[Downtime Complete] Update Deployed for 'Live Test'

I am not sure why a similar size planet creative planet and sovereign would not cost the same. I cannot think of a reason why one might be more expensive to run than the other.

1 Like

The ability to spawn every item and ability to have unlimited plots, all this could be a reason creative may cost more than soverign.

Are cheat loafs in creative?

not needed.

1 Like

But it’s balanced because you can’t take anything to/from there, & you get no coin, no XP, nothing.

1 Like

That is true. Though I feel it could still be possible that creative planets may cost a bit more since everything in the game will be obtainable at unlimited numbers to be used on that creative planet.

If that were to happen I wouldn’t think it would be about balance but more about clutter/server performance.

Personally, I’m not expecting it. Without features like redstone, I’m not sure if it costs much more server performance to store an animated block vs. a static one. AFAIK things like LEDs and coils with arcs are more of a client rendering issue.

1 Like

You wouldnt want someone to spawn 100k blink, rift or umbris and bring it on to the perm/sovereign side that would be totally unfair and would undermine the purpose of the game.

Animated blocks are minimal on their end the client does the rendering your right. The server just decides what blocks the client is to render and where.

You cant bring creative onto the live universe it says it in the previous faqs

1 Like

Yeah, I think they’ve said players, creatures, meteors & portals are what taxes the servers, for the most part.

1 Like

Well that makes sense. Because the first thing I tried to do was use a gleambow augment. I wanted to summon hundreds of meteors and watch them fall everywhere.

This works if meteors are not disabled, but they appear to be disabled on the Dev world.

@rossstephens @SamF @james @lucadeltodecso … So, about that FAQ and update notes… How are they coming along? So very curious about pricing information, which I’m sure many others are as well.

3 Likes

So much for an Imminent FAQ

1 Like

Well, if I can disable creatures and meteors on my Creative World, I will.

Very fake. Devs here don’t specify days. That’s how it’ll look like:

Please allow Soon ™ days for your planet to be delivered by Amazon.

2 Likes

I am not sure that matters. The server has to store every block on a planet, including the air in order to allow regen. So other than some additional markers for block type and color, all physical and open blocks are stored for both planet types. As far as unlimited blocks, I am not sure where that makes a difference to data storage. Could players build more initially in creative? Maybe depending on the player. We have players that have reclaimed builds with over 10k plots each, with the intention of rebuilding on a sovereign planet. Those players will be creating huge builds just as quickly as a player on a creative could. Also over time, both types of planets could literally be covered in player builds. If that is the case, then the data storage is the same. And has been mentioned if a creative player has turned off meteors and mobs, then could a sovereign planet actually require more server resources? If so and that is a criteria for cost, then should they cost more?

I still think all of these things balance out and the costs will be based on the size of the planet and how many players it can host simultaneously versus if it is creative or sovereign. Hopefully we will find out soon.

1 Like

So how many people think we will actually get the FAQ, Sovereigns and Creatives today.

I am in a bit of a mood so my answer would be negative…

2 Likes

How about we chill with the “i want now” negativity? :thinking:

1 Like

Really “I want now negativity” was last week and the first part of this week. After the posts last week and yesterday it would be easy if the verbiage didn’t drive us all nuts. Like ALMOST THERE and FAQ IMMINENT

Imminent means:
about to happen.
“they were in imminent danger of being swept away”

Everyone could be more patient if we weren’t feeling strung along at this point. What you see as negativity is misplaced and it has been the dev team that has made MANY OF US impatient with this misuse of language. Just sayin.

2 Likes