CRAZY IDEA : Favorite Badge ❤

I wouldn’t mind a hybrid system with everything you say, except with popularity. I do not like the idea of bringing a PVP to the forum so officially and incorporating them into the mechanics of the game. The rest is calculable by an algorithm, it does not involve the players, so I would not mind if it was shown in a classification or that it was incorporated into the game with achievements or benefits, since they are merits that these players have achieved for their constructions, It is not up to other players to obtain them.

So if someone makes something that other people find beautiful (or “popular”), that should not be rewarded in any way? There’s no merit in being deemed popular by others?
I disagree with that. That’s exactly why I wrote this suggestion to begin with!

And you say “Popularity contests” would generate “PvP”, but the whole idea of wanting to make the Capital title limited to one world in the entire public universe, that’s wouldn’t generate “PvP”?

3 Likes

PVP in the forum, that is the key to my argument. I don’t care about the PVP in the game, put, you would be playing the game. I would like areas for that even, but that’s another issue. But I do not like the PVP of the forum, I think this distracts and you lose time to play the game.

Moreover, I would like to add some kind of tab for store announcements and the lore inside the game, instead of being in the forum, I would love it

And I still disagree on the notion that ‘popularity contests’ would lead to PvP on the forums.
When I post a thread like this, let’s not kid ourselves, it’s to gain popularity, to drive people to visit my build, to gain some much needed footfall.

There are heated debates on the forum (this thread is getting there), there are some publics attacks, that sucks, but let’s stop calling that “PvP”, it’s getting ridiculous.
These have nothing to do with what I’m proposing. It’s getting really annoying.
If people wanna spend time arguing on the forum, that’s not a problem.

People are already making threads to promote their builds on the forum, there’s no fighting, there’s no “my place is better than this guy”, but there could already be that.
This whole “PvP on the forum” thing is invalid!

The forum says this is a reply to me?

Yup, it was.

The capital / viceroy title is just bragging rights.
If people want to come join your guild / build with you because you have said title, that doesn’t count as a direct buff/bonus/benefit.
That’s an indirect effect.

Ok you asked what benefits it provided, and I listed 2.

What do you mean by “that doesn’t count”? The game driving new players to your build doesn’t count as a benefit?

Right. Let’s not kid ourselves, the game rewarding players for coming to your build is a real, tangible benefit.

Not really, any player who is lost, new to the planet, bored, or anything can pop down two warp blocks and warp directly to your build in search of portals, shops, or random entertainment.

This is considerably different from you advertising on forum/discord for players specifically interested in something you provide, enough that they go find a way to your build so they can either save the location, or return later on provided networks./paths.

If people are driven to your place organically, because they think “uh, I wonder how the Capital looks like”, THAT doesn’t count.
That’s an indirect bonus.

Now THAT counts. And maybe it could change.
Maybe the list of locations should display more than the capital. Maybe it should show the beacon where there are the most sales, visits, likes, prestige, etc.
Again, some Capitals are only Capitals because of the prestige, and they get almost no visits or sales and people don’t like going there.

And I agree with this, you have advertised your project, you have generated traffic towards its construction, you have earned a reward for it. What I don’t agree with you is to give that more importance.

If your store is popular, you will receive more sales, you are already in the sales ranking. If your construction is beautiful and well-known, you will be with many visitors, if your construction is huge and useful, such as the networks of portals and bridges in lava planets, you will have many rewards in all those things, why give more?

An algorithm can ensure the objectivity of all those things, the popularity contest is not necessary, all the risks that entail are not worth the benefit they would bring for the usefulness of this mechanic, which is already implicitly included in the other things that comments: sales, visits, prestige, size, recidivism in visits … Moreover, this data would be useful for all players, because it would allow us to improve as players: builders, merchants, entrepreneurs…

That’s why I like everything else in your proposal, except for popularity, I’m sorry, but let me disagree with you on that. Is not sufficient? We have many points in common, we start from that and we can reach something more constructive perhaps.

Look man, why would I type twice that the game specifically encourages players to visit the capitol as a vague reference to some organic tendency of foot traffic?

The game providing a way for any player on the planet to warp directly to your build is a real, tangible benefit:

I don’t know what more I could say about it. Here I’ve actually logged in to get some pictures for you.

2 Likes

Yeah yeah, it just wasn’t that clear before. And I agree with your point.
And I still think this should be expanded upon to the most prestigious place, the place with the most sales, the place with the most visits, and the place with the most likes.

2 Likes

Yeah, no. The reward for being a beautiful place is ridiculously small.
Like Nightstar explained, the Capital (rewarded for having the most prestige) makes it so that people are directed to your build through objectives, the location tab and let’s not forget the compass.

There’s no such reward for the best store in a world, or the place which people actually visit the most, or the place the people find the most beautiful.

Not trying to say that my place is the most beautiful place on Raxxa ( < cough > ) but for all the people who keep telling it to me, the actual reward I get out of it is just that. I technically have nothing to show for it. I’m at 6+ millions Prestige, and far from the Top 5 on Raxxa’s Leaderboard. I can’t survive with the footfall my build generates. If I did, I wouldn’t be building towers for people in other cities / worlds. ^^

1 Like

And that’s why I agree with you that the implementation of a hybrid system would be good for the game. Remove the capital of the world and put the classifications. All that can be extracted from the game information, but do not include the popularity contest. At least that’s my opinion.

So, basically, where it says “Capital”, you just write “Most Prestigious”, don’t remove the tab entirely, right?
'cause the people who currently have the Capital title wouldn’t be happy to lose it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I will still fight tooth and nails for the “Most Liked”, though.

I would remove the capital of the planet and the viceroy, I would put a tab dedicated to information about the planet. In that tab, the 20 most prestigious beacons would be shown (not the settlements); the 20 beacons with more number of commercial operations carried out, the 20 most visited beacons, larger, with more repeat traffic … for example … or instead of 20, it could be 50, and a page with many tabs. A tab for all the planets that you also discovered … Everything that is possible at the technical level, as it is useful information for us players.

To replace the viceroy, they could give achievements in plan: gold medal for reaching the most prestigious for reaching the top 1, silver to the top 2 … And so for all classifications, for example … Another idea xD

It’s more. May I include this in the brainstorm thread? if you want you can also put the one you like, the idea of ​​the thread, propose ideas, and then it will be the developers who decide in the end, we can simply make suggestions, ideas and opinions.

I would suggest that this should be an entirely new thread.

Sorry, I have not understood. What does this refer to?

You asked to copy the “having a new leaderboard for most visited/most sales/most prestigious instead of the Capital tab” idea in the Brainstorm thread, which is this one, right?
But that would be confusing as it’s another ongoing thread with other ideas.
It would be more redeable if it was it its own thread.

I am confused now … but hey, it doesn’t matter, let’s leave it here.

I’m also confused. :rofl: