DEVS: Forging, could you give us your thoughts?

Ok, it is possible for t1 wildstock to have buffs iirc. Even buffed t1 wildstock wouldn’t have eyes in the lot table.

Let me share how it has changed my specific experience. Before this change, I had just started dabbling with forging for personal-use items. I built a bunch of Titanium hammers, made some Pure Boon 1 and Imperfect Boon 1, then bought some Pure Boon 3 from a store. With one or two Pure Boon 3s and one Imperfect boon 1 to build out an initial base of boon points, I’d just use Pure Boon 1 to coast out the rest of the stability and hope for lucky rolls. This was getting me things like hammers with an extra 500 durability and light, or a little added damage. Nothing big, but I was learning the system.

Now, without being able to craft Pure Boon 1 near as easily, it doesn’t seem cost effective to do that coast thing, and I certainly don’t want to use items that create flaws to eat up the last of my stability. So once I have the traits I want, I guess I just need to finish up and waste the added stability? I’m really not sure what to do to fill this gap. I don’t have power so I can’t craft Pure Boon 3s, and they’re pretty expensive to buy.

At this point I’m going to stop forging until I can reliably make Pure Boon 3s. Even if I up my efficiency getting eyes and I have enough, it will be more profitable to sell them then to risk them learning the forging system further. I’m a bit bummed that forging will have to wait a while longer, but I guess I’m OK with it if it means I can make a profit off the changes and buy some more power.

1 Like

show me someone who has already farmed billion of hours? u realize that u dont even have that much seconds in your life?

how much agi does ur gathering character have anabella?

I am not logged in and currently not planning to. Is that the swing speed or the run speed one? If run speed it is maxed out. If is the other then probably none. My gather is my fighter. I don’t waste my points when I still need other stuff. My miner had nearly max swing speeds but she is squishy. Once again I don’t waste points when I have other ones I need to put stuff in. I am not doing the growth farming so if that is why you are asking then please forget it. And I am not making yet another alt.

2 Likes

You need to make separate alts for your gatherer and fighter. A gatherer is a stealth build.

My gatherer kicks butt. She is able to get around fast and map planets. She can chop plants just fine and get boulders just fine. I don’t have to play according to someone else’s cookie cut build of how to do stuff. Plus stealth doesn’t work worth ■■■■ on t6 planets.

1 Like

of course stealth work why shouldnt it?

Stealth does not work well on those higher mobs. The tool tip even tells you that. It is not worth me putting the points in NOR is it the way I want to play. Y’all can stop trying to tell me how to play the game. I don’t tell you how to play yours. Stealth in no way affects the drop rate of the orbs.

No, you don’t. But you are going to have a hard time if you don’t.

I fought this. I wanted jack of all trade characters. But I realized I was just making this less fun for myself.

Now I have a crafter/builder, a hunter, a gatherer, a cook and I’m about to make a dedicated miner.

You keep saying “I don’t have the points for this.” This is why.

You can get away with a Miner/hunter. They share most of the same skills. But any kind of tank isn’t going to have the points you need for gathering.

its only less effective as the tool tip states. meaning u need more stealth to be safe. just put some points in control to enhance stealth… also i really dont get why it is so hard for u with enough run speed and using atlas to gather enough shimmering orbs (no offense really its just puzzling for me). How many orbs did u want to get in this gathering run over all planets? btw looks like u could drop some points of ur atmospheres because u dont need all at the same time

If I do it your way I will have a bunch of low level alts and feel like I am never getting anywhere in the game. I don’t have a problem with my gatherer. I DON’T want to dig growth it is boring. I don’t mind fighting the mobs while I am out gathering stuff. Yea I die a little bit but so what I still have more fun than I would if I took your way. Oh and I gain levels fighting while gathering.

ok now im getting a picture… u kinda fought all kind of mobs there, died maybe several times and called this a gathering run?

I am done with you. I would put you on ignore if they had the option.

2 Likes

I don’t much pay attention to my levels. Digging up surface resources with gather epic brings lots of XP. All the XP from chopping down 50 trees or digging 500 peat, or whatever, at a time does as well.

do u give any reason for ur temper tantrum or do i have to live with that? Just wanted to get to the bottom of ur claims

I’ll answer for her, your tone is rude.

2 Likes

explain a bit more pls… i never said anything rude to anabella

“ok now im getting a picture… u kinda fought all kind of mobs there, died maybe several times and called this a gathering run?” This is rude. Is English a second language? Not an insult, a question.

4 Likes

its not rude, its a question and this question was predicated on her comments earlier because i still trying to piece together why annabella is claiming that she didnt get shimmering orbs on all higher tier planets despite extensive search. So my legitimate question was if those runs were real gathering runs or just supplemented hunts. this makes a considerable amount of time difference.

People get butthurt and overly defensive all the time. What i said there wasnt rude at all. Instead we encountered the solution to the problem: at the gathering runs with stealth take considerably less time and effort, so i can understand why there was a problem. everything solved for me… now someones just needs to take the knowledge and adapt accordingly

What I want to know is why no complaints about roadrunner trophies. Hunted them all night, with most spawning as the weaker runners on t5/6 and came home with 2. That is plainly ridiculous.

2 Likes