Making harvesting dirt etc more rewarding

Spending a couple of hours collecting mud and dirt gave me time to think if there was anything that could be done to make it more interesting/rewarding.

The monotony really focuses the mind.

My suggestion is ultra rare drops for every block type, that can be collected to make sets.

A set can then be turned in for an xp bonus and a trophy.

Sets can be turned in multiple times for the xp bonus but trophies are a one time prize.

Can’t decide whether the drops and trophies should be tradeable or not.

If drops are non tradeable some sort of machine could be used to recycle the ultra rare into x amount of standard drops.

Set turn ins should give the same amount xp regardless of the rarity of the block that dropped them, making the xp gains more valuable to lower levels than higher, but a nice little bonus to higher levels.

The more common blocks should have more different drops required to make a set than the rarer blocks roughly equivalent to their relative rarity.

Eg mud has 50 different ultra drops to make a set and diamond has 10 (no idea if this close to ratios, just an example).

There could even be trophy cabinets or display cases to make for the set trophies.

The xp bonus would be a nice little incentive for people to go out and mine/harvest/dig the resources rather than solely relying on buying from others, and if you are anything like me the itch to complete a collection would end up being a reason to go out collecting in the first place.

11 Likes

I would love some kind of Trophies + display case.

They already exist for creatures, but doesn’t really fit display purpose.
Need something like golden statues or rotating blocks of each materials!

-BWAAAAK!*

goldcuttle

*look at me dude…I’m fabulous!

4 Likes

I’ve farmed about 4k clay, ash, and mud over the weekend. A little xp boost and trophy would be nice lol

2 Likes

I like this idea. Maybe one of the drops per set could be tradeable. :slight_smile:

ooh! maybe fossils? but not the mining kind. like actual fossil\bone sets you need to combine for a skeleton of a monster.

2 Likes

theres these things in art concepts for the trophies Art: Decorative Totems (Trophies?) and Poles Update! [IMAGE HEAVY!]

in beta there was no resource in sand and mud so i complained after digging my entire city lool for me they could add tech and fossils to sand maybe
and the occasional diamond

3 Likes

I think gold would work better and make more sense

I was kinda meaning new and unique drops, that have no other purpose than to be part of the set.

Not that adding other resources is not a legitimate thing to do, but that was not my intention!

That would be so neat! I would to have like a good sized 10x10 terror bird thingy skeleton on display!

Sell it or use it. Those are your options. If you wanted EXP, you’d be using it, hunting, mining for resources, picking flowers, crafting, or anything else.

You’re the one choosing to keep digging dirt, no one is forcing you to. If you don’t want to keep doing it, then don’t do it.

1 Like

Easy tiger!

I don’t think anyone was complaining about gathering.

I think we were just agreeing that a little extra incentive, a little dopamine hit every now and then, would go a long way to make the process more enjoyable, and surely that’s what we are here for.

Maybe your intention didn’t come across well in your post, but that just felt quite aggressive in tone.

Don’t be angry buddy :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I like this idea and I want to expand on the added idea of a full skeleton.

You could have paintings for each world. Broken into 20 pieces, or something. Get all 20 and it completes the picture.

You could also do the same thing with statues.

Each piece clearly labeled (ie, 4/20, 13/20, etc) so you know which one you need.

Not sure if they should be trade-able or not. I like the idea of a reward you can ONLY get from grinding.

Like the idea of the collectables being used like a sort of puzzle, it would then double as a trophy once complete.

Though I would still like some mechanic included that you can complete multiple times for additional xp, as this will still add value even after the first completion.

I agree, I like the idea of a reward you can only get by grinding, but then part of me still wants to be able to trade my ‘multiples’.

Just don’t like the idea of drops that become redundant. If the recycler was a thing then at least the doubles wouldn’t go to waste.

Maybe you can trade them but not sell them?

Collectables become useless if you can just buy the ones you don’t have.

Yeah, maybe that would work.

And possibly have some of the collectables even rarer than others.

Eg mud has 50 collectables; 25 at base rate, 15 a bit rarer, 6 more so, 3 at the next tier and one at lottery odds (well, not quite, but you get the idea)

I already used it…to make bricks. Lol relax my guy.

Hey is that a real in-game item ? The picture of the stand

This reminds me of the strange rock collection in RuneScape.
Nearly every skill has a chance of dropping a strange rock, or gilded later. Combine a pair of each type to get 1 piece of a Statue. After 28 times if I remember correctly you have the full Statue.

In some parts of the West Coast of Africa, alluvial diamonds are found in the sand along the coast and offshore - believed to have been brought to where they are found by rivers, predominantly the Orange River which is the main river draining to the west coast from central southern Africa.

Most of South Africa’s west coast - from the Namibian border to a couple of hundred kilometres from Cape Town - is not accessible to the public. It is fenced off because the land belongs to the diamond mining industry so for hundreds of kilometres there is no access to the beaches. Popularly known as the DIAMOND COAST, it extends from the far north-western coast of Port Nolloth to the mouth of the Orange River.

1 Like

No it’s shoped. A mix between early plinths and cutlletrunk concept art.
The real ones posted by

Are far better than my low grade bootleg :flushed: