Do we need a wipe?

If I just flag enough post will it close this thread??? Just kidding by the way

2 Likes

Please do I doubt there is a moderator around who would punish you :3

2 Likes

You’re intentionally being condescending and you know it and now you’re just trolling xaldafax.

Reasons have been stated multiple times in this thread about the benefits and possible compromises that could be made of a wipe.

You are welcome to read through the thread.

1 Like

Just close this thread already. Why wait? How is this helping at all. I know that they wanted to thread to stay open for opinions to go about. Though now it just seems like bully’s fighting in the playground and the teachers are just watching. Not pointing fingers, just saying.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but better caves and bomb mining affecting a fledgling economy are pretty hokum reasons for wanting a wipe.

There are decent caves on many planets… we built our guild builds on top of several of them on Seginiakai. I don’t think every planet needs to be riddled with holes… wouldn’t that all be the same and boring?

And the idea of bomb mining affecting the economy is a pretty thin reason for wanting to wipe the entire universe. Recipe changes will happen as the game evolves, new things will be added, others will be removed. All of these changes may or may not affect the economy.

Still waiting for a single valid reason for a wipe. I don’t care if they’re stated in other threads. I’m waiting to see them in this one.

Additionally, yes the OP stated that this post can be closed, but this topic still a lot of unresolved steam which will only spill over to another new thread immediately after this one is closed, which will result in that topic being merged with this one and it being reopened. Better to leave this one open and let is resolve naturally.

4 Likes

So it’s okay to close past threads when people were arguing back and forth. But this one for some reason is fine to keep open?

1 Like

It wont resolve anytime soon if there is this much spite. Let them fight it out in PMs not in public. But its not my house so I will just “enjoy” it while it lasts.

1 Like

I’ll leave it with this and say goodnight!

2 Likes

Gn8 Ratchel :3
d78d5752599ecf1f0da1590a1dff833b8dd7e4bf32c5ac2ea49950506721cc17

3 Likes

I hope you both realise in posting memes you’re part of a different circus?

Let’s keep it on topic…

I still don’t agree with this post being left open. OP asked for it to be closed hundreds of messages ago. Any other topic is closed right away when asked. This should be no different. And being as this question was brought up not that long ago as well why didn’t this one get merged with that one? It’s the same thing. So it should have been no?

It’s basically a slap to the face to op. Imo

2 Likes

Closure was specifically requested.

If you’re enjoying the carnage you are also welcome to open a thread on the topic.

This one didn’t spring up immediately after the other and it was already pretty invested by the time I saw it (I’m currently on holiday and have limited time).

And sometimes, rarely, the request to close a thread is denied as there is still conversation to be had on a subject regardless of the OP request.

If you want to start a new thread on the semantics of closing threads, you’re all welcome to do so.

Baggage not left at the door. Is the only reason this thread isn’t closed by now because a developer reopened it? (Yes I said goodnight though couldn’t sleep with all the noise :rage:)

1 Like

Quite frankly, if you really think that is the case, then you don’t even understand me in the slightest. I stand by my original statements, and questions.

If you cannot then you have to accept the fact that maybe you might be wrong, and misunderstand me either on purpose or by mistake.

The only wipe I need is when I had a shite.

Wiping won’t resolve anything this so called updates and fixed and improvements should have done before the servers/game was released! But as a game server owner myself I know where this is going, so I’ll just wait and shut my Mouth and prepare for war!

1 Like

Its war already, entertaining (sorry to say) but also sad theres so much potential.

1 Like

Why still talking of the stupid idea for a wipe ?

I play since realase ( soon a year) and i have placet over 1 millon blocks :sweat_smile:

No thanks a wipe no need.

1 Like

Heres the semantics which are not enforced:

No Flaming
This includes any kind of personal attack, flame, targeted harassment or intimidation. “But they flamed me first!” is not an acceptable reason to insult another player. A flame war is a flame war, and it does not matter who started it. If you have concerns about the treatment you are receiving at the hand of another player, please use the report action.

Many arguments cannot be won, and simply end up going round in circles taking discussions even further away from the original topic. When disagreements resort to “Since you seem to be slow, let me repeat my points for the tenth time…” it’s a sign that the conversation is going nowhere and the thread will be locked - agree to disagree.

Stay On Topic
If you’re posting in the “General” category, don’t start talking about your favourite food. We’ve set up different categories so that all the posts in one area are relevant to specific aspects of the game. If you want to talk about burritos or suchlike, use the Off-Topic category.

No Spamming
Spamming includes posting the same post multiple times, repeatedly posting on the same topic in different threads or posting the same post in multiple forums. Multiple posts will be locked, deleted or merged, and persistent offenders may lose their ability to join in the conversation.

No Thread Bumping
Posting message with irrelevant content for the sole purpose of keeping certain posts near the top is called “bumping”. This causes other posts to scroll off the page faster than they should and raises forum traffic unnecessarily.

If you think of something you’d like to add to a post after making it, we recommend editing your original post instead of making an additional one. Bumping threads may cause them to be locked and can result in persistent offenders losing their ability to post.

Flagging Or Reporting Forum Posts
Should you spot a post you feel requires the attention of a member of the community team, you should report it by using the “Flag” option. Please be aware that while this forum is moderated regularly it may not always be possible to address posts that require moderation immediately, however all “problem” posts will be dealt with.

Abuse of the post flagging system will be subject to the same discipline as abuse of any other system in place on this site.

Be Internet Savvy!
Under no circumstances will an employee of Wonderstruck ever ask for your password. Anyone claiming to represent the company who asks for your Steam, forum or any other password is up to no good and should be reported immediately.

We recommend you do not reveal personal details (full name, mobile, email address, home address, home phone etc) to players you may come in contact with, however this is at your discretion. If you are in any doubt, contact a member of the community team.

3 Likes

when we went from beta to release james personally told me
no more wipe so i sleep good at night :smiley:
also wiping a game so oldscool gamer mentality
playing while it gets made is the new norm for sure
in a few years few will be bothered when a game changes while playing it

2 Likes