Crowfall Boundless Players?

While we wait for a new update, I know a variety of people play other games when we need a break to not get burned out. Obviously I’m a strong supporter of Boundless and will keep recommending it but at times I do like to venture out… One of the popular side-threads we have is the No Man’s Sky one that has some of our Boundless friends showcasing their playing. We do have a strong community here and some of us like to stay together so we can keep Boundless strong in spirit while we wait for new updates.

I’m curious has anyone played or picked up this newly released game as of 7/6? I haven’t because my gf is set on Zombie Army 4 on PS lol… but this is certainly on my list to consider for a side game…

Crowfall – Crowfall - Throne War PC MMO by Monumental, LLC
Crowfall - Welcome to Crowfall! - YouTube

One big thing to note is it also has a public MMO/private world (Eternal Kingdom) setup. The private worlds seem interesting especially if you want friends. I could actually see a Boundless community world that we all share as some fun and a way to at least keep people playing together if they need a break from Boundless. I know many hate that some leave and we lose touch… Anyway here is the EK overview to show what I think is a cool private world design -

https://crowfall.club/eternal-kingdom

4 Likes

moved to off-topic mate :slight_smile: as it could be placed in Other games @majorvex @Stretchious

1 Like

Crowfall is a hardcore PvP game, so I don’t imagine there being a huge overlap in the communities, but you never know.

I’m in too many games right now, so I’m holding off on playing Crowfall, but when I do I intend to be some kind of freelance necromancer if I can pull it off. I’ll have to refresh myself on the character and skill systems, though.

Did they keep the passive skill gain system?

thanks for the details…

I just started learning about it so am not sure on anything lol… but the Eternal Kingdom stuff and being able to build there really won me over as a win. I’m such a sucker for build games lol…

The PVP is ok but hardcore might be an issue because it really then means you have to find the best guild you resonate with and like to have fun in the game. Since I am casual on some things that guild stuff can be an issue.

1 Like

There should be casual guilds that just zerg around rather than being super sweaty, but I haven’t gotten deep enough in to know what guilds are around. If you’re content not being best-of-the-best, you may be able to enjoy the game just going casual. If I play, I’ll do it solo or in a casual guild. I don’t have time for scheduled in-game events.

On the hardcore bit, depending on the world type you are on, dying can cause you to lose just gold or everything that isn’t equipped to your character(everything in your inventory). They had previously planned to have you lose your body as well, but that seems to have been scrapped or delayed for a future world type.

For the EKs, you might want to try to see what the cost is to build stuff. I think some of the buildings are balanced toward guilds exporting bulk goods from hardcore style worlds (Dregs), but I know more about what they originally planned than what is currently in game, so try to check that.

1 Like