🎨 [COMPETITION] Get Your Body Paint Featured in Boundless!

But my point was that I would rather hope this style of bodypaints stay as player-made mods, instead of the exchange.
The diaper can go when we’ll have some actual 3D armors/clothing to replace it, IMO.

You don’t think georgio’s skeleton would be better without a diaper?

I do

would you guess this pattern is from in-game umbris texture files?

12 Likes

I would not

I agree @Goblinounours, I really just want clothes… but that is why I currently have body paint anyway. Hoping to get something that fits the theme of my creative world for screenshot purposes :man_shrugging:.

some of the elemental cuttletrunk patterns:

10 Likes

You guys do realize this is a competition for new body paints right?

1 Like

Made this last year, haven’t had time to try and make body paints but here’s my contribution xD
Btw there are some pretty cool ideas :smiley:

13 Likes

Quick one put together, calling it Hunters Flow. Brighter colors to make it more fun :stuck_out_tongue:

17 Likes

Now I’m done. I should stop messing with it before I mess it up.

28 Likes

It makes sense that it is a file that you put in and the game recognizes it.

How do you save it (file type) and to where in the game files ? O_o I would love to put something together and test it in the game like you all are doing.

i use gimp 2.10.20 that you can download for free (open source super paint)
you need to export the finished files in .dds (not save as, export, took me a bit to figure out)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Boundless\assets\characters\base_race\textures is where i replace the original files with the modified ones

4 Likes

@Tagris the more direct way is doing what @Lesioui is doing.

Personally, I use Illustrator to design everything. Only deviation from my process here is that I’m using Photoshop with a plug in to export to a .dds file.

I do test drive it with Blender along the way to make sure it’s mostly working.

1 Like

I put my gangsta and skeleton paint together and it kinda reminded me of sugar skulls. So I guess this is a sugar skeleton…?:man_shrugging:

Then I saw @Buugi post. And thought YOLO!

Because you’re so generous with your cookies. @BabyCookie

24 Likes

I feel like there’s too much going on with that. Maybe dialback the gangsta paint a lil.

Oh yeah. It’s way too much going on. But still looks kinda cool. I’m keeping the gangsta and skeleton separate as well. I’ve got a couple other fun ones I’m going to try.

@Ratchel

12 Likes

That is so awesome! Thanks for making that! That needs to be a in-game body paint!

2 Likes

(O.O) ,D: :cookie: s Mmmmmmm

Super Hero Time
Superman

Batman

Wonder Woman

Green Lantern

Flash

Iron Man

Spiderman

Venom

Punisher