Circarpous Hunts (MM)

That is why I said before that instead of removing the bombs, what should be reviewed is the system of complaints for violation of the code of conduct and its resolutions so that they are effective and the trolls are stopped, do not punish the rest by eliminating one of the Few mechanics we have for combat.

2 Likes

It’s more than just being jerks when it come to this specific people we are talking about, it’s crossing a line . It’s also a form of sabotage derived by jealousy. I don’t know if this family does it on other hunts but there’s a huge history on why they are doing it at the meteor meet hunts. Last two hunts I’ve been on involved these people and it’s obvious to me it’s just to sabotage Hunts to make people leave and get so frustrated they might stop coming. An argument could be made that this is harassment towards hunt leader.

Don’t agree with changing mechanics of game this is a player issue.

DK I would of put you in those community leaders but you’ve basically left us. On a side note if you don’t like footfall slides blame DK. He pretty much gave me the idea and was first guy on it. He put the word out not me. Love you DK

2 Likes

THIS IS FOR A GIGGLE ONLY…

Everybody run it’s hunt time :rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

I’ll share and experience that I came across today. We ran a hunt on merika tonight. Alot know how I prefer to hunt and how our group prefers to, so I will not go into that. A person has joined our group the last couple of days and seems like a nice person. Though started to use bombs tonight, holes were made and couple were deep to point where you would have to grapple out. I don’t blame this person or consider them a troll because with this situation it was a language barrier. I realized this when they would only use the words “Hey” and “Yes” when I messaged. The unfortunate thing is some people would have not realized this and would have consider them a troll. I think adjusting how bombs/tools work to a certain degree around a meteor would be a good idea. Even if it is just making it so 3 block deep would be the max block damage below the meteor zone. They is a deep enough pit to trap even elite wildstock. This is just my opinion on the matter. As always play nice and smile everyone :grinning:

4 Likes

:point_up_2:t3:Agree something has to be done they fixed the regents around meteors so this shouldn’t be hard.

Fiesty over and out lol :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

I don’t like damage bombs much. I never use them for their unpredictability. However I think they would be very useful in hunts if they can for example damage only trees and foliage to clear the area.

Basic bomb may damage only mobs
Forged then roughly like this
Lv1 Foliage -10% damage or Durability
Lv2 + Trunks - 20% damage or Durability
Lv3 + sand dirt gravel - 30% damage or Durability
Lv4 + Rocks (actually current status) - 40%damage or Durability

(the damage/durability reduction is just a rough idea to make it harder to forge)

It is not a solution against trolling, but the cost of such bombs may reduce it and in my opinion it would make them much more useful in hunting…

[EDIT:] I don’t think restricting something is a way to success. I think there shall be a possibility to see a log who has done what during the hunt and then give warning (not really by chat, it is easy to miss chat) / report the behavior.

really something like this issued by the hunting group during the hunt.

3 Likes

Oh don’t get rid of bombs around metors they are fun with the right people…but bombing every where or in a group isn’t very fair. I do agree. Understand ur pain and frustration. But we have fun with bombs in our private hunts. I wouldn’t take bombs to group hunt though

3 Likes

Lol…that’s awesome

I think a limit on the depth of the hole a bomb makes at meteors would be a fair compromise. Sound solution. Annnnd…(and I am guilty of this, too) not showing our upset and anger would be a good idea. Trolls feed off that. Ignore them, not responding to anything they do is kryptonite to them. They’ll fizzle out and fade away eventually.

4 Likes

Two members of said family were at a hunt last night hosted by other people from a different platform and they were as good as gold. Not one step out of line. I don’t know if they just needed Oort, or if this is a specific attempt at sabotaging hunts from Jacey’s platforms. Either way, it’s harassment.

3 Likes

I personally believe that I’m right but then again I’m jacey’s friend and could possibly lack objectivity. Who really knows peoples motivations for doing stuff but there seems to be a pattern.

2 Likes

I remember the game without bombs. Things were nice. They’ve added some value but also caused issues in many ways.

It seems to me that we should stop fighting against each other about how to solve this problem since there isn’t an easy answer at all. Obviously I believe we need some type of a solution, but I think it helps to provide more options to people instead of trying to force the whole game to only get what they need via 1 option.

If we had old EA hunting and Oort as a resource life would be much nicer in this game. Less fighting and more options. We could still have meteors but it would not be a critical requirement. We should be pushing the Developers to bring back old EA hunting at some level and provide Oort as a true mineable resource. That would greatly reduce a lot of the conflict instantly and provide people more options.

It is like we all are arguing how to put everyone in 1 single car to go somewhere versus someone just saying, “hey we can use my car as well and have 2.”

6 Likes

Seems like it is just part of the game (like building platforms and slides that touch inhabitants bases)

what is trolling? And who determines it?

Seems like both are allowed by the way the game is and has been structured

3 Likes

Haha love u too man. Yeah so much drama over footfall slides, oops!

1 Like

so how did the hunts go today? did the family show up?

1 Like

I’m the only one who made slides on circa and only one of them is up against someone. I’ve had communication with a friend of the owner and unless he’s lying the person who owns settlement is perfectly fine with it. Apparently he doesn’t mind because it has brought people to visit his place and given him extra footfall. The other slide that’s somewhat close they built coming towards me. I was a very good distance away.

good to know. I heard something similar, but a little different than the way you state it.

As I stated, seems like both are allowed by the way the game is and has been structured

@matteodiaz Haven’t gone the last 2 days. Needed a break…

Ha! Ha! That’s hilarious! :joy: