Cheapest AoE harvester? (for farming)

Hi, I am making few AoE copper axe harvesters and I am wondering if my method is the best. Since they’re low durability, I am only adding AoE with the following procedure:

Round 1: - Special Gum
Round 2: - Special Gum
Round 3: - Corrupted Boon I
Round 4: – Special Gum
Round 5: – Protection Paste
Round 6: – Protection Paste
Round 7: – Fate Paste
Round 8: – Fate Paste
Round X: – Pure Boon Compound III - until AoE is level 4

Is this the cheapest / best method? Based on “Methodology of forging everything”
I don’t care if I’d get defects or quirks - but with this method I am not getting any.

Regards,

3 Likes

Are you trying to get AOE for farming/gathering or for like crop farming/

It is for crop farming.

Regards,

1 Like

If it’s just for harvesting crops. Throw some wood shovels in, use a special gum or two and pure 3 until get AOE 4 and mag. Don’t need all the rest of ingredients. I make these all the time for kindling harvesting.

8 Likes

I use titanium AoE axe - dmg per block is lowered of course so no accidental block breaking.
And more dura.

4 Likes

i just grab some t7 hammers or shovels :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’d say this as well.
no need for the corrupted boon part as it’s for getting vigor back when using vigor catalyst after you got your boon you want when doing multiple boons.
No need for the pastes either as protection paste is to lower stability usage on extended forges, but this ends in less than 20 rounds so no need for them, and fate pastes are to lower defect/quirk chances, but pure boons don’t do those.

1 Like

Exactly that’s also what I use. Titanium dura makes forging worth it. Not wood-cheap and not gem-expensive. Also axes are less likely to break soil/ref gravel so no accidental lava spills.

I make it with aoe, speed, and magnet. Makes farming easier.

5 Likes

When you have it ready, you could sell it at “The Forgers Avenue” I’m pretty sure that a lot of farmers will be interested in buying your tools.

2 Likes

Hi :crazy_face::kissing_heart::joy::rofl::sob::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::blush::heart_eyes::smirk::star_struck::yum::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::eye::poop::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

You could also sell your forge tools/weapons/bombs at The Forgers Avenue. :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t play a lot lately but whenever I put a load of copper 3x3 harvesting axes in my shop they sell out quick, usually to one buyer/single transaction I think.

I make copper because they’re fast, super cheap, and don’t break anything really with AoE4 and no restored damage. AoE, a couple levels of magnet, MAYBE a random boon, and I sell them for around 800c.

They’re good for crops and also grass gathering.

4 Likes

Ok, one plot is reserved for you. :grimacing:

1 Like

:rofl:

I’m hardly playing right now.

I had the same set in my shop for a long time. Every once in a while it would come up in conversation, then I might sell some. Once I ran into a large scale farmer and told him they were there, after that they were always gone quick.

Now though I go months between forging/restock sessions so i’m not capable of any really high traffic arrangement.

1 Like

He-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-llo :D:D:D:D

1 Like

This thread made me want to forge tonight, so I did these:

Forge Pics

These used special gum, trait reduction gum, boon removal solvent 1, pure boon compound 1-3, and in one round a fate paste just for fun. I didn’t need all of them for every round.

I left solidifier on one stack (random boon) since I need to clear some water soon. I forge them until they have AoE 4 and some magnet, and I usually remove any random boon besides durability or speed.

1 Like

Is the forgers avenue specifically to sell forged tools for lots of different people? If so could I get a plot sometime? I make a good amount of forged gear

1 Like

Ok sounds good. I use silver axes with less damage and aoe. Speed brew. Silver because of the longer durability.
So you only do AOE? I should try that sounds great

I use Silver Axes because of the speed over titanium and the durability over copper. Never had a broken block in inorganic harvests or soil or trellis block in organic harvests. Autoharvest and AoE are all I need.

2 Likes

I do AOE and mag since all under same gum but usually mag only at level 1. Works great and I use wood shovels because it’s so dang cheap.

1 Like