šŸŽØ [COMPETITION] Get Your Body Paint Featured in Boundless!

Might be wrong, but I would imagine that Wonderstruck could potentially get in trouble if their game-characters were discovered to be naked.

Same as how in WoW, your toon has to have underwears, and they donā€™t allow you to hide your pants, while they allow you to hide everything else. Thereā€™s some kind of ruleset about these things.

Some parents would likely get mad at the devs if their kids play a game where they saw that characters who seemingly have human-like junks can remove their underwears. The pictures of bodypaints you posted was flagged for more than the reason you thought. One of them was that it suggested too much.

@Jaidic Might be wrong there, but I would imagine the devs would get into trouble if they published a skin like that in the exchange without the consent of the owners of the heroes. XD

It is fun making these, i know these wont get picked, but me or anyone who wants them can install and run around looking however they want. I can edit local files to look however I want, even M+ rating :stuck_out_tongue: just dont have to share it

1 Like

Ah, but how do you know? Citizens might not have any junk under there.

I always thought that they have pants and bras merely to satisfy the people with too little imagination to be able to view a Citizen as itā€™s own thing and were only capable of viewing them in traditional gender roles.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know, hence the use of the word ā€œseeminglyā€. :wink:

The rest of my message is there to insist on that point too : itā€™s possible that the bras/diapers are only here to avoid some people getting offended.

Point is : I wouldnā€™t hold my breath for an option to hide the bras/diapers, not until they can be replaced with actual clothing/armor.

1 Like

Strangely, the clothing paint designs people are submitting are my favourites!! And of the three I (poorly) designed my clothing one got the most likes!

But the devs are picking the winners, and the more variety the better imo!

3 Likes

Again, to me this is nothing but a STRONG indication that people want clothing and armor to be added to the game.
And I would agree with that feeling.

Though my priority will still be on furniture. I will eject saliva everywhere when they announce a big juicy furniture update, turning myself into an organic sewer pipe. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT :
Hereā€™s a work-in-progress of my latest bodypaint :

Lot of work to be done, the back texture is surprisingly squished compared to the UV.
The bra hides a word, so I will also have to move stuff around.

7 Likes

I have to say, Iā€™m with @Goblinounours on this one. As much as I like the designs and effort that has gone into them (and I like that others like the clothing ones), I would hate for these to be a poor substitute for actual clothing in the game. If any of the clothing ones actually get picked, I would then be concerned that armour and other craftable clothing would never make it into the game.

For me, body paint should be just that - like a tattoo (but without the change of ESRB rating), not painted on clothes. Iā€™d much rather have actual craftable clothing for clothes.

My absolute favourite so far has to be the tribal paint by @Apt as I can see clothing/armour fitting over the top of it and it still being relevant / visible.

17 Likes

Agreed, if Aptā€™s design gets picked, I might take it.

2 Likes

Maybe it could use more stuff, but I think itā€™s fine as it is.

And hereā€™s the texture :
https://www.goblinounours.fr/Boundless/base_race_tattoo_motion_gm_mm.dds

11 Likes

Come on now, Iā€™m pretty certain no one ever said body paints would replace any future content like character clothing, etc. :stuck_out_tongue:

@ Everyone has different tastes. Lots of great designs to choose from here. If someone doesnā€™t like a particular design or style, no need to put it down - just push the ones you do like.

So far a few of my personal favs are the Tron one, cherry blossoms & the dapper ones with suits/ties/bowties. I think it would be fun to see those running around in-game and on social media.

2 Likes

Correct. I simply expressed my concerns over the use of painted clothing becoming the norm over actual in game craftable clothing, so please do not try and change the context of what I wrote.

Iā€™m certainly not against fun in any way. As much as Iā€™ve enjoyed seeing the things people have come up with as a clothing substitute, I personally do not see the point of painted clothes as it detracts from actual clothing, for me - my personal opinion.

4 Likes

I doubt the devs would toss future content, as I expressed, in favor of some fun paints that people submitted on this forum.

If & when more 3D clothing/armor is added, any current body paints might be completely covered up anyway.

I have strong concerns as well about some of the designs for other reasons, but Iā€™ll keep those to myself since posting a design here doesnā€™t guarantee anyone that it will be added in-game. Thereā€™s no harm in being creative & posting a design.

2 Likes

I was hoping @georgegroeg would indulge my request of cherry blossom tree i mentioned to him :sweat_smile:

I was thinking of one like this

So like either the tree on the back and petals on the front or the tree on left/right half and petals ā€œflowingā€ on the opposite side

3 Likes

i would call it the spraypainter bodypaint lol

While I love the ideas, I do agree this might become an issue if any of these are selected and we get ā€œclothingā€ at some point because I could easily see some people complaining that they spent Cubits on a ā€œsuit skinā€ but now have the ability to craft or buy that in a different form now.

Iā€™d much prefer those clothing type submissions to be saved and used as inspiration for our first generation of craftable clothing options. Iā€™d have no problem having a clothing set called ā€œGeorgegreogā€™s Slick Tuxedoā€ after his suggestion here.

2 Likes

I want this one so, so much too - absolutely perfect, my Citizens NEED this!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: Love it so much!!

Absolutely wonderful work by everybody, really incredible talent here, canā€™t say that enough! :+1: It would be so hard for me if I were votingā€¦ Iā€™d just be like, add 'em all, more the merrier! :grin: Hard to even narrow downā€¦ would definitely want @georgegroegā€™s skeleton paint and others as well, epic stuff there, but just so many other awesome ones here as well!

4 Likes

This was a fun thing to engage the community - it seems like a lot of people have stopped posting now. I donā€™t think itā€™s right for a few players to decide that 1/2 of the designs arenā€™t valid. Let people have fun - they arenā€™t causing any harm.

3 Likes

Definitely a fun thing for everyone to engage in - keep submitting everyone!

That said, everyone is entitled to an opinion and disagreeing with each other is absolutely fine. Itā€™s also fine for players to express likes or dislikes over submitted styles/designs or state which designs they would or would not spend cubits on.

Also, keep in mind that the game is rated 7+, so please keep that in mind when posting.

5 Likes

I know you guys donā€™t mean it this way but this is a ā€œpost submissions for a contestā€ thread. Letā€™s try to keep it to contest submissions so people donā€™t feel like theyā€™re being youā€™re negging them - which Iā€™m sure isnā€™t the intent.

If people want to debate whether clothing-like paint should be in the game (a valid discussion) maybe it should be a separate thread.

Iā€™ll make a thread for it :blush:

1 Like

If players cannot express a concern or negative opinion without it having to be in its own topic then there is a real problem.

2 Likes