Do we need a wipe?

Unless we have blueprints that allows us to copy our builds and move them to the new wiped universe my answer to this is no way

Down the Rabbit hole then.

Since no one seems to want to state any valid reasons, I am going to create one based off of what I think the reason is, but no one would ever admit to if it was the real reason.

The reason why I think some undefined people are wanting a wipe, is because they are unhappy with how the „Sandbox“ part of the game panned out for whatever reason and the current state the universe is in.

So theses undefined people who will remain undefined for Legal reasons, they think that if a wipe were to happen, the players and progress and builds in the universe would „Evolve“ differently and the universe might end up in a different game state then what we currently have, one that is more preferable for them over what we currently have.

It is an extremely selfish and horrible reason for it, but it is logical. A new Universe, A new chance for different groups to come out on top. Maybe there would be no Portal Seekers network in the new Universe, but in its place „WTH Investments Network“.

5 Likes

A wipe would also mean better resource distribution on the planets. Better cave systems. Etc. Look at the new planets compared to the old ones. The generation of the first set of planets wasn’t very good. There was no cave diving to get stuff. The newer ones, especially the exos. Are great for it. But their algorithm or what have you got more ironed out and became what it should have been from the start.

2 Likes

I still feel this can be done with out wiping anything, worlds have builtin regen on them, the regen can be altered to changed the resource distribution I feel. it may be a little more complex then just starting over granted, but the extra effort is Absolute worth not losing a modest amount of the player base. I would like to know if anyone haves Prior documentation of a dev stating that it cannot be done.

This reason is more coherent, however for me this is more suggestive that we need new non-Exo worlds that are better tuned for cave systems, needing to destroy everyone’s work for this, seems a bit much. „Throwing the baby out with the bathwater“ Is that how they say it?

I also think that with the effort, the devs might be able to tamper with parts of existing worlds that don’t have too much built on them, to add in cave systems, I understand this may take extreme effort, or may not be possible at all thou,

2 Likes

Is this post keep opening just to get heated and locked again?:thinking:

1 Like

I don’t understand why it is open at all, when the OP requested it to be locked.

There’s not just one reason for it. It’s a bunch of things, because systems added have made it a totally different game just folks don’t realize it because they’ve been slow boiled by playing it the whole time. For anyone coming back after being gone 6 months it’s totally different.

The biggest time there was a real reason to at least roll back things was after the bomb mining issue crept up. That threw a brand new fledgling economy out of whack at its very beginning and the economy has been a chore since. If we had those new cave diving planets that we’ve seen on exos bomb mining and 3x3 mining would probably not have ruined the economy … or maybe ruined is a abad word, maybe it wouldn’t have impacted the economy as much as it did.

One of the huge points in this game is the player run economy and it’s just sorely lacking. I mean it exists but with so many complaints it’s fallen to a website that doesn’t even get updated anymore because the creator is awol and now malls are thrown into fits until plots get fixed, again.

1 Like

Oh I know there’s not just one reason. I was just pointing out one of the (imo) significant reasons.

1 Like

I’m sorry! I replied to you by mistake.

1 Like

@Venom Hahhaha Good One…
hahaha

1 Like

This doesn’t seem to be a fair statement to those that have supported a wipe in various ways. Some people have stated reasons… so it isn’t like ones were give over the multiple times this topic as come up.

Every person I have talked to (including my own views) that has been on the side of a wipe never felt that this was a reason for the wipe. Some of us have discussed that obviously a few things would play out differently in how things look and who settles near whom but in the end that wasn’t the “reason” to do it for the group I know.

That doesn’t mean that for some people this might be something they would value for a reason. Everyone wants the game to work for them…

Exactly this post should be closed. It’s like the oortian account selling thread all over again. OP requested this closed

1 Like

Some of the planet maps cannot change without a rebuild of the planet. We had this come up in EA on some topic. I don’t exactly remember the specifics of the situation or why this isn’t possible. I just remember parts of a planet cannot change.

