[Downtime Complete] Update Deployed for 'Live Test'

Hi Everyone,

We have an update for you on the progress of the Creative and Sovereign Worlds release.

We’re going to be deploying the update today, as a form of ‘live fire’ testing to confirm the architecture around Private Worlds is working as expected. Once we’re satisfied that everything is up and running, we’ll be releasing the ability to rent Worlds.

Our Private World store won’t be open from the very start, and we’d anticipate it will be at least 24 hours before we’re in a position to do so. As you’ll appreciate, this update ties together a lot of the game’s systems - there’s no part of Boundless it doesn’t touch. As such, this more rigorous layer of testing has to be applied.

In the meantime, to give everyone a test drive of what life will be like on a Creative World, we’re releasing a ‘Developer World’ later on today. This will be a Creative World, so feel free to go wild on there! Make sure to share some screenshots of what you get up to, and most importantly have fun!

While you’re waiting for those Private Worlds, you’ll find Gleam Club members can bust out new dance emotes, and there’s a whole new set of Emoji to use. Of course, we’ve also got our Birthday celebration (commencing tomorrow…). The latest Testing Release Notes will give you the full rundown while we finish up the full Release Notes;

For all the info on Creative and Sovereign Worlds, then see our full FAQ here;

Thanks all, enjoy!

51 Likes

Has anyone seen what the new Emoji’s are? very exciting!

3 Likes

Nice! Hoping it has pricing info :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Drumroll please.

1 Like

What about the pricing info, though?

2 Likes

^ This… Very Important… Must. Have. This! ^^ :wink:

Oh and… me right now…

carlton

4 Likes

Definitely hoping said FAQ has pricing information.

3 Likes

My excitement for owning a planet can not be contained. Ready when you are, chiefs! (chieves? :P)

2 Likes

Chives.

5 Likes

This is a great thing to wake up to!

3 Likes

Well the potential 24 hour delay isn’t but otherwise yes.

5 Likes

It’s concrete news though, so there is that :wink:

Keeping my eyes peeled for the FAQ and (hopefully) pricing info!

13 Likes

yes ye yes finally xD

1 Like

He said at least 24hrs. So it could be 30hrs too

6 Likes

Could be 72h. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I’d rather a 24 hour wait to make sure it’s stable rather than it be released now and for the update to break the entire game, which could potentially happen here.

This time next week we’ll look back on all this and laugh together while we eat pizza. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I’ll only be eating pizza if it’s paid for by @Goblinounours :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

You guys will eat emojis printed on glass. I’ll eat all the pizzas. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Lol might need 5 of these babies

2 Likes

I mean the faq isn’t out yet. I’d wait for that to release before pinging them about it