Diamond Mining

2 of us have Spent the last 3 hours trying to find diamonds on Serpensarindi. It’s getting us nowhere. Any hints on what area? tried caving and strip mining Many different biomes. Even the random floating stuff in the sky. For a Blast planet that’s supposed to have diamonds. Doesn’t seem like there are any

It does seem like some resources are especially hard to find. Generation rules seem to have changed drastically, but it generally seems that certain resources prefer to spawn where they have 30-40 meters of stone above them, which reduces the likely hood of finding them easily in caves. Try honeycomb mining in solid stone under mountains?

1 Like

There are 287,973 Diamond seams on Serpensarindi.

(Just checked because your post momentarily terrified me.)

19 Likes

grabs hammers and opens a warp to Serpensarindi

5 Likes

I haven’t progressed this far yet, but may i recommend doing some meteorites until you get 1 diamond, then try putting it into an Atlas.

2 Likes

… don’t forget your atmospheric protection. [Starts choking]

9 Likes

Too far away for me… I got stuck last time I warped anywhere :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ooops, I forgot tha…

11 Likes

That’s our current plan, but we don’t seem to have a hope of taking on a lv1 meteorite on a lv3 world.

Edit: The atmosphere protection notification bug is REALLY getting on my nerves now.

This may be useful. Try “deep below mountains”…

They tried under mountains. Just seems strange they didn’t get even a whiff after 3 hours.

Try looking around depth 10, under mountains (elevation 120+)

We’ve tried doing that but it’s an absolute pain to get to that level with the armour on the blocks. I couldn’t find any caves in the mountain biome although there were some in the craters but no diamonds in sight,

what skill do I need for not dieing there

Volatile Protection. Which stacks and increases the time before it kills you

3 Likes

I’m on my humble goal right now of finding silver ores and haven’t seen one on both lvl 2 (Lutrion) and lvl 3 (Boori) planet (AUS servers). Probably spent a total of 2 hours mining in Boori and have been to different biomes but still can’t find anything. Are AUS players doomed? :persevere:

Can confirm this works.

We have finally worked out where to get them and finally have to for portals… WOOOOOOH!

1 Like

So where did you find them? Following the “deep under mountains” and not a single one.

Nevermind. Found some.

1 Like