The “resource” regen part can be done regularly with a full rebuild of them across the planet. The natural process of harvest/regen will over time diminish the resource allocation of each resource that is harvested. This is a problem with the current design. I don’t know if this can be fixed or the amount of time it would take or what other issues might come from it.

Some people liked to live in caves or have them as a planet to settle on. A perfect example of the planets we have now from what people liked was Elopor in EA. Many people I know were disappointed that we did not get planets in the perm universe that looked like it… So even a EXO would not solve that problem.

At some point some people will start to get bored that we only have 41 (or whatever) planets and they will never ever change and certainly not grow until we have over 1500 people playing or the Devs decide to spawn new ones…

This idea was not supported by the community and actually shot down when I presented the idea of changeable land and planets. I don’t know if it is even possible. I have never asked James on a technical level. For reference:

I think this topic is kind of the special case.
An idea will destroy player’s hard work ?
Do we really need to discuss this lol ?

If this is a good idea then Devs should just do it, and lets see what will happen.
I guess the game will died in 1 month. Oh, maybe 1 week. If any one doesn’t believe it, let dev decide if we should test it or not lol.

If not even possible to happen, why this topic need discussion ?

1 Like

Here is the one thing people need to understand - At some point if the people that are interested in a wipe want to talk about it and have a place to discuss their reasons, they have the right to have that. Even if the reasons might not be ones some people agree with, those that have them have a right to discuss their views. It hurts no one and only gets bad when people come in and try to argue that their views are wrong.

So we can close this thread but people that disagree should not have an ability to stop discussions on this forum for a group of people that want to talk about it. If we aren’t going to do it for people that want some feature, we should not be doing it for people that are trying to gain clarity on if they feel the wipe is important to them or not.

That is what a forum is about - discussion.

They have, but I am still waiting for a reason to be stated that is worth entertaining the idea of destroying peoples work over with out their consent and there is no other solution other then a wipe that would work for that reason

Both things need to be fulfilled for me personally to consider it „Valid“

Unlikely to ever happen when there is always the solution of creating a new Universe with out wiping the current, so people can pick what they want,

Thats nice

You would need to define what you mean by rebuild and why the world can’t be rebuilt then.

Which is why I said „Non-Exo“

If we put that idea up, right next to the idea of destroying everyone’s work, I wonder which one would have more bullets in it at the end of the shooting session?

Then they can create a new topic if they really want to talk about it more, the OP Requested for his or her own topic to be closed, That takes priority in my book as that is how it has always been handled. from what I have witnessed at any rate

3 Likes

You know I am trying to have a civil conversation with you about this. My posts have been respectful, providing information, and more than giving. Deciding to communicate like you are with little comments like what I quoted is really just pushing the line of being rude and condescending. There really is no reason to do this or choose to communicate this way. I am trying to have a fair and honest discussion with you.

Hence why I said it is fine to close. I don’t understand the reason to have to say anything about it.

I don’t have all the technical details to be able to explain it fully or communicate it in enough depth. All I know is during release people complained on there not being caves or something like that on the first generation planets. Something was said from the developer side that they couldn’t fix them and would have to generate a new planet. If I remember right…

I don’t have all the specifics to even search for that post. I just remember some basic context around it. That doesn’t mean it couldn’t be done ever if the maybe revamped their system but I don’t doubt that will be hard. Things like this have come up before and adjusting the worlds like that was always said to be hard. So I’m just not sure it is a viable option… but maybe with more technical details it might make sense…

So this seems like a bunch of ping pong back and forth.

1 Like

Maybe there is some kind of culture gap happening here, Should I show you an example of what it would look like if I was trying to be rude and or condescending?

Or haves the safe space world gotten so out of control that the word „Nice“ is now seen as toxic to people?

It is some how insulting that it is „nice“ that you do not have the same view as the Undefined people I mention?

Can you prove to me that my intent was to be rude or otherwise insulting?

1 Like

get a room
or just pm each other at least.

1 Like