Destroy your shop's competition in 3 easy steps

1. Sell your item for the cheapest price on the planet.
  2. Create 15 beacons that are locked away selling qty 1 of the item for the same price or cheaper.
  3. Enjoy being the only advertised price on the planet.

In addition, you could setup 16 plots on each of the other planets that are locked away to clear those lists of competition too.

1 Like

Are you salty about something @Simoyd ? The devs said if they saw a player abusing the new system they would take action.

I’m sure a better fix will come later that doesn’t need dev involvement as much.

4 Likes

nope not salty. Sorry it’s a bit dramatic heh.

EDIT: also the devs can’t really define abuse so other than super obvious infractions, they can’t do anything. You can still take these steps and implement them abstractly low-key. it’s already happening.

2 Likes

I keep it simple . If the effort plus a bit of profit is less then the selling price then obviously I don’t sell it . :smiley:

How close to the real world do we want to be?

Devs have already said abusing the system will get you blacklisted from the scanner. I’m fairly confident this applies to this scenario as well and not just putting it behind a door for 1c. Abuse is abuse.

@james any potential to clarify this as you did in the other post?

2 Likes

You can’t define abuse. if you do, then people do the minimum to be above that abuse. If you raise the bar then you start punishing innocent people.

2 Likes

All that needs added is user definable sorting, and then this won’t be so much of an issue.

Or the ability to scroll to the next 16 listings.

Or both.

8 Likes

Wow u do little with ps hub u guys flip out and now you taking this approach flip out everyone

2 Likes

I have no intention of doing what’s in the OP heh

Would not a simple solution to this be allow the player searching to determine the number of stand numbers listed? For example if I want Timber and the top 16 people are selling it pretty cheap but they only have like 11 or 15 pieces what good is that? Perhaps number 25 selling things much higher has 14,000 sitting there I as the buyer would like the option until about that.

3 Likes

Just a quick question about abuse. What is it? Well we’ll not know until we see it. But during development we could fairly easily think up strategies where the system could be abused. These were very quickly non-trivial to protect against.

But given that the scanner offers much to the majority of players we concluded we wanted to proceed with the system - knowing that it could be abused - and protect it via black listing.

I’d encourage players to not manipulate beacons to artificially change the rankings.

But likewise - we included a patrons counter - so that players could chose themselves to target “popular” shops.

17 Likes

Could we control the number of listings we see? Let it default to 15 or whatever but let us have option to search All if we wish?

1 Like

abse - use (something) to bad effect or for a bad purpose; misuse.

it really seems cut and dry to me but it’s not my business how ya’ll want to spend time dealing with that stuff, A lot of us thought we’d get an option to sort by volume, maybe thats down the road.

1 Like

10 characters

This is against the rules.

3 Likes

You guys better not :sweat_smile:

i mean… what if it’s 15 different accounts that all have their own twitch streams showing children playing the game?

Well, if they are all coming from the same M.A.C. and IP address…then you’ll know. I would also think that’s a most extreme case which would only get you somewhere in games like WoW or Warframe - good luck laundering your plat lol

Not really sure there’d be a point to going to that much trouble here yet

2 Likes

I can read. Thanks. I just disagree . There are smart people making this game and there are smart people playing it. Acting like we can’t discern intention or motive is just a way to avoid. It’s already been said that locking items up is not allowed. You have motive right there.

If this is how this system is going to be handled then it’s going to be just headache after headache like the plot system has been to deal with.

If ultimately I just have to run around all over again that’s what I’ll do but acting like we can’t discern motive is inexcusable.