End game

Don’t do this.

2 Likes

But please don’t let comments like this stop you from saying what you would like to get from the game.

If you have ideas of what end game content, as you put it, you would like to see then tell us, that’s what the forums are for, in part at least.

And I’m fairly certain that the devs are interested in what people would like to see from their game, as mentioned it may not line up with their goals, but that’s OK too!

3 Likes

No endgame content unless you think you’ll enjoy farming. No word on activities other than meteors and holiday events. I wouldn’t be ready for endgame lol, I have no direction to my daily game time.

1 Like

I think in a sandbox MMO (or just MMOs in general) the end game is something that keeps getting pushed back further and further. Even the end game for themepark MMOs like WoW get pushed back further and further. It’s just a natural course of action to keep updating the MMO and give players a motivation or goal to reach and achieve. The issue with Boundless is that progression from early to end game is so bumpy and at some points straight painful to go through if you don’t have shops or a portal network to speed things up. The less smooth it is the higher chance of burn out.

The other thing is the game will continue to grow in size (number of worlds, blocks, items to craft, etc) as time goes on. The end game will continue to evolve as the developers find solutions to things that allow them to implement things they previously weren’t able to. An example of that might be a carbon copy of Redstone Logic mechanics from Minecraft even though it probably would be do-able and easy to implement a dumbed down version of it through having Spark powered pre-fab devices, like powered doors or lights or batteries or anything else you could use with an energy source that makes since for this game.

I’ll be perfectly honest, there was some sort of competitive end game element in this game it would retain players a lot better. But even if we assume that’s true it takes a few steps to lay the foundation for those certain pieces of competitive end game content to be worth implementing.

Competitive Titan raids? Who can clear a certain Titan faster than everyone else? Same for dungeons. Who can make the most difficult dungeon or clear the most difficult dungeon the fastest? Doesn’t matter what the end game is so long as people find it enable and fun and have plenty of options to choose from. They’ll keep playing through it.

I’m full of good ideas of what the end game COULD be, take your pick and eat your heart out, there’s tons of good options, we just need SOMETHING!

Building is fun, but I’m a function > form guy. Am I wrong? No. You might be a form > function guy, are you wrong? No. We’re equally right to build how we wish. I was Viceroy of Seginiakai from like day 5 of this game and though technically one of my guildmates owns it now, I could have it again in a heartbeat. Did I mention I’m also level 130 something despite not playing for two months?

All this to say: My building desires are satisfied. That’s not an end game goal for me to reach anymore. Again, am I wrong? No. Can you build forever and never need another motivation? Sure, if that’s your thing. It just isn’t mine.

Since I’m 100% certain someone is going to ask WHAT suggestions I’ve made in the past instead of looking them up, I’ll list a few:

• Dungeons - Ideally, these should be in the form of a temporary portal that gets opened to a small world with some pregenerated structures (seriously, you have an insanely talented playerbase, give us a competition to make some dungeon structures for you @james !!) that has lots of monsters and maybe even some puzzles or hidden areas, and the goal is to defeat an oversized, beefy as heck monster that will drop some special dungeon only crafting material for some new decorative block that looks really dang cool, or is used in high end forging, weaponcrafting, etc
  • Titans - This is a boundless dev idea that we’re all looking forward to, if we had it, it would be excellent. It doesn’t count as my idea, obviously, but its an end game option. I don’t need credit for anything, I just want something else to do, and this would be great.
  • Some form of player based progression system that is based on our actions instead of arbitrary skill points. Example: Monster based power ups. Perhaps you can tie this into the feats system somewhat, where you gain some kind of benefit from having killed a ton of a type of monster, essentially mastering their combat style… perhaps enough wildstock killed gives knockback resistance, spitters give a chance to shoot extra projectiles from your slingbow, hoppers give bonus bomb radius, roadrunners give a run speed boost, etc etc. This can get way deeper by giving us some kind of progression based on the game’s elements too. Perhaps killing enough Blast creatures naturally makes me more resistant to blast but weak to toxic, or something along those lines. This can be taken in totally different directions, but this is one example that would do
  • Meteorite bosses - think of this as ‘dungeon lite’ in that you can just tack on something to the existing system to add some flavor that might encourage more players to hunt exotic monsters. The idea is you add in a final, uber monster, bigger and nastier than the monsters before (this would spawn in the final wave of a meteorite encounter, probably only on higher tier worlds?) - the reason this could make it interesting: Give the boss some very special, rare loot! Maybe even some random rolled gear type stuff, a la action rpg’s like diablo… which leads to the next suggestion…
  • “Rare” gear - This is specially modded gear (slingbows, bombs, grapples, tools, etc) - that have exclusive mods that are prebuilt and ONLY obtainable via these boss monsters. Perhaps a slingbow that penetrates more elemental resistance than normal, a bomb with no block damage (I’ve only suggested this one 500000 times so far, so forgive the repetition), a tool that has a ‘multi tool’ mod that makes it effective against an extra type (think a hammer that also works like an axe, etc). These tools could then be Centraforged to be really, really cool, and their rarity would make them something to chase after and barter for
  • Armor - Dude, where’s my pants? Make “rare” armor too, fitting in with the above suggestion. These don’t HAVE to come from a boss monster, you can make it craftable from some really rare material, whatever, but something HARD to get but really worthwhile

