DEVS: Forging, could you give us your thoughts?

Its really not bad once you get comfortable on a build. I 2 shot elites so 5 peeps doing it isnt bad and goes rather quick. But i can understand the hurdle. Its supposed to be there. Hence progression. Everyones not supposed to get everything the second they start playing. Especially if they are not pure grinding and taking moments to actually enjoy the scenery that was also built for them to enjoy.

3 Likes

That is one of the many things that I like about the game. There is a definite progression that you can take at your own pace. And it doesn’t hurt to admire the scenery either.

1 Like

You can get spitter eyes on t4. I get roughly 30 to 40 eyes during an hour hunting. I have zero in luck and mostly do t3, t4 and t5 meteors. I have more then 700 eyes in my storage curently so getting spitter eyes isnt rare or hard. This the order of rarity for eyes starting with the least rare : wildstocks, spitter, hopper and roadrunner eyes

2 Likes

This.

We cant have progression and instant gratification at the same time. Its not creative mode, you need to build up to getting the best things. Having an aim and goals and stages to progression is a good thing. Thats the game.

3 Likes

The problem isn’t the ‘Progression’, but HOW we reach that Progression. Everyone agrees the Gem Wall as people call it, is just that a flat wall. Some people can climb it themselves, the most dedicated and hardcore players willing to spend 12 hours a day, hitting a rock 10 times to break it, just to find some diamonds.

And that would be good for them, if Gems were only for making Gem Tools, and Forging.

But it’s not. A LOT of Recipies, in every crafting skill, eventually start requiring power, which is only accessed behind the Gem Wall.

And it doesn’t help that Silver and Gold tools are flat useless, Iron is so much better to use. But it’s still weak compared to Titanium which is the next tier to beat out Iron. HOWEVER, Titanium is also hiding behind the Gem Wall, needing Power.

To progress in the game, eventually you run into Spark, a minor little drain on Coal but not too bad, then very quickly you run right into the Gem Wall, face first, and most players will never get past it.

It appears to suddenly, is required for anything useful to progress, and is a very big pain in the ass to get through without many hours of grinding, grinding, grinding, grinding. Not to collect resources, but to break blocks to explore the worlds to even see those resoruces, if the lava and creatures don’t kill you first.

I mean it’s VERY bad, when you can literally run into the Gem wall and be unable to progress within 2-3 HOURS of entering the game.

1 Like

Thats simply not true. Im halfway through the “gem wall” myself, playing completely solo. Yes it takes time and effort (aka progression), but no, its not at all impossible.

I have probably close to 200 gems for sale in my store, and I only have basic coils on my workbench and 2 adv on compactor. Im not in any rush, and weirdly, im not angry about it. Just enjoying the million other things the game offers while i work towards that one.

The game provides many many options to progress in many many ways. If someone chooses not to do them, then they probably wont progress in the game at record pace. Thats a personal preference, not a fault in game design

3 Likes

if u need to hit a rock 10 times u are not fit to mine there. This is obvious and u dont have to bring it up as an argument that the game is too grindy or the gem wall too high >.<
go to serp with a real miner skill build and farming gems is easy. try this with ur wooden shovel and ur crafter and u will fail. Why do u choose the way thats gonna fail and then complain?

2 or 3 hours into the game u should be still in early game and not caring about any gems. U have your build, ur character to lvl, much stuff to explore. Dont act as if this game does only involve getting over the gem wall and nothing else. Most player will never get past it? are u serious? just because u are stuck somewhere with 0 motivation 0 effort and unwilling to adapt at least a little to ur environment surely every wall seems too high for u. but that doesnt mean that its like that for everyone or even for “most player”

2 Likes

u take the atlas, put some shimmering orbs into it and u see the whole map full of dots and u can just walk past them and collect. u get enough shimmering orbs for ur needs. how many orbs do u need? 100? 200? 500? When u collected everything on a planet u can move to the next one. And if u still dont have enough orbs u can farm growth

@Kamenik atlas proves u wrong. i see on mine at least 10 of them in the closest area around me and there another 20 in that direction and so on. if u only find 2 or 4 orbs u just dont know how to gather stuff in this game. growth drops are dependent on ur luck. how much u got?

i walked now maybe 30 min randomly without using atlas just to explore regions and found like 30 orbs. it a walk in the park LITERALLY
Im sry all people here u wasting ur time… 2-4orbs in a gathering run… this is the level of competence of the people accusing the game of being grindy. Maybe there were a flood of players searching for the same (never saw this kinda flood but whatever) … did u then try to look on another planet maybe? no?

