Character questions: Gender and size

I noticed the one currently existing female in game is smaller than all the male models. Will there be a race in the future with larger females than males? Will we have sliders to determine size? For this game I intend to play as a dude so it doesn’t necessarily affect me, but I figured some folks might be asking the same thing whether it be with want or rage.

2 Likes

This video lays out some of the original race plans (including size). As with all of the rest of the updates, concepts, etc., it’s probably very vulnerable to changes in the future.

1 Like

Kinda wish they’d remove that video. They have already said that they will not be taking this approach to races after all, and that all races will more or less be the same approximate heights, about 2m.

1 Like

Oh really? I totally missed this. I know it’s probably very bothersome but could you provide the link so I can catch up on the new plan? Thanks in advance and sorry for asking you to do that :confounded:

From Race Heights Issues thread on April 11th

and:

2 Likes

We had a quite good discussion at some point about genders here: :slight_smile:

I still hope that we´ll get differently sized races, just not as extreme as it is shown in the video and that “effectively” in Bens post makes me hope, maybe we´ll see races ranging from 1.5 to 2 blocks.