Collection of heal bomb bugs, potential dev solutions

After some pretty extensive group and self healing I’ve identified some of the heal bomb bugs and potential solutions.

1. Heal bombs when used on other players will sometimes ‘take back’ the heal. I’m 100% sure the many times this has happened that the heal bomb connects, explodes, and fills their health bar up. Then a couple seconds later the server says ‘the heal bomb didn’t connect’ and whatever healing goes away.

This bug is almost certinaly due to the fact that heal bombs explode at the client side limit of their AOE. That is they explode when my client says they are just touching the max radius of the bomb’s trigger, so it appears to heal them on my client. BUT the server says they moved just a little bit further/different direction than my client, so for the server they are actually just outside the AOE.

A dev fix could include making the healing radius a bit bigger than the trigger radius - so if you see the bomb go off and you aren’t super lagged they will probably also be inside it on the server side.

A player workaround is to throw the bomb in front of the player’s path and hope they walk into it. So that they are moving into your AOE. Or have them stand still for a couple sec to heal them. These don’t work very well.

1. Sometimes healing bombs behave weirdly. Not healing for the proper amount, not healing energy, etc.

This happens because when you do a time delayed thing and swap the same hand to another weapon/heal brew/bomb before the bomb goes off. It ALSO works with slingbows, but as these are almost instant it’s harder to notice. I’ve been able to heal for 17k with a healer spec by swapping to a mega healing brew before the bomb goes off.

No idea what’s going on with your database code devs:D Probably a timing issue.

Player workaround is to throw the bomb then keep it equipped until the bomb goes off.

2 Likes

Is it a bit like the video here?

What kind of boons did you have on the bombs?

I see what you mean here. It’s definitely a bug, so I’ll add it to the database.

1 Like

didnt have bombs :confused:

Oh sorry, that question was in reply to @xira1979. I was merely using your video as an example.

1 Like

@vdragon

Is it a bit like the video here?

Yes, but for much larger chunks of health. Fairly easy to duplicate - make sure you’re a little bit laggy and throw a heal bomb at someone running away from you.

What kind of boons did you have on the bombs?

This has happened fairly consistently with many bombs with differing stats/boons. But in this case Healing 3, +2.5M Area of Effect, +90-something damage due to skill, +2 action speed due to skill.

If you throw a bomb and change what you are holding in your hand to something else, it will change the heal amount. If you switch to something like a grapple, or a persisting pie, it doesn’t heal at all.

Edit : Just to second the problem!

So it doesn’t occur when you’re not experiencing any lag?

I rarely experience serious lag. However it does not seem to work when either I OR the other person are experiencing lag. Some of the more laggy players I simply can’t heal until they stand still.

Idk, i asked a player to help me test it and he saw the healing show on him then dissapear again, so i dont think its a matter of two different informations between client and server in regards to max aoe trigger. I think its probably pretty close to that in terms of two different informations, being the location though as you said, because the healing only sticks when there is no movement or VERY little movement. A walking pace is too much and you can throw the bomb directly on the person and have the same results, which is why i dont think its a problem with aoe detection

My test was when both our conmections were working fine with no noticeable lag

1 Like