4 Likes

“4k growth, a few orbs”

Come on that’s just crazy. I get 1 orb from every 10-20 growth consistently and glowing shrooms aren’t hard to find.

2 Likes

17 spitter eyes last night …on besevrona ,no meteors (i was filling my atlas).

Sooo nobody’s asking but why don’t spitter eyes drop below T4 since they’re now randomly added to an otherwise n00b recipe? Yes, we all know you can “just” hit 40 and go to a T6 world…

2 Likes

hunt spitters on t5 planets elementals strong,mighty i kill ±100 spitters and have 1 yes 1 eye omg same shimmering orbs i search glowing fungus 2 hours and no one i go harvest growth on t6 planets i have in inventory 2000++ growth and 15 growth after 3 hours hahahahahah i think thunderstruck lose more and more ppls fast and faster every day when doing this and think doing right hahahaha.

Sorry, i really don’t understand someone call it balance.
This change only affect new players, and mid game players.
For 90% of old players we don’t care if we have to use the spliter’s eyes or not.
Most of us can farm that think really quick.

So this change is kind of create for new players and mid game players who just start to forge.

Also due to the current mining system, it make new players even harder to forge a 3x3 aoe hammer.

I mean a lot of people who has difficult to grind gems are new / mid players.
But dev keep increasing the difficulty for them lol.
And end game players still live like before, we still get tons of gem in one hours + tons of exp + …etc

This why i don’t call it balance, it only make new / mid players hard to play, but old players getting 60% of resources in the current game.

4 Likes

Can people hunt on T3 planets and acquire enough loot to sell for enough coins to buy necessary drops? Does the economy currently support this?

For example, if I want to spend 2 hours mining for silver… is it possible ATM to ‘trade’ that silver for a high level player’s 30 minutes worth of titanium?

Another example, if I spend 8 hours at level 20 getting shadow orbs, can I trade those orbs for a level 30 player’s 2 hours worth of spitter eyes?

I realize I probably have the ratios off… but If all that’s possible at reasonable ratios, progression works fine, right? The game’s designed to limit even end-game single characters from being able to acquire everything themselves… but if the economy isn’t working, and those same characters can’t trade across specializations, I’d say that’s where the majority of the frustration is coming from.

I don’t know either way yet, but I’m excited to find out… I really hope the small player-base doesn’t hinder the barter economy, because if it does… the game doesn’t work as it is intended.

2 Likes

You act like I don’t know what I am doing. I know how to use the atlas. I KNIOW how to go find stuff. Problem is either is very little of the glowing mushrooms out there. Either they aren’t spawning much or they are being farmed to death. The most I have ever had after running around for several hours was 50. As far as growth the drop rate on that sucks and yes I have all the luck type skills maxed. I find that too painful to do with the amount of hits it takes. i am stating how I feel and how the game feels to me. You can stop with trying to push your judgmental attitude on me.

2 Likes

is 50 from a few hours not a good amount? serious question, i’m pretty new… but that seems like more than enough to do some decent forging.

If not, how much would you want for a decent ‘crafting session’ ?

Not really when they are needed in so many different recipes.

1 Like

If you focus on one machine 50 should do for a couple crafts. But no in the grand scheme of things 50 is like pennys to a hundred doller bill.

1 Like

They aren’t. After each nerf they have explained their thinking. Just because they aren’t saying what you want to hear doesn’t mean they are silent.

3 Likes

Ok so what are they saying? I’m hearing crickets.

1 Like