DEVS: Forging, could you give us your thoughts?

Because these “noob recipes” never should’ve been the beginner ones in the first place.

I wish it had been fixed before release, and think they should add a new set of beginner compounds that don’t require creature drops and give some quirk and defect points as well.

2 Likes

Here is what they are saying:

2 Likes

u are on the wrong planet.
it just took me 2 hours to explore the rest of my t5 planet. wasnt even collecting specifically glowing mushrooms and i have 60 orbs now in my inventory ( discount ten which were already there). I couldve searched for them only and wouldve gotten twice that amount. and if u farm growth with good enough skills, not like @Kamenik obviously, then u get enough orbs from this farm too.
im sorry but when u state that there are not enough glowing mushrooms u dont know what ur doing… on one way or the other

Don’t jump down my throat, okay, for asking again a question that I might have asked before. I like to read on forums and get inside info, and it lets me interact with others. I am still learning, reading and such but three meds I take cause memory problems so even writing it down I forget it and have to hear/read it over and over before it sticks. So, sorry to be repetive and seem to be totally stupid. It’s either take the meds and live and have memory problems or don’t take them and won’t have to worry about memory because I will be dead.
Okay, read the update from the devs, but most of it goes over my head because I have no idea of what they are talking about, come here to read and learn. the eye thing to me is a example of how the needed info isn’t out. Don’t know where as my son and I enjoying going through portals to look at shops, look at planets, get a idea of what is where. Somewhere along the line I ended up with some critter’s eye. While on another planet we found a dormant meteor and busted it open, but I didn’t have any room, was going eye? toss it, I need that ort shard I found. Now, I read that the eye is important.
Why aren’t we given this info earlier so we will know not to toss them when we find them? That we will have to have them soon to use and so if we find them don’t toss, keep. I still have one that I got somewhere, don’t know where, we have been on t1-4 planets, just a peek for the t4, as soon as we start to get out butts handed to us on a platter we run back with out tail between our legs.

Would it be so hard to put a small notice for new players that these are rare items and if you come across them keep them, don’t toss them? Eyes, the special orbs, the ort shards anything else that is rare?

its in the info: right click the item. says something like uncommon or rare crafting ingredient. u keep that over a stack of sand or something in the future ;D

when u make a dedicated hunter and going on meteorite hunts this stuff drops more often. Some people complain cause they dont know that luck is one of the most important attributes for ressource gatherers

1 Like

Maybe you are hogging them all then. Whatever dude. I have had enough of your attitude.

2 Likes

It’s why I hate all the Recipie changes, where the excuse is ‘People had X block just sitting in storage and not being used’. A, no freaken dah! Not everyone does every role, no do they sell everything. I don’t use Fossils at all, nor do I sell them, so I just have stacks and stacks of them I keep for no reason!.

And B, the end game people are usually the ones hording stacks and stacks of items they don’t care or use or sell because they already have something making them money, they already have money, and they don’t need to craft whatever uses that block.

On top of C, when that block does get added to a Recipie, all the end game people who were storing thousands and thousands of the blocks it doesn’t effect, cause they already have the blocks. Changing the recipie doesn’t effect them at all. But for new or mid tier players, or players that don’t collect that kinda block, it’s just pure extra work. So it has no effect on the people you targetted, and negative effects on everyone else. That’s not a good thing.

2 Likes

There are 2 things you are ignoring, @Shadesmar.

The first is Regen. Anabella could have went farming half an hour after another player went out first looking for the stuff, finding only the scraps as nothing had regen’d yet. Failure of game design.

And B, straight up luck. You can get 100 people, and give them 100 of the item to farm for the drops, and you’ll get 100 different numbers, most of them being very low, and only a few very high. Then do the test again and the numbers are switch, a lot of high numbers and very few with low. Chance, randomness, luck, it’s in their name, they aren’t reliable.

YOU can do 5 hours of work and get very lucky with a high number of orbs, but @Anabella could do the exact same 5 hours of work, and get very unlucky and very low drop rates. That too, is a failure of game design, especially if they build around you having very high luck, instead of low luck, with such items.

1 Like

Before when we still in alpha beta, most people can stay at least longer than 3 weeks,
But recently I find out that new players quit the game really fast.
I think its really important for dev to think about how come this game can’t keep the new players for long as before.

too many new players ask me for the suggestion about mining gems, and the only thing i can tell them is use your iron hammer and collect 1 by 1. Or gathering other things to sell to shops to exchange the better tools to grind.

Before when the bomb mining wasn’t that famous, people are using diamond hammer to grind.
But those diamond hammer we had with 3 blocks aoe effect without forge.

After forge system release, and bomb mining remove from the game, i think its really hard for new players to finding gems in the game.

The balance didn’t really affect old players at all, especially for us.

Also if the bomb mining has issue to gather a lot of gems in short time, i think the hammer mining in this patch is even worse lol

You can get even more gems with the best hammer in the game in same time +exp gain as well.

The entire problem is this forge system, make everything way too over power, also its really hard to balance.

