[Closed] Universal capital city discussion

Siri, GLaDOS - what’s the difference? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

One is good, one is bad :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It’s up to you to choose which one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Off-topic: both suck pretty bad to me but that’s just my opinion.

1 Like

If you like story driven games with some mind-bending puzzles, Portal is a must play.
To keep this thread on topic, I’ll say that that design, while awesome, will be next to impossible to cleanly translate into the game. I like the road layout though. We’ve got something we’re looking at for the players to look at coming out real soon!

Of course perfectly spherical builds are not possible but I think with the chisel it would be doable if we cut some corners.
Anyway, it was just s suggestion.

Something like this might be interesting too:

I agree, don’t forget the half slabs they help round things out as well

2 Likes

Why doesn’t someone do a prototype and one of the worlds and see how it works out.

World is being built today, but before we can build anything we will have to clear space.

Now that is one thing even a moron builder like me can help with, just hit me up whenever.

1 Like

No I mean on a random world like Vekil for example. Just as a prototype to see how it would work out in Kovah.

sure, feel free

Also, it only looks complicated. If you take a look at the cross section you can see that the structure is quite simple and repetitive.

@G_Sage I appreciate the effort but I think even a prototype would take several days if not a week to build.

What do you think the diameter in meters of the building would be?

You’re probably right, and where would the portals be?

Give me a second.

--------

Of course the size would hugly depend on the general size of the city but I´d go with this as the absolute minimum diameter with which it would still look good

Dimension in m/blocks

@G_Sage The same as the one in one of my previous posts,but I´m not sure if I am happy with this layout.

3 Likes

Does it have to be that big, it’s about as wide as the previous worlds mountains were tall.

If the diameter gets too small the spheres will look too “square”.
I just staked out the diameter ingame…It´s big, but it´s within bounds for being the portal hub of the capital city of the game.

2 Likes

I’m digging these designs, so see what you can do with this idea: What if we combined the concepts of “Palace” “Senate building” and “portal hub” all into one build? This would sit smack in the middle of the most beautiful, regal part of the city, with all of the main roads leading from it. The idea behind this is a royal place for representatives of all guilds/govts to meet and negotiate, with convenient travel for all citizens included. This would be an excellent opportunity to build upwards as well.

1 Like

I´m on it.
Glad to hear that you like my design / that I get positive feedback in general.

1 Like