[Closed] Universal capital city

Lowered the land a good chunk (except mountains) - feels good:

3 Likes

That’s what I was going for, exactly.

Agree.

At this point I think the world is pretty solid; and I’m done making major changes.

Ok, well if you’re happy with it and nobody else on your team has any objections, go ahead and submit that to the devs!

If we’re done world building, I suggest we move on to city styles and concepts. We need to settle on arcitecture influences (ie Egyptian, Roman, Elvish, Dwarvish, etc.) We need to settle on features, such as should the spawn point be at the top of a high tower, ground level courtyard, underground cavern, etc. Should the city be walled or open? Citadels? Open air markets or shopping malls? Certainly needs a portal hub. We need to settle on what features, then when the world goes live we will set up a layout, then begin Terraforming and construction.

I’ve got two things left I’d like to address:

• Adding some more variation to the jungle trees (height noise doesn’t seem to do anything)
  • Trying some different color schemes

I apologize if i sound arrogant for suggesting things, since im not really a builder, but my suggestion would be ‘‘Squares’’ kinda like Stormwind from wow

So instead of decinding on one and be like ‘‘everybody have to build like this’’ i think it would be great if you picked a number of building styles and merge them together in a way, so you might have a dwarven ish district where the smiths will be placed, you might have a fantasy district where all the tailors and ‘‘mages’’ are located, have a ‘‘Nature’’ district where it might be grasslands or jungler and there are only build things on certain spots rather than building them all.

That way people might say ‘‘i prefer building fantasy style’’ ‘‘i prefer oriental style’’ ‘‘i prefer rough dwarven style’’ and there will naturally be builder groups and everybody can enjoy the building itself :smile:

4 Likes

I’d like some input on color schemes; lemme know which of the following that you prefer the most (or suggest other schemes too):

2 Likes

I like @Zouls idea of calling it squares,and I still don’t understand.is the city still on one mountain or mountains?
3-4 look the best to me.

I like 1, 2, and 4. I can’t wait! :smiley:

Why not three?

I’m not a fan of the blue forest floor in the picture, but I’m sure it’d look better in game. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cool cool,I see

I like lighter sand.

but my vote would be for 4.

2 Likes

Actually,I like your just a bit better than 3-4,which is what I voted for. The white sand is beautiful.

yea the lighter sand looks really good.

I’d like to see more tree color tho.

I don’t have the final world file so it’s missing the tree variation that nevir has.

• Add white sand

0 voters

About the mountains: I suggested lowering the world to allow building on top of the mountains. Not lowering them looks super cool but it would still restrict the build height.

1 Like

I like 4 but with @KKBell lighter sand

Tadaa we now have a poll.