DEVS: Forging, could you give us your thoughts?

yesterday i farmed 10k peaty soil within minutes with my lumberjack. that would be 1k shimmering orbs if im lucky. still dont wanna try?
it was on placid so blocks break easier but u can replace my iron shovel with titanium and get the same amount. also it was not growth, i know its somewhat less prevalent than peaty soil but u still can get it much

Let me guess you had an AOE shovel?

That’d be my guess anabella. Probably a 1x3.

10k in minutes I would guess a 3x3. But even then that seems overly exaggerated. Because I was using AOE 3x3 to dig up mud and ash and it took me about 30 minutes to get 5k of it.

10k? I guess I read that wrong. I think you’re correct.

And how many minutes? 3 hours could be measured in minutes lol.

1 Like

3x1 was enough … and this was forged with my forge character yea with mostly basic crafting ressources. iron is pretty good to forge
what are ur skills contributing to shovelling anabella?

That is a good question. Takes me 30 minutes to get about 5k with 3 x 3 which is why it sounded overly exaggerated to me.

With a below adjacent iron shovel on seg with my miner it takes about 5 minutes to get a mass craft worth of peat. Haven’t got one that is 1x3 as I keep overshooting the boon points.

Plus seg has single block strips of peat so 2x1 is actually preferable so it works out fine.

and yea: mud and ash need twice the amount of hits to break than peaty soil right? (im not sure tho)

That sounds correct excluding the addition of critical hits every once in awhile

I had some AOE titanium shovels that I was using but with all the nerfs I am not sure when I will get more made. Heck right now I am not sure when/if I am ever going to play again. I miss a lot in the game but it is no good playing something that is upsetting me. I play games to have fun, not to get frustrated.

there has been nothing changed in the forge mechanic. just a minor recipe change of something u anyway didnt use much if u had done this effectivly

Growth that drops orbs is a heck of a lot harder than any of those. Or I would have already farmed that stuff. I however don’t like doing stuff that has very little reward for time put in.

2 Likes

i just doubt u go into this with the right setting thats all im saying. im happy with the orbs i farmed earlier this day… got a total of 120 which is more than enough to craft some stuff cause the mass crafting recipes only need 36 of those. if i need more i try to farm growth and make a fortune from all those players lolol

I understand where you’re coming from. You wanna see steady increases in progress towards a goal.

Im very laid back in games like these and don’t set hard progress limits for myself so the added grind hasn’t negatively affected my enjoyment.

That being said people that are goal oriented will definitely feel differently than I do and see added grind as non value added. I acknowledge it is non value added and will slow my casual progress down but with no expectations on progression goals it doesnt matter to me if it takes me 3 months to max level or a year.

Games like 7dtd where there are hard time limits of when an event will happen (7th day horde) I play extremely focused (for me at least, still get distracted way too often) and i feel pressure to continually progress. In this game i don’t feel that.

No judgments made about anyone’s play style intended, just my semi random thoughts on the discussion at hand.

Edited for some spelling noobery

1 Like

Can you not learn to stop with the accusing attitude? Geeze dude! They did change the recipe and to me it is a nerf. They made it harder and that is what a nerf is. They can call it a bug fix if they like but that wasn’t a bug. Maybe an oversight but not a bug. Either way it takes more and does not give more. I do have some spitter eyes because I tend to fight stuff that attacks me. But I only have enough to do a couple of recipes. However I don’t have the orbs. Also I refuse to put quirks or defects on my tools. They are stupid concept IMO.

2 Likes

Last night hunting on Lamblis (T3) I seemed to be getting more wildstock eyes than before so it seemed to me that the drop rate on those was buffed.

I went to a T4 world and was doing a level 1 meteor and killed TONS of elemental wildstocks and got ZERO eyes. WTF?

And those are supposed to be for the starter forging boons?

Where the elemental wildstock still stouts? Also what is your luck skill at

They were a mix but quite a few were blue health bars so I would say yes. I was getting butted all over the place by about 10 wildstocks at once so I didnt have time to check hehehe

Luck is 8/8

I just wanted some decent tools to mine on the t5 and t6 worlds. And to have some AOE ones for material gathering since i need so much ash, clay and mud since i like to use bricks. I probably wouldn’t have been as upset with this if they hadn’t been doing it each patch. They come in with stealth nerfs and I can’t even be prepared for them. Also what they are doing are not going to stop ones running their farming army and power leveling people. Nope it just hurts the laid back players that don’t want to spend a billion hours farming stuff.