be.

1 Like

what i find difficult is that that it is setup as a thin vertical element. As a result - you can inch forward and come out of the fog and see clearly - and then go back in and back out. This is not horrible when moving slowly. When moving fast - its like setting off a strobe lamp. I can understand why some complain of motion sickness.

I think the current game mechanic of hindering vision (e.g. fog) should be worked on to improve it so the fog is 1) not indoors - 2) smoother in its appearance - so it doesn’t create strobbing when moving.

This drives me insane all the time especially when gathering goo in caves with lava in…

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more with this.

KOL HUROO!

not an edit: Really? It doesn’t count as a complete sentence?