Complaints about changes

I mean, sure it’s a choice, but if the only way you can actually play the game is by being part of a large city so you can get footfall money + have a store, then it shouldn’t be, at least for your very first character. And if they think it should be a choice (which they advertise that it is), then there needs to be some sort of balancing done to the mid-late part of the gameplay loop in order for people out in the sticks to feel like they can actually do something.

So go sell some of what you gathered and buy new tools…?

7 Likes

But it’s entirely possible to build to that point yourself anyway… But that does neccesitate joining in with others. Whether to sell your wares or buy items you don’t want to craft yourself.

I mean it’s open to interpretation of course, personally I like that things are difficult. It adds to the impressive nature of builds. You have people moaning that it takes ages to grind materials for some epic build. Well. It should! Otherwise it wouldn’t be epic.

It is possible to play however you want. It is not possible to play however you want and remain optimal.

1 Like

you don’t need some ((economists)) to actual run a player driven mmo
you know that EVEO can manipulate the market to their favour right?
I prefer this game since market manipulation is no existant.

I don’t mind that the game is difficult, For the first week and change after launch my girlfriend and I were having a great time planning what we wanted to do, slowly upgrading to better materials, making better tools, finding new stuff, etc. I don’t want everything handed to me, and I’m not even that concerned with bring “optimal.” But at this point, I can’t do anything that seems to be “of value.” As many people have noted before, silver and gold tools just aren’t worth the effort to mine the material for, I can’t make Titanium without power, I can’t make power without diamonds, and I can’t get diamonds in any quantity without better tools which I can no longer really even make with the forging changes (unless they made Boon 1 better since the last time I saw it used on a stream right before launch. Making anything with boon 1 looked soul crushing). Bonus kick in the teeth, i now have to grind more to make the wood I was using for my house + the brick my girlfriend was using for hers which is taking the fun out of building for me.

TL:DR; Before the patch there was a (seemingly) rewarding loop that, while slow, would let us progress the game and we were having fun. By making that loop slower it bring into question the reward part of the loop and seems to tip things too far (at least for me) into “unpaid part time job” territory. If I wanted another job I’d get one that has a paycheck.

2 Likes

What do you think of my progression idea?

I don’t know if that was aimed at me, but I would never stop playing if that was implemented.

Yeah I was curious what you thought of it.

Yeah, I love that idea. If you keep the “distance” between iron and Diamond/Titanium the same but add like 2-3 more steps along the way then, at least for me, you get rid of this giant fracking wall that players run up against. Maybe the grind might be too much for some in that world, that is defiantly a concern, but I think it would be more palatable if the grind yielded some periodic results instead of this weird jump from being a poor dirt farmer to Crazy Rich Oortians.

1 Like

So how can you advance to higher tiers? by selling the stuff you can never buy an expensive gem slingbow to be able to hunt in high tier planets . You will kill level 1 spitters in tier 1 planet for eternity.

Be sure to leave a post in that thread to bump visibility, maybe they can add it into the game hehe

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying here.

I’m a relatively new player myself, as in around ~50 hours in, I’ve found i’ve hit a wall trying to get to the same level as you’re talking about here, Getting gem hammers, and generally anything better than iron tools.

I’ve been dipping my fingers in many pies, and I do agree not all routes are the same, If you just want to build you probably get the raw end of the deal, since to build effectively you want good tools, but you need some degree of income to make that work, or the materials and skills to craft them yourself.

I’ve perhaps confused you with many of the other whiners in here who are complaining that bomb mining is gone, Personally I think this is a very good thing, any mechanic where someone can collect a lifetime’s worth of high tier materials with hardly any effort is in no way balanced, but they do need to work out some kinks of how one achieves that without the current solution of, like you’ve described opening up a shop and getting the coin together to buy what you need from others, it does feel that in some instances you are railroaded down a particular path.

That said there is absolutely nothing to stop even a solo player achieving these goals given enough time and effort, and a bit of luck.

You level up, and move to higher tier worlds, and sell higher tier things like corrosive shards, flotation sacs, etc.

2 Likes

I’ve levelled a hunter halfway to 50 and I’ve only just started on a tier 4 planet, Skills make the most difference to damage, not gear, Iron slingbows are cheap to buy, or easy to make if you prefer.

From selling spoils I had enough to buy a gem slingbow for high level enemies and emergencies but for the majority of killing i still use iron.

1 Like

I was aware of bomb mining but never did it/couldn’t make the bombs. Plus my GF and I would have a ton of fun each taking like 10 iron hammers to Merika, digging down, and finding what we could. We are still probably going to keep playing, and I do believe that in time we will be able to get past this wall, it’s just the time it takes feels like it’s way too long now. Planning for upgrades is fun, but when you figure that you won’t actually get the upgrade until Fiscal Q2 of 2019, that is just frustrating.

I do agree there’s a hitch in the mid game advancement, I’m stuck in it right now, but I’m trying my best to overcome it, have got a lot of gold and silver but the problem is that it’s mostly useless for tools.

Don’t get me wrong, this makes sense, a hammer made of gold or silver would be useless (think minecraft gold tools) but from a gameplay perspective it’s a bit lame.

I mean a hammer made out of gems would be pretty ■■■■ lets be honest but that’s not what we’re talking about.

1 Like

Uh, I’m sorry but instability at launch is part of the MMO experience.

2 Likes

Sorry to say, but my game never crashed before this update.

I got you. I was just joking about the general theme of this thread – “shut up it’s an mmo whiners” :slight_smile: Though I do agree w/ this sentiment for the most part.

However, I’ve had stability issues since after the final wipe. Hoping it stops eventually.

2 Likes

I think it’s funny that this is the straw that broke the camel’s back for you. Almost every update has been the result of casuals complaining. Bomb mining actually felt mmo-like. There were min-maxing/theorcrafting aspects. I’m not saying it must go back. TBH, I don’t care all that much.