Current monetary values of mining / mining ⛏ profession

You’re right, I should have done some quoting and replied directly to earlier comments. I’m not good at those things.

1 Like

No one really minds.its only a forum for a game not real life or death…

1 Like

Well I do it …that why I know…But I also guess depends on your skill tree u have set for your miner…I have 5 skill pages so one is dedicated miner

OvSYsX79I1RdK

2 Likes

Updated OP, had a few people ask where and what to go for, figured it’s be easier to copy the most recent response so that others have this information as well

Malk for diamonds and coal and titanium, mine in bright yellow hotspots from 0 - 25 or so. Houchus for sapphire, tech, iron, and fossils - i think from 80-150? I stick between 90-120 (it depends on the mountain you are mining if you should go up or down). I go to Altinans for silver/large fossils. I do not have any specific spot I go to. Bounce around until I find a hotspot that hasn’t been mined yet. Sometimes this is hard.

@Mayumichi

I had time to check like I said I would. I wanted to use hammers that had an actual price on them and not something I ‘might’ charge. (I dont sell my forges usually so what I price doesnt matter I guess) so I bought 2 hammers for 4999 I think they were. They might have been 5999. I don’t recall as I bought them yesterday. I know they were cheap though.

2 hammers
2 pies
8-10 str brews
that was my total out of pocket investment for this run.
maxed out miners build of course.

hammer

example

This is:
4008 Hard Coal
3325 Soft Coal
1511 gold ore
2754 Iron ore
1905 Titanium Ore
25 Silver Ore
1961 Rough Diamonds

I havent sold it yet but will soon when I run around looking at baskets but I expect to be able to pull the following profit:

40,080c - hard coal
23,275c - soft coal
30,220c - Gold ore
11,016c - Iron ore
28,575 - titanium ore
500c - silver ore
107,855c - rough diamonds

For a total gross profit of 241,521. from 2 hammers that had a pretty irritating quirk that cost right at 9-11k.(depending if I paid between 4-6k for them fairly certain i paid 4999x2 though)

ps: i carry a roadrunner feather with me cause I’m superstitious and it’s my lucky rabbit foot :joy:

2 Likes

Exactly…plenty of money to be made minining

1 Like

Mining has always made good money.

Unfortunately there’s only plenty of money to be made if you know where to sell, which means you have to use the forums or luck in to portal network, everyone plays the game differently after-all. I’ve had several folks PM me about where to go, folks who I don’t generally see posting so must be lurkers. I’ve just copy/pasted the links from a few folks on the forums who have request baskets up and they were thankful for the info. Red probably got a few more folks running by.

Tell ya what, I definitely don’t understand why some folks think hunting meteors is the best way to make money. You would need roughly 1338 rough oort sold at 180c to come close to 2 pies worth of mining (80 minutes?) maybe it’s because you can find a hub to sell oort to right away where as selling mining mats takes a long time if your normal place is not buying etc.

1 Like

I am still buying even after receiving over 3500k of gems yesterday…I will continue to put money in them…I sell gem tools in stores in ps hub gyosha and other store called the death penalty in naughty mall…I don’t sell Forge gear. I like supporting the guys that Forge and not sell them…spread the love…not conquer all markets

1 Like

Not bad at all :smiley: 1000 diamonds per a 2000 dura hammer sounds more in line with what I’ve been getting (if I had a pie on) in a good spot. Especially profitable if you pick a bit cheaper tools :thinking:

1 Like

Those fenceposts font make themselves. :wink:

I have found this too, not sure why, but I find gems and Lucent’s faster when having no strategy

1 Like

Whaaaaat? Thats too much.

Did you actually sell all these items or just giving an estimate of their worth. Oh ok I see. Well hopefully you can find baskets with good money in them at good prices.

I would say the diamonds are worth more like 78k or less.

