Curio - Relic Based Explorer Metagame

Pic brought to mind, what we really would need in addition to curios is a pet cat in the game, to go and push all said valuable and exceedingly rare objects off their display surfaces and smash them… :thinking: Of course, it would in return bring us the occasional dead (or sometimes alive) Hopper…

5 Likes

Oh God I need dis!

2 Likes

I feel something that is defined as „Exceedingly rare“ should reward a modest amount of EXP. (Maybe around 50k)

Otherwise this is a very good idea. as I feel one of the major faults of boundless is the lack of a sense of mystery and this might add a little of that into the game with whatever lore can be tied into the system.

1 Like

You reminded me of this:
13304-0-1509645339
The thieves guild curio items from Skyrim. You find these items along the course of the guild quests and they collect back at the HQ

7 Likes

You don’t know what you’re missing!

Thanks Reddit

2 Likes

Fair enough! I’d say there should be a planet level based scale though, which was my main point.

There could also be tiers to the Curio themselves which would impact everything from the xp gained from gathering them, and the prestige awarded when placed in a beacon.

Exactly! That’s the kind of thing I want to be able to have in my build!

1 Like

One of my main reasons for wanting this so much is the amount of life it would give the universe. It would feel more like there were people here before us, and give us a little glimpse in to their world.

3 Likes

omg this is such a good idea, it would make exploring so much more fun

3 Likes

It could get expanded later to include cursed Curio, that bring little quirky debuffs to the settlement they’re in. Like doors could open on their own, storage blocks could rotate as if hit by a chisel, or maybe all the gleam dims. That’s more because I like cool thematic elements.

This would, at most, be an occasional effect.

6 Likes

Very good idea, and well thought out execution. Let me think for a long, hard, many hours on this…

HECK YES!!!

I’ve always been a sucker for treasure hunting to break up the monotony in games.

2 Likes

Its a good idea, like to see something like it implemented.

Similar things have been suggested since launch:

And that’s just from me!

There are more similar suggestions.

Hopefully if more people keep suggesting something along these lines, and others respond and like, then we will something along those lines come into the game!

Slightly different in application, but same sort of principle.

1 Like

Yeah, I think we need crafted decorative objects too! Just give this game a dash more life!