Emote Anims - Just sitting here enjoying the view

Hiya all,

so while the team is busy or on holiday over the xmas spell… I’m enjoying doing the first of the character animated emotes that I’d like to share. Here’s a little animated gif of the ambient sitting down on the floor anims for the playable character (working on my test build). It’s split into 3 sections so that if you want to sit longer - the middle part of the anim will loop for as long as you fancy taking a rest from all that building. :slight_smile:

32 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Good job, can’t wait to see them in-game!

I love it!

The hop to get up is awesome

1 Like

looks so damn awesome o.o

His head turned too quick, i legit got scared, like look into his beady little eyes of death like HEY WHERE U BEEN IVE BEEN JUST SITTING HERE YOU ■■■■! PREPARE TO DIE!

but seriously good work yo, can we get a laying down/ arms behind back animate?

2 Likes

Love it! Looks awesome. :blush:

Are there going to be separate animations for each race/ gender?

1 Like

I don’t really see a need for making seperate animations if their bodies are not way different. So for other genders at least it seems like a waste of time.

Also can we suggest animations? Cause everybody needs a dance animation :slight_smile:

2 Likes
1 Like

Maybe to separate the different races even more?

I think ESO got pretty much everything covered in regards to emotes: Link

1 Like

Different races will hopefully be distinktive enough that new emotes feels necesary to add because them acting the same way as the other races feels unatural.

Shh I know :slight_smile:

Suggesting new emotes just felt natural. (ALSO DANCE EMOTES)

1 Like

I personally would like to see a slightly altered version of this which is just a cross legged meditation mode
which is why i thought it was at first.

2 Likes

Look for guild wars 1 dance Videos … There are many of them out there cuz the dances were just the best ^^

But yes, we need to dance! … And not only some jumping in the ground but at least a some seconds loop so that it is a dance and no Joke ^^

I actually posted this on @Zouls topic ^.^

1 Like

That was gw2, which were nice, but Boeing compared compared to those of gw1. … Here is one of the dance videos of a german guild …

The also had emotes for instruments (drums, guitar and flute) so you could do a lot of fun with them ^^

2 Likes

i love the taichi dancing at 1:20

The monks (both male and female) had such Asian style dances … I also loved them the most ^^

Oh wow - lots of response over the weekend! :smiley:
Yes, absolutely - feel free to suggest any dance you like. I won’t do the primary dance emote for the cat race until later in the new year, so I’ll have a look here for inspiration for when the time comes.
Today I’m working on the Salute - Show of Respect Emote. You all would have seen that we had a first version in the trailer, now I’m re-working it to be suitable for in-game animations. (ie - making sure we always go back to an idle pose to avoid unnecessary popping etc)

1 Like