Chrysominter Hot Tips

80k this morning off it

Some of these items just need recipes

1 Like

1 xp per wax.

2 Likes

Yea, im holding off on putting all the growth in the machine incase it’s needed in farming.

1 Like

Too easy to gather while shim farming.

Imo*

Very true but my hoarding side won’t let it go :smile:

2 Likes

I don’t think any of the methods are going to stay secret, not for long anyway, like you say.

Ancient Essence. It takes a long time to craft, but if you already have a lot stockpiled, it is worth a decent amount if you are not going to be using it for anything.

Large Fossils are easy to come by, and a mass craft only needs 18 fossils (0.3c/u * 18 = 5.4c worth) to make 250 ancient essence (2.8c/u * 250 = 700c worth) The caveat is requiring power and a very long crafting time.

Medium Fossils, alternatively, require 18 fossils (0.5c/u * 18 = 9c worth) to make 100 ancient essence (2.8c * 100 = 280c worth). They require no power, only spark, and less time, but you can easily have more machines processing medium fossils if power is a difficulty for you and spark isn’t.

Not the best, but it’s very passive and guarantees an income if you can be bothered to set it up. *Well, until any mint value changes occur of course. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mine went right in, these things consume inventory space at a rate of tens of thousands per hour.

I’d rather farm another a few k for some plants, since I’ll need the orbs anyways, than be sitting on tens or hundreds of stacks when they go to .02c like rocks. Rocks aren’t even a waste material the XP from crafting them is worth more than the mint price.

Quite a gamble. Good luck :smile:

1 Like

This is crazy. The new blocks did lead to a glut though I’ve got something like 35 stacks of ancient vital and it’s not selling quick for 3c any more. 2.8c is very tempting.

2 Likes

Who knows, the price for it in the minter may even go higher if we all get rid of all the essence. :sweat_smile: (No, I don’t really believe that, but it remains to be seen)

Though the update notes did say that the machine was supposed to create a market for unwanted goods, in a way…

Anyway, I personally don’t need so much ancient essence since I don’t make decorative marble or stuff like that. I only need it for the occasional enriched bonding agent mass, though this has been a good incentive to make more of that while I’m processing some fossils and getting more shimmering orbs anyway. :crazy_face:

1 Like

36 mantle @ 5c = 180c

100 Fresh vital for 180c to the chrysominter for 2.4c each is 240c.

There’s some spark cost but depending on how you get it it’s negligible. Mantles are disappearing from shop stands all over so I guess at times of change there is a bit of a PVP element.

I’m still finding them for 3c and I haven’t even started on the tens of thousands available for 4c. I probably won’t.

36 mantle @4c = 144c though and it makes 240c worth of essence. I might.

Boulder rings go for a whopping 1c. Other boulder types go for the same. Their drops come in a little higher or lower: saltpetre (3c), olivine (1.5c), Cobalt (.7c), sulphur (.5c), and opal (.5c), rock salt (.2c), and Flint (.1c).

Whole plants also come in at 1c. Whole plants and boulders should be significantly higher than their drops due to their decorative value.

3 Likes

I was surprised by this too. I have a hard time pricing plants for sale due to the variable loot values vs decor but it seems that the chrysominter is also full of ways to throw away opportunity.

2 Likes

Glad I saved all that growth, new it would be useful for something sooner or later, just turned it into 100k

2 Likes

I would rather have coin than sit on a ton of junk items. At least with that coin you’d be able to get things you need to craft into items that you can sell to another player and continue to grow in wealth. Sitting on tons of items is the same as just sitting on a ton of coin and not doing anything with it.

He who controls the flow of coin, controls the universe. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’ll just be here in me money bin, then.

n59dQcO9yaaaY

4 Likes

Personally, I hardcore horde items. I would only ever use the Chrysominter if I specifically needed coin for something that I didn’t already have.

3 Likes

Yeah you’re literally playing a commodities market in that way. I hoard more items than coin but I watch for moments when an item is worth an unusual amount, or other opportunities.

I have a hard time selling my loot in this game tbh. When I see that other people point this out but they struggle with coin I point out that my method is to perform an activity specifically for coin so I never address the output as “my loot”.

Looking at what you’re saying i guess it might be good to know that you could go farm, say, 3400c for a trip to an exo world in just a few minutes or at least under an hour without having to sort through your storage and part with something. It’s just a related thought since you didn’t mention being short on coin or anything, but a lot of people do.

Today I did some stuff to take advantage of the chrysominter release but i could have made more coin easily, and to be honest I might not feed it all of that essence for 2.4c each. We can get paid to harvest corruption and growth now. And I only have 700 SEBA on hand,

2 Likes

I think you missed my point.

Something could mint for 2.4c today might mint for less in a week. It could be half that but it could be more. I would rather have the most liquid form of wealth in the game than an item that has two values that can change on a dime in the game’s economy without warning.

If I have 50 million coin (which I don’t have) then I know I have 50 million coin. I know I’ll have that 1 month from now. What I don’t know I’ll have is how much in coin with an item that mints for 2.4c now that I’ll have in the future. It could be half that. So basically that massive hoard of 200k of some item lost a lot of value.

1 Like

Oh, I got your point just fine and I agree, but thanks for the clarification. Perhaps others can benefit from it.

1 Like

Importantly though, we must remember that the value of coin itself can change. The 50 million would buy a lot now, but in a market with more inflation (such as when a gem was worth for example 300c for one rough, or more) you’d be able to buy a lot less with 50 million coin.

The point here is that really you should have a bit of both and not put all your eggs into one basket, as it were, since both types of value can shift, albeit at different rates and for somewhat different reasons.

2 Likes