Plot protection abuse

I think intention of area usage should be accounted for too. Maybe increasing planets could help?

Even though the player base is not growing a lot, there seems to be more with large numbers of plots. So fewer people can plot more space.

Answer make it rain planets!

4 Likes

Link please?

They have enough plots to fill it in. They just got started.

1 Like

Since we have EXOs now, maybe we can vote to delete an unplotted T6 in favor of a new T1 or two? lol

3 Likes

I thought this was the same area as in the testing news thread a week ago, apologies. In any case I think if people own the plots it’s fine, but they obviously have to fill them in before the patch goes live. Does it breach any of the other stuff like boxing people in?

?? Don’t see it.

It is the same area. They are working on it. That planet was one of the least populated with vast open areas. I don’t know if anyone was boxed in - if they were, I don’t see them on the forum :woman_shrugging:

There may be other problems or issues I’m not aware of since I’m not a participant in the project(yet).

I respect James’ decision about the matter though.

I am not sure it really matters what the population is on a planet. If this was a massively populated planet and they plotted up most of the free area then it can be argued they are not violating the CoC and doing exactly what has been the consistent mantra for a while. Plot the area you want so you do not loose it.

2 Likes

He always says they will take action if they notice a problem/abuse. They cannot see into the future and read people’s minds though. There’s no way they can prevent every devious act before it happens, but they can take action.

I keep seeing people say we have too many planets as is, but quite frankly I would love some fresh new planets to explore where there’s more meaning to the exploring than just “ok, that one was cool. it will be gone in a few days, then on to the next!”. I love exo’s I really do, but many a time I see one and think “ohmy I wish this one didn’t go away!”. I also lost the incentive to completely wanna explore exo’s, I did in beginning for some but right now I just wanna know where the resources are and go grab 'm.

Anyway, yes, I would love some new permanent planets of ANY tier, and preferably in ALL 4 the regions, my ideal would be 6 new planets per region, T1 thru T6, heck maybe even a permanent T7? or better yet, add some more than 6 per region, 2 each of T1 thru T4! 1 T5, 6 and 7, so 44 new planets total, woooo!

I would go nuts!

So would the portal networks :smiling_imp:

I know this is not gonna happen and yeah, it might mean we’re even more spread out blabla, but sure would love it.

Of course, rental planets would kinda solve this too but it seems those are a long ways of still. Wonder what we will see first, PS4 deluxe upgrade, platform character transfer or rental planets…

4 Likes

I’d want to keep the T6s lol, but absolutely, I think the addition of a few placid T1s could be hugely beneficial all-around. :slight_smile: I only would see upsides to adding a couple, really see no downsides personally… that is what many want to build on and are especially popular of course for the starter builds. Even if we aren’t expecting a huge influx of people any time real soon, perhaps get them up now, let us get building on them.

Especially if some of the features of recent exos were added in - they have been so gorgeous in recent months. :smiley: A T1 with some of the forests and such of some of these exos… oh, I’d be adding a new home to the list in a hurry! :wink:

4 Likes

Yes… new permanent public and rental planets would be awesome!

4 Likes

to alleviate some concerns about this particular settlement (or to create some new ones, I don’t know y’all that well) :

-a big thing is indeed planned here. not only planned, already being built
-a very large area was reserved on an empty land, taking advantage of the road reservation system (temporarily) to save time and clicking.
since the plotting, planning and building is not done by the same person, it couldn’t be done with much precision from the beginning.
the actual area is now being determined inside the noodle area that provides additional protection because the planning takes a lot of time. ( the entire thing is on for just like a week now )
-they have enough plots to fill it and more

-OP: the area around you is far away from the action and should remain untouched and shortly be made available again. if you need to expand that direction right now, contact the owner, I’m sure things can be resolved promptly :slight_smile:

12 Likes

hmm (response is a joke and off topic so may get flagged)

1 - rental planets (6-12 months)
2 - Platform character transfer 2022
3 - PS4 Deluxe 2020

1 Like

I don’t buy that. I just don’t. I think it’s a cop-out from actually moderating the game of toxic players. I’m tired of playing a game where the rules are being constantly changed and different people penalized based off changing criteria. I’m in the process of deleting my beacons. I’m just done. It’s been a year and nothing has changed. I appreciate your faith in things but I’ve lost mine. Continue to enjoy the time you spend here.

You have the plots, you own the land. Plain and simple. You reserved using roads, and at the time that was allowed, you were in the right - also plain and simple.

The road rules are changing, so “eventually” road plots won’t be reserved - I’d say hustle with the plotting since the clock is ticking but it could be as soon as Tuesday or as late as several months from now - who knows.

At any rate, I want to see this build and think it’s safe to say there was no bad intent here. Just a player and their plots at work.

4 Likes

Why is this an issue at all? Was OP actually planning on building here? There was no real explanation to why to even bring this drama up again. Its been talked about in a few different posts.

Or… is someone jelly they dont have the plots?

3 Likes

Same. BL actually needs huge builds/projects and players with ambition like this to show potential players the possibilities - they LOVE seeing builds/projects. Give streamers and YTers more to talk about :wink:

6 Likes

It’d be different if they were deleting or boxing in diamond spawn locations or something, which is “allowed”

3 Likes