Do we need a wipe?

More focus on combat and pvp would be so much fun.

1 Like

I still donā€™t see any reasons that would change my mind to wipe all the time and effort I put in this game and retain me and putting more money towards the game after it. Most of what Iā€™ve seen can be done by simply adding new planets. Especially if the private planets come to fruition. They can certainly have very unique rules and even look as different as those players want. As I understand it is intended that the are customizable. Being a private server they can even have unique economies. I still see the wipe topic as a bad idea, but i am listening open minded.

3 Likes

I have been thinking about this topic lately.

When I played on MC servers that would wipe when each new patch dropped, there would be a lot of buzz. People would come rushing back that had been away for a year and be ā€˜energizedā€™ to play again. The community would blossom.

But, it was artificial. The same problems that caused those players to leave the game would return and they would fade away back to wait for something exciting to happen again. They would go out after another new game that came outā€¦or something else.

If there WAS a wipe, I think (aside from those that are obviously against it) there would appear to be a flurry of new activity. Excitement that comes from setting up new systems and finding new bases.

But it will just fadeā€¦because it isnā€™t real change.

The new base you find will feel the same way the old one did eventually because the problem isnā€™t the game, it is your feelings. If you feel the game is stale, it probably is to you. That is okay. Games get staleā€¦it isnā€™t a sign of the game failing you, it is a natural process that happens with all things in our lives.

An artificial burst of players that would then leave again post wipe is not a long term solution. I would prefer to have the devs work on structural changes that result in the game improving vs a quick ā€˜fixā€™ of players that leave in 6 months because the game is the same as it was.

There is so much that will work out in time with this game.

When the game has more content (Titans /more blocks) the devs can do a push for new players and advertise. The rush of new players will result in new planets being spawned to explore and build on. Those new planets will have some of the cool Exo world features, yay.

Little by little it will work out.

9 Likes

Ah we have been talking about this in discord. With the buffer zones taking up a lot of space now. New planets maybe 4 would be great.

5 Likes

I wasnā€™t initially interested in that idea, but I think it wasnā€™t in the current live universe I would like it. As a casual player I would just get pummeled constantly lol. But If there were isolated planets or servers where we could try conquer and have mini guild wars, that would be funā€¦ but maybe itā€™s time for this in a separate post again.

Damn, this thread still goingā€¦

(Yes i see the irony in this post)

Create a new T4 lush ill move in today.

4 Likes

What if dev added a item called wipe to undo spraypaint :slightly_smiling_face: then everybody get what they want winner winner chicken dinner

2 Likes

Give me Blueprints and a new planet to tameā€¦ !!!

2 Likes

Looking on the bright side of a wipeā€¦the person that built next to my first house and hasnt logged on in almost a year would be gone :thinking:

2 Likes

of course so is your house. . :thinking:

3 Likes

Yeah, on the bright side, I could PLAN a new place around the weird oldest-plots/buffers mechanic that was layered ontop of existing buildsā€¦paralyzing all progress.

2 Likes

I could technically get half a planet with the reservation system after a wipe :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah we all do lolz
But doesnā€™t reset makes ya level 0 no alt

1 Like

In my generation ā€œniceā€ could still come off like I shared. In my message to you I clearly showed I was trying to have a conversation. Your response isnā€™t the normal way my generation would respond back unless they were trying to be difficult.

If I misinterpreted your statements or misread your tone, you are more than welcome to clarify them and I will certainly apologize in public here where I need to.

While I can completely agree that the reasons you quoted are not very earth shattering (pun intended) I completely donā€™t understand why you decided to take the tone you did with word selection. You have harped on me as being subjective, yet you can see that your statement above is subjective.

It is very clear that the reasons you are looking for must be on a technical level because even in EA you were unwilling to put the game before your own builds unless the reasons were very sound (in your views).

The actual issue here is the type of tone you (and many others in this forum) continue to use in sharing your disagreement with the ā€œwipersā€ views. It supports negative communication styles and gives those that feel a wipe is needed no ability to actually mature their views. Using words like ā€œthinā€ and ā€œvalidā€ are not helping.

To everyone:

If is VERY important that we get good solid reasons so I support the critical nature and how some people are really challenging the reasons. I donā€™t agree with how many are choosing to handle the discussion and approach the ones for the wipe.

At this point it is very evident that what @Havok40k said about this community not being able to handle constructive design in a competent way. Few things ever make it from the people that are too scared to embrace a different view to see where it really has merit.

Unless we can get a thread where we can talk out the ideas ourselves without those that refuse to really work through the ideas, I think it is just better that any person that feels a wipe is needed PM me directly with your ideas. We can vet them out in private. I will then present them to James directly on one of my calls.

Would be like on exo spawn when we all ran for petrolim ^^

1 Like

Wait they plan to wipe my house too :flushed: lol. If it would get rid of the evil in this world I volunteer my house as a sacrifice!

But we all know a wipe isnā€™t happening anyway

3 Likes

Someone need post plot pattern for world domination lol

2 Likes

Easy one line straight then attach lines on the left and right to it with 4 spaces inbetween >:3

1 Like

They would not be allowed to : remove Alts, Nor Plots that we boughtā€¦

Of course a years worth of hard work out the window and no blueprints to save my builds it wouldnt matterā€¦Id be moving on.

1 Like