Could we make it so non-shop plinth have a single slot and display the item?

So a lot of people use some of the shop stands as displays for objects with a price of 99,999,999, why couldn’t the plinth have the ability to display 1 item like the shop stands just not be able to buy the item off it.

Maybe even so that if i interact with the item it opens up a gui like the shop stand but just allows me to look at the item itself.

15 Likes

Like, add an actual display stand to the game…?

4 Likes

Yes, a Display Stand that doesnt have an item priced 99,999,999 or made so that you cant access the lower portion of the shop stand…

Literally:
take the code that is used to display the item from the shop stand
add that to the plinth and limited inventory to the plinth with a size of 1 item (not stack) like the the request basket.

Zero art changes are required

5 Likes

That’d be awesome, actually! They could go the extra mile and add decorative display stands too if they wanted. Or just set the price to “D” for Display

3 Likes

I want something like this…the base could be metal, stone, or wood…

pedastl

9 Likes

We have an alternative plan here:

1. Players can craft and place a “Display Case” block into the world. (Think of a block that looks like the current glass block that is just a simple frame.)
  2. Players can then interact with the display case and insert a single item. (Weapons, tools, food, any inventory item.)
  3. The display case is then replaced with the item.

This system would allow players to place food of tables, items on plinths, weapons on walls, etc. So it’s more universal than just allowing plinths to have a single storage item.

54 Likes

I’ll build my walls out of steak!

13 Likes

Ooooo that sounds awesome, okie dokie looks like what i was suggesting is already planned for. :smiley:

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s been brought up several times over the last few months. I did so too at one point, I believe.
I’m glad it’s actually happening!

3 Likes

Awesome. One new object and it adds like hundreds of potential decorations.

4 Likes

It could also make it easier to put one on-top of a storage chest, so it would be easier to remember what’s inside it.

Unless you also add some sort-of sign variety of the Display Case, that can display a 2D model of an item as if it was a regular sign, but displaying the model instead of text.

6 Likes

Loving this a lot actually!

Yes please, also a sign version of this!!! It’s what I thought of right away!

3 Likes

A sign that swings on a sign post, proudly displaying a single pork chop or whatever.

5 Likes

Was talking to some people last night and one suggested making it possible for a shopstand to be seen as a NPC!!!

2 Likes

Lol it’s seems all you really want is a meat display

4 Likes

Maybe… lol :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah I finally do get my office desk with various items on it or my chest of drawers with something on top sometime in the future! Good job and thinking ahead!

3 Likes

Clean your desk and stop leaving sensitive materials in plain sight! You never know who could be snooping about!

This does make me wish we could have a paper/letter item which is editable.

And if we get images on signs, then hopefully also on paper :slight_smile:

(Yes, still hoping for at least the in-game images and all the in-game-chat supported smileys (there are many quite useful ones like :arrow_down: ) to be able to be added to signs one day!)

3 Likes

Slapping your meat onto a post and let it dangle for all to see? :thinking: :smirk:

1 Like