Et tu, Brute?

This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people, started posting here not knowing what it was, and they’ll continue posting here forever just because this is the thread that never ends…
I miss Lambchop.

6 Likes

I heard that if you make a thread that goes on for a whole month straight, everyone that participates get free rare-gleam gifts from the devs.

9 Likes

Spit out my coffee…

2 Likes

trying to google what ya mean but got more confused
:joy:

2 Likes

oh god :joy:

2 Likes

As promised. Feedback and comments requested…

11 Likes

We all do Creegle, we all do :disappointed:

2 Likes

I mean in my friendly/nusance of a prestige bout I did so with only 12 plots while the other party had a vastly larger amount. It is not how many plots you have, it is how you use them. Please plot responsibly.

2 Likes

To be honest I am not trying to top anyone, I just like building…

Not sure if you were trying to be mean, however if you dislike my buildings because there is some competitive feel for it, I’d like to point out that I love ‘amazing’ people and have been since minecraft. I love seeing where my hard work ends up, and what it looks like.

I dont really understand whats going on with moebius (as I’ve been pretty solidary on vulpto), however I’ve built designs for him and helped him get ideas for his plaza, I go on hunts and gather and love hanging out with everyone here. So I dont particularly understand, are you saying my intentions are malicious because I am trying to top everyone with my specific building style?

My boat is a solid 100k prestige I do not get money from it (Obviously it’s not alot), nor do I ‘stay alive’ with the few people who actually visit as everyone hates vulpto. Asides from Bunky I am alone most of the time, and its really lonely and the very few moments of the day I am hunting with people or in discord with people are the only times I actually get to talk to people on the server and am allowed to get excited over things in Boundless with.

Asides from building for myself or for fun in some silly competition (in which I have 0 experience making homes but I wanted practice on doing my very best), I am useless.

So why is there an issue with the only thing I do have? I may have misunderstood the intent of your reply but I am not going to build any less or more than I normally do and have done for years. I apologize if it came off as ‘competitive’ and will be more than happy to remove all portals to my buildings if it makes me seem a little less “seeking to top someone else.”

I am just a little hurt to be actively called out on something in a tone that implies I’ve done something wrong or shameful in a game that promotes competitive economy, and buildings alike with the city/capital system they implemented. (in which every single one of my builds contributes to 7-9% of vulpto’s capital alone and that is with 2k plots.) I am just saying.

4 Likes

It was a complement. I think your one of the top builders in the game. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Alright, I was panicking there because I thought I did something wrong T^T Thank you for clarifying!

4 Likes

Dated yourself hehe

2 Likes

You got it.

1. Real money micro-transactions can be used to buy plots.

2. The number of plots a player has at their disposal effects the the amount of money that can make, as well as the amount of prestige they can amass.

3. This constituents a game changing mechanic that be be purchased with real money.

4. You have built a Pay 2 Win mechanic.

5. Any reward for a specific type of play that benefits that type of play, that can also be purchased through real money would also constituent pay 2 win.

6. These types of mechanics will adversely affect the size of the player base, as well as the reputation of the game.

1 Like

I think that buying plots is no more pay to win than buying accounts. With minimal effort you can get a decent number of plots on each character then go buy a new account. Sure you can’t have all your prestige on the same character, but you can have it all in the same town which, lets be honest, is what you would really go for if you wanted to “win”.

6 Likes

Also, why did you make all this stuff up and portray it as fact?

2 Likes

It wasn’t made up. On the patch on Friday they removed the files containing the code from the resting server.

So someone got banned for hacking a boundless server?

1 Like

@Karko Why didn’t you just download the files for proof?

1 Like

How can it help with money? They also said footfall wouldn’t depend on beacon size:

Additionally, prestige is worked out using percentages or ratios, meaning that a building with more blocks wont necessarily have more prestige with a smaller building, depending on the block types and tints used, meaning that what prestige really depends on is having interesting blocks, shapes and colours, all of which have no real world money linked to them.
There are all sorts of limits to how much of a prestige bonus you can get, including how much of a bonus you can get purely based on size.
Having more plots alone will not translate to having more prestige, just as having more plots wont amount to increased footfall.

problem solved then? :pray:
maybe you disagree with me about this (probably), if so please explain why you think buying plots would be incredibly beneficial and become p2w, because I don’t feel like it will be.
Also, I feel like I should bring up the point (again) that people have all sorts of different amounts of plots already whether from tiers or just playing the game more often, and I don’t think there are many issues right now with the plots being overpowered.

EDIT: additionally, most of us haven’t used half of our plots, let alone are being limited by our amount of plots. Therefore I can’t really see how much would change for the majority of people if we were able to buy plots, as most of us have no need to.

4 Likes

My original intention was to just walk after what I saw. When I went back to take screenshots to post them as the comments escalated. I found that it had been removed.