CRAZY IDEA : Blueprint System or Moving Box

exactly! you didnt need the blueprint :grin:

other would though :nerd_face:

1 Like

one in the background there:

starthingy

@BabyCookie do you have any pics of the one from your Kingdom?

2 Likes

it looks awesome, wait, i watched original trailer several times and didnt noticed it?
ps4 got different trailer?

1 Like

there is the old trailer from EA times done for some gaming event (I think) and then there is the official realease trailer

link to the old one btw

2 Likes

But would be Awesome to blueprint it and place 1 on every T6 planet (O.O)

4 Likes

I am 100% on board with a “cut and paste” system for blueprints. That at minimum you can take your build in one place, and move it all at once to a new place (and or planet).

I think it would be really cool if you could trade/sell these too, then you would open up a new market of prebuilt bases, the purchaser would still need their own plots at minimum to place the build though, and they’d probably be buying all the blocks and such in the thing too so these might not be super cheap… But i remember seeing someone try and “sell houses” in the early days of the game, and you had to meet, swap plots and beacons, it was a headache (and i never found the seller anyway), they had lots of neat designs and i feel this kind of thing would have been perfect for them.

I’d vote yes for this version too, at least for copy and paste ones, although i do know plenty of players who want true copy paste and just require you to have the blocks needed, even chisled the way the first one is… I kinda agree with both sides on that perspective version, so i won’t argue too much either way, i feel the paint by numbers is the middle ground for it.

Any version of the system, I’d probably say should require being outside someone else’s reserved area, just to help prevent greifing though…

3 Likes

I would have to disagree with you. I can build basic shapes, but the places that actually look like houses elude me. I would love to get someone’s house blueprint, shove the mats in and then have it 3d print on the spot.

There was a place on Raxxa that I loved, but could never replicate. An island floating in the sky, with a small house built on it, a pond, and a dock with a waiting airship.

2 Likes

A copy-and-paste blueprint system would be fine …
… but it should only work within the borders of a beacon you own, or you have building rights for.
Also, it would be nice if we could sell/buy blueprints to/from other Citizens.
I agree with @boundmore in the way this system should work :+1: :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m not against blueprints, but I am not looking forward to seeing the same builds everywhere I go once blueprints happen.

Monumental could monetize those and have the community build a blueprint and then put them in the item shop, who knows that might be a bad idea.

Who knows, I like the blueprint idea for moving builds in cases where you might want to pickup and move for some reason, but having an easily way to duplicate a build over and over just doesn’t seem like fun.

1 Like

I think the “cookie cutter” builds are only going to be for people like me who struggle to build pretty things. The community by and large will still be doing creative builds…

1 Like

I’m mostly worried about it being abused more than anything. Like someone has a ton of plots and just throws down 20 separate large plots and drops 20 large builds on a planet in order to just get prestige etc.

I’m sure there are some other abuses, but at work and not thinking it out much atm.

1 Like

After dealing with the various prestige queens over the years, I honestly don’t care who builds what. As long as they obey the CoC, does it really matter?

2 Likes

As long as they obey CoC and its enforced, doesn’t matter in the least.

1 Like

Everyone could throw down a bunch of matching meta rocks in the same 8x8 block shapes if they wanted to now, but they don’t. Players generally like to customize their builds. There are plenty of other games that offer a large selection of prefab modular parts, blueprints, etc. Blueprints are something that has been talked about for a long time. I think the plan was to also use it for furniture & other items.

There’s a couple of games similar to Boundless that allow players to share their creations. You can look through the player creations catalog and select items. In one, the devs select high quality submissions once in awhile & add them to the game permanently. Win-win for everybody imo.

Players will always find ways to exploit & abuse things in games. It’s the devs’/mods’ responsibility to monitor everything and take action, when needed. I don’t think we should hold back development of an important feature because someone might use it too much. They could make each blueprint placement cost coin or something to mitigate potential abuse.

5 Likes

Totally agree and have been in many of the games with blueprints and again, I’m totally for them. There are times when I want to move my build/builds from a sovereign to a home world and sharing builds is a bonus.

Agree fully, I just hope that with new development comes a proactive way of monitoring abuses, as I have only been playing for a couple of years, I have noticed a lot of abuse that has gone unnoticed and many issues that have been overlooked and/or unaddressed.

I agree, I wouldn’t want to hold back any development on the game especially one that is needed like a blueprint system. I am sure any new systems would be thought out and would mitigate against abuse as much as possible. A cost in coins or cubits could be a possible option.

This is so true. I found an exploit in the blueprint system for Planet Nomads. It allowed for you to almost instantly print any blueprint for free and then you could disassemble it for free materials.

I posted about it on the steam discussion threads. They were done developing the game and didn’t care. The only people that cared were the ones calling me out for exposing this exploit and posting about it so that others could abuse it.
Did this exploit show up in streams or players vids? No.
People continued to build just the same as they always did.

1 Like

Apparently, there were plenty of exploits in the earlier versions of Boundless so I’ve been told.

Sad anyone has to cheat/exploit in a creative building game… to each their own I suppose.

Now where are my blueprints…

2 Likes

It’s not our fault that spark was marked up for us to mint for millions :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Agreed… only your fault if you did it.

1 Like

I wouldn’t want a one-click copy/paste use of blueprints. As @Redlotus and some others mentioned, it opens door to exploits and abuse of the system. It also simply goes against the effort>>reward model that is the base of the game (any MMO survival, progression type of game actually; it’s not just about Boundless).
Instant gratification model belongs to creative mode and local universes (that can be played that way). I know the first is pay-to-play and the latter is not ready yet. However, that doesn’t mean that the current MMO platform should become a mix of all playstyles to suit everyone needs and preferences (it’s impossible to satisfy everyone anyways).

I would like to point out that the effort needed to plan and build, decorate, chisel etc. creates a market as well. We’ve seen players hiring builders, chisellers, decorators, offering coin or materials for their work. This shouldn’t be discarded easily, as it’s (I think) a good thing and an important part of the social dimension of Boundless.
With blueprint model that still need effort to actually place blocks into a shape visualized in actual space on a world, some challenge is still in place, a market for blueprints is created, builders get something for their effort and talents, friends can still help for free or players can be hired for coin to help fill the blueprint with blocks and finish the copied build. I love blueprint idea but I believe it shouldn’t go too far towards some automated, no-effort, creative-type-of-gameplay direction.

3 Likes