I could probably come up with more ideas… Airships with costly fuel consumption, artifacts of immense power that change a planet’s atmosphere color that only a Viceroy can control, did I mention that I’m still not wearing pants? Pants. Cmon, seriously. Unlockable alternate races for my characters, unlockable special tool/weapon skins to look bamf.

You get my point, I think. We need something to CHASE!

Give me a way to compress 500 refined diamonds into an infinity diamond that crafts a next-level stupid strong weapon so I can feel amazingly OP… :smiley:

PvP? Idk - this is a bonus, take it how you will.

I hope the devs do at some point respond, at least tell us you hear the need for this and you’re looking into it? I’d love to offer ideas, I’d even organize the players to create a dungeon for you, with rewards from my own collection (goodness knows I need some reason to give away money and loot…)

I hope this is received the right way - I’m not whining, I’m just looking to keep playing, and all I want is a reason

6 Likes

I think devs respond already,

I wanted to just pop in and say this, because it deserves to be said but I don’t wanna make another thread just for it…

This game has an amazing premise with the portal system and building/chisel system. The foundation of the multiple varied worlds (maybe not quite varied enough still, but the beauty is that new worlds with more variations can be added later to spice it up! But I digress…) and the progression of difficulty from one world to the next is really genius stuff.

I wanna tell @james and the rest of the team… the reason I’m maybe being a little bit of a pain in the butt about this end game thing is that I believe with just a bit more end game (and pants, seriously guys, pants…) this game could be one of the next GREAT games. I bought the game 6 months or so ago and darn it, its got the most incredible potential… that just isn’t being realized yet.

I’m like, torn between running away and blocking my connections to this game for 3-4 months and praying that end game comes by then - or trying to help the devs by any means necessary to get the job done and in game because I want to see them succeed so badly!

1 Like

I think we need to wait until next year and come back for the thing we want lol.
They need times to develop the new contents i think.
I am leaving as well, hope this game is getting better and better :slight_smile:

I wouldnt say that. The game forces you to kill things To build things. Cant make mosaic blocks without creature parts. Cant make forged tools without monster drops. Cant make glue without bones, etc

Yeah just make a different way to make those items.

One thing that does suck for me, I know, is that I played the game hard and worked my tail off at the economy for so long that now, I have everything I could want…

And I know that does make me somewhat of an outlier for the normal population of the game, and my opinions are maybe skewed by that… IDK what I can do about that though lol

Give me all your coin and stuff and start back at 0 lol

Lolz the thought has occasionally occurred to me but I don’t find repeating what I’ve done already to be much of an accomplishment now

Let me destroy all the building so you can rebuild them? Lol

Lol I don’t like building that much either.

Though I did finally see a screenshot of someone with a power coil setup slightly superior to mine that I must admit does make me wanna redesign my base… just a little :slight_smile:

Don’t give it to a filthy rich miner boy! Give it to a poor shop keeper who can barely stay afloat!

(on food alone, hence the brews and forgery shop, :joy: Am actually doing quite alright, out of curiosity how much coin do you have? and the better question: how many exo yams you have in storage, hmm, hmm? LOL)

He is one of the richest player during the Sept to Nov i think. :grin:
I am not sure merlin and him which one is richer. But i think they do have a lot of money in stock XD

His city Anvil still one of the large city in US West server, just now not very active at the moment.

I used to be filthy, filthy rich lol. I had around 25 million at the apex of my wealth in November

I’m no where near that level of wealth coin wise now, I have around 4 million

Hard to quantify the value of my stores of items, I have a large quantity of just about everything saved for a rainy day… but items are worth less than they were when I bought them so that’s a net loss. Still, I have probably 10k compact gems at least still, has to be worth something

Pretty sure Merlin had more than I did

He had around 20m as well i think, this what he told me couple months ago.
He leave the game as well, so i am not sure how much money he had at the end XD