I wouldnt mind see gem % lowered or regen lengthened

the third round I hadnt sold yet. The first two rounds I sold for 200k+ profit.I ended up getting around to finding new baskets different from the ones i used in the first test and had similar profits. All told I’ve made 2mil over the weekend exploring and book marking new locations to sell to (had to delete a ton of my old ones) for minimal cost. I generally dont buy equipment/food but I wanted to go at it from a newer player point of view as best I could, except the knowledge I have on how best to mine. They likely have less money to work with to invest and hopefully this post shows overall that as long as they find their baskets to sell to, study where theyre going to mine, then they can pull upwards of 230k profiit with a low tier hammer or two + some brews and pies

Should probably make it clear here, the reason that gem turnout was so low was because of that quirk those hammers had. I had to stop FAR too often to eat again and playing with the mechanic of keeping my gear equipped while switching food in the one hand to trick the game in to letting me eat to full health so I didnt get impacted by the quirk took time to deal with. Also I think I might have been in a freshly regenned area, it was a weird run for sure. I measure my runs by pie length, and not hammer burn down fwiw.

I just finished another run on sapphires/fossils/iron ore and pulled 2.4k sapphire off of one topaz hammer and like 5.5k iron ore.

Definitely the overall point here is that new players can invest less than 10k and make at the very least 100k per hammer.

Dang do you have any tricks for finding the gems faster? I cant seem to pull those numbers. I get about 500 to 900 in about 2-3 hrs.

Any tips?

Nothing to ground breaking really. For this particular run I was on Houchus. I stayed between altitude 110-135 for this run due to the height of the mountain. I started at 135 and explode mined(basically making a big empty sphere around you while keeping an eye out for gems I scooped all ore and tech and fossils).

When a ‘room’ was done I’d go a bit ahead keeping myself in the yellow parts of the hotspot and jump up a bit so I’d be a similar level from where I started the first room explosion. I rinse/repeat that within the entirety of the yellow hotspot. Once done I drill down 10~ roughly and rinse/repeat.

A big factor in the rate of gems brought in is the speed of the hammer. I picked up some 111 speed hammers that were lower tier damage but used in conjunction with a mega str brew allowed the hammers to 1hit t6 rock exposing seams quickly and efficiently.

I also have my favorite hot spots all bookmarked and if I notice one or multiple have been freshly mined/ looks like fresh regen then I can just sanctum and warp to a new hot spot. It’s also important to be able to notice when an area is freshly regenned so you don’t waste your time for a lower yield.

Overall, the more you do this specific activity, you get better at noticing certain things that help develop your instinct on what to do next. I’ve been resource gathering since day 1 and it’s my favorite thing to do. Packrat life is the best messiest life

1 Like

The only thing I have to say with all this is that I bought over 2 mil worth of gems and people are making great coin which is awesome but I don’t see a single item bought in any spots I buy gems…so u guy complaining about the economy and then been shown hey it’s easy…don’t even buy one thing even though u just made serious amount of cash…I wonder why the economy gets complained about…share the love…why bite the hand that feeds you…that comment is just a thought not a attack

2 Likes

Also who cares about cheap hammers go to the forgers out there buy their gear at good price. You are making still over 100k. Who cares… good hammer should sell between 8 to 10 k …it is kinda insulting to be going out chasing the cheapest hammers…u make awesome money from mining so try supporting everyone at decent prices instead of creating a cheap attitude about pies hammers …brews. do even know how long pies take to make…common get rich and help others do the same…But don’t be to cheap about it or we won’t buy your gems and I am sure I am not the only person that thinks like this…keep getting cheaper and cheaper and it’s not worth the huge effort to provide…new players don’t need to be taught cheapness…I was new player and power coils were 2500 …I didn’t complain…Just did what I had to to advance…

3 Likes

Yeah I’m shocked at how many people suggest saving 50c on pies… when he made 200000c. I cannot fathom… lol

4 Likes

What shop is yours? I will stop by