Destroy your shop's competition in 3 easy steps

I put my gems in a shelf and vansten takes em and puts money in my basket.

2 Likes

:eyes::joy::+1:

2 Likes

Well if you make the 15 inaccessible they will individually be flagged and removed from the list, right? If you make them accessible and do it to quickly manipulate the charts, youā€™re either selling out and only making 15c or people will assume theyā€™re all you and once anyone else is on the list theyā€™ll go buy from them. Lose/lose scenario.

I have no doubt manipulation efforts will mostly backfire and/or new measures to prevent them will arise.

4 Likes

Lol I actually see the point that itā€™s a very flawed shopping thingā€¦couldnā€™t agree moreā€¦I was just messing with uā€¦hahaha

2 Likes

aaahhaha Iā€™m with ya now XD

1 Like

Thatā€™s completely fair response.nothing wrong with wanting to know mechanics. I might be wrong but thatā€™s not the impression you give by how you started thread.

3 Likes

well introductions of new system features, are likely to be used in unintended ways that the devs did not think of. This is not abuse. just players getting clever and creative! this is the beauty of sand box games that helps the human race use there minds excel. As devs might have not intended for certain uses of features, same with players not necessarily see making use of features as abusing that devs not want them to use in that way. simple result is for identify how the features being used after release of features and then make refinement corrections. Been there done that :wink:

youā€™re right, itā€™s pretty dramatic. I was a bit shocked by the idea as I was typing it.

I havenā€™t logged on yet. Does it give coordinates? If so my hidden stands that I was giving away stuff for 10c could be found very easily. Which also means Iā€™m now going to ask @james for chests. And new locks (locks and keys). Which can be added to doors and chests. HELLO DUNGEONS!:man_shrugging: Lol.

2 Likes

You can set your shop stand discoverability in the options on your beacon (or on a per shop stand basis), so they should remain hidden.

6 Likes

When you are looking for items to buy, you just click on the shop in the list and it puts a GPS tracker on it for you to follow.

1 Like

Aaah!!! Wellā€¦ I still stand by my need for chests and locks and keys and creature spawners. Lol.

3 Likes

Actually unlike many people, i have high hopes for the system. I think most people wont go for great lengths to limit competition in this way and whoever does undercut others severely as to cause an imbalance in the competition wont last long (since they have to mine/make things themseleves all the time). Ive had good experience so far. Threw away like 300k until now in no time. Haaaaalp.

Also, for a good deal (and high qty), i didnt find running 2200 m a problem. I ran it several times so far xD. Pop a speed brew and move them legs on a fast char :joy:.

EDIT: Ok its about 500k now that i spent so far. This is working well xD. Plus, got to see so many new places and aaah Illuminaughty city (long name man) is REAAAAALLY nice!

Edit 2: Autumn Dell is wonderful too!

14 Likes

I also think the system will work just fine and look forward to using it

5 Likes

Oddly enough, I did this earlier and I also didnā€™t mind one bit. Maybe because I knew exactly what was at the other end. I usually hate running across the land.

5 Likes

I did it using a fast char with a long grapple and on fairly flat land (cephonex, eresho, lamblis, etc). I can imagine it being harder on high tier planets esp with lava everywhere. But hey, you can always ignore the offer. I ignored many hot deals due to their low qty.

Also, many times the seller of one item will have other items next to it of the same category so you would ideally need to look up one thing (mantle for example) and youll find several other mob drops next to it which makes the trip worth it. Happened to me a couple of times so far.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a difference when you know youā€™re headed for a specific goal/reward. Not some ā€˜oh hmm I wonder if this will be stockedā€™. The brain is a tricky piece of hardware.

Itā€™s not so bad, it really forces you to get skilled with your grapples though :fire:

3 Likes

Perhaps you can show them how you implemented it in your scanner?

BTW, how did you and fuzzy solve this with boundlesstrade anyway?

I am sure they have been thinking about this for a very long time and considered every angleā€¦

you can click next to go to page 2

6 Likes

We can hold competitions where 2 (or more) players race to reach a shop stand (from a specific starting point) and whoever reaches it can have the item(s) in it. Wooo more friendly in-game games xD

1 Like