Destroy your shop's competition in 3 easy steps

Not exactly a solution then was it?

Okay @james time to change the limit to 32 or heck why not 48! Problem solved!

:smiley:

Hmm, interesting this actually might make sure that that long standing bug gets solved!

1 Like

what part of this thread doesn’t that solve?

I guess I didn’t explicitly say you can go to page 3 or 4. What I meant was that the results are paginated.

2 Likes

Ahh the selective quoting of Simoyd at work! About detecting abuse and how the devs would handle it.

But it’s really easy, all they need to do is add paging and it’s solved, right? Right???

what part of this thread doesn’t that solve?

There, it doesn’t solve that, ya know, what I quoted and replied to…

how I implemented what? abuse as a whole?

sorry I didn’t realise we were talking about abuse in general here. I guess I was talking about just the list being short and pushing others out. I’m sorry if I accidentally mislead you to believe my statements were about anything other than that.

This specific abuse was a non-issue for boundless trade because it had pagination.

2 Likes

I quoted and replied to one of your own posts about how the devs can or can not define abuse.

Apparently you overlooked that I was replying to that…

again sorry that I was unclear about that original post you quoted, but I was talking about the topic in this thread, not just in general.

My apologies for my miscommunication for which I am at fault for.

2 Likes

(me sitting over here wondering how adding an option to go through multiple pages isn’t considered a solution :thinking:)

8 Likes

Phew crises averted! We both acted like adults, for once! :smiley:

As for the topic at hand, the number of shop stands listed is just that, a number, they can just simply make it higher any time they see fit. If it becomes 50 shop stands, it will become harder to use the trick you described. And if they can delist beacons like they talked about those will disappear as soon as wel let the devs know about it.

yeah man. you know I was just talking to my wife telling her about this forum. Now, she was saying that she had this other forum she had spoken on where they just wouldn’t stop being mean to each other. calling each other names and whatnot. and it got me thinking… WOW… I really hope we can act like adults on this forum. It would be a travesty to have such a situation here. I’m really happy that we both acted like adults. Thank you for being a part of this wonderful experience with me.

so you’re saying they don’t see fit to do that right now? even though it was identified in testing? Personally I think it’s much more likely that they want to fix it, but it takes effort which takes time. But I’m sure they’ll get to it if it does become a significant problem.

I don’t think this can happen to the low-key abstract abuse, can it?

Ehh, scratch that, only one of us apparently.

And with that, I’m done with this thread.

4 Likes

But Simoyd! What if they fill up page 2 with spam? After spending huge amounts of computing power on loading page 2, we can’t possibly expect to be able to load page 3! It would probably crush the server! And sorting by volume??? Insanity!

I do too and I really hate to see all the negativity over the devs putting us a tool in the game to make shopping better. I can’t help but wonder if some of it is by people that were doing the outside scanning and they are upset over something being put in the game. Whatever it is it would be nice if people would chill out and stop with all “the sky is falling”.

2 Likes

nah I’m happy about this. I’ve really wanted a live universe system built into the game from day 1. But you’re right I did present it in a bit overdramatic way :frowning:

5 Likes

the queries do actually run throttled already; every query gets queued up and each query runs over a period of time (usually 1 frame though as quick enough) before starting the next etc with the shopping-data state frozen (and deltas queued to be applied after the next query completes; and also throttled).

pagination, like extra filtering is largely client side gui work to add support for. though pagination would maybe want some server side changes too as a query for “page 2” would effectively have to generate twice the number of results and then just… cut off the first half before sending to client, there wouldnt be a way to directly start the query at “page 2”

5 Likes

Maybe just adding a simple filter to exclude blacklisted players from displayed results and an option to blacklist right there from the Buy From/Sell To tabs? Too harsh? :sweat_smile::kissing_heart:

GUIs are always the annoying part of programming. :wink:

I have never seen a rule book ever…so it’s not really against anything…if u can do it must mean your allowed to a certain degree or it wouldn’t be in the game…but that’s one point of view…