1 Like

that ressources dont regenerate immediatly is not a failure in game design, i cant believe u are stating this. Also when ressources are farmed recently they are still on the atlas. i doubt @Anabella was looking at her atlas, identifying 50 farm spots, when exploring them realizing that they were farmed and then appearing here in the forum to complain about it like u would jiro.
Someone here has a problem farming those ressources and maybe its due to player activity (which i stated already as possibility, please learn reading my posts) or due to her planet

and also with enough luck there is always 1 guaranteed drop of 1 glowing mushroom, so u cant tell me that when i look on my atlas and see like 90 spots there that every player in the universe was somehow first there and farmed it away and i could end with 10. And even when it does: my statement still is true even from that unlikely perspective: go to another planet and try there

1 Like

I can remember reading somewhere, here or on a youtube video of how the devs were going to change the respawning as item A would respawn for example at midnight. It is a unusual item and someone one a different time zone would be up and ready to go hunt for the item. Billy Bob, who has a job can’t go mining until after he gets home from work, helps kids with homework and then goes to play. By them, all of that items have been mined. Problem is, it is still showing on the map being there. so he doesn’t know that there are no more left, he spends three hours looking for that much needed item.
Don’t know the answer, but do believe that a lot of new players are going to rage quit because they can’t find the items needed. Very few players will visit forums, watch youtube videos and learn about the game. They just go I need this and it requires this and I have to go to this type of planet to get the items. Go, died, go back, die. Go back third time, de. Rage quit and trash the game. Not fair, it is a great game.

2 Likes

u will never get the players that leave in the first 5 min, except by sheer luck. no one notices them, no one cares for them and u certainly dont base any strategy or even any discussion on them >.<
Also from my experience it wasnt that to get enough diamonds even without a 3x3 hammer. theres nothing to balance, forge system is mid to end game and supposed to be powerful

there are many youtube vids out and u need to see that u didnt watch a video about the alpha version where information could be outdated. the world regeneration kicks in 4 hours after the last time someone changed something nearby in the world. Also surface ressources regenerate much more rapidly now. its highly unlikely that one guy or even a whole guild just mines everything away on a planet.

Surely it is frustrating to bump into areas where other people already farmed the goodies they found but thats life and if u dont have at least that much tolerance to endure this little hardship and just dig ur own mining shaft somewhere else or use his tunnels to prospect greater areas of unexplored ground then u will have problems… inside this game and in real life. Those people cannot be saved, they work their way out of this swamp or will drown

Always, Always double check the date before I watch it. Learned that a long time ago the hard way when I was playing a new game and went with the out of date video.
Now, I make sure it is current. Or, if I watch it, it us just to get a idea on the player, will I enjoy watching that person.

I can get shadow orbs, sweet beans, bitter beans, exotic yams, and waxy yams in very good amounts. But shimmering orbs are a huge PITA. I have heavily searched Beservrona, Cardass, and Alcyon…several hours at a time on each of those and multiple times… I have gone to and done lighter searches (couple hours each ) on Alnitans, Shedu Tier, and Serpensarindi. I either have really bad luck or am missing some gold mine spots…or they are not as common as some folks act like. I was told (by a trusted source) that the devs said world regen was heavily behind on the planets but I was not able to find the post to confirm that. I know those orbs are needed in so many different recipes and they might just be super farmed out. I think we need twice as many t5 and t6 worlds. It would help the lag and it should make a huge difference on stuff like the orbs.
As far as the orbs go I put out a request basket right in front of my shop portal for them offering 300c each. It was 100 more than a lot of the baskets I saw. Though I did find one basket offering a little more. However 10 at 300 is 3k. I am by far not rich in the game and can only afford to do so much. And as of yesterday I hadn’t got a single one. I haven’t played today at all. I am sorely upset at this game and some peoples attitudes have not helped that one bit. Thanks for your post and what you pointed out.

1 Like

In the other area, I can agree to some extent. I use myself as a example. I’m a rare one in that I love research. So I don’t have a problem in reading on forums, watching videos, looking up reviews on what is done and how it is done and looking for the good mixed in with the useless.
When I mess up I go that is life. My dying due to lousy shooting at the goats and other critters are funny to me, I don’t let it get to me. Well, bears did on 7 days to die, but they look a bit more realistic than the goats in this game. And 16 deaths in just over two months? Bit nerve-wracking; it wasn’t the zombie that sent me to play in Creative mode, but the bears.
But some don’t have the time. Full time job, family, commitments, new to gaming. Maybe getting out of the square box they have been in and wanting to stretch out, and finding it a bit scary. They need the tips, the encouragement to stay with it, to keep on trying. Hopefully they will find their way and promote the game. If not, they will fair and trash the game.

well then it might be time to raise ur shoveller alt. within half an hour u could be ready to mass farm growth

7 days to die? Do I know you Janna?

Might as well shoot me now. That is so beyond boring. You get like 1 for every 10 even if you are lucky. Plus I need those points for other stuff. I am not going to gimp myself to farm those orbs.

2 Likes

Janna has been asking lots of great questions on my 1.0 tutorial videos so the info is current within a few patches. Very thorough in explaining what the question is and gives context about any scenarios in question. Also gives timestamps which make my life easy easier in responding.

Janna has been following my channel for a decent amount of time and is never shy about seeking answers. Really a treat when I get a comment pop up. Speaking of which I still need to create that 1.0 playlist you mentioned.