Et tu, Brute?

It’s a contributor to that, but how significant is the number of plots towards a player’s income?

A base account gets what? 500-1000 plots today over the course of leveling (I’m assuming we’ll have a similar order of magnitude at release). Similarly, there are a good number of compact builds out there that are high prestige and (presumably) high footfall—as an example that number of plots isn’t a requirement, nor does it necessarily make it easier. It certainly encourages us to make more compact builds; but honestly I like that.

I’d expect that the vast majority of the effort spent on builds is obtaining/shaping the blocks, and that plot gain is a very minor part of that effort. (and the base number of plots doesn’t prevent someone from having multiple high-prestige builds)

It feels like a pretty minor concession, to me, but I admit I haven’t tried to think through the long term consequences too hard yet

The rest of the things you outlined are super concerning; and I’m glad they’re not part of @james’ proposal

2 Likes

Or maybe it was removed because it wasn’t meant to be seen in the first place because it was a placeholder simply meant to get the overall structure for the mechanic, design and UI ready? IDK, just a hunch…

3 Likes

We have not removed any elements with regards to monetisation. What we had planned is what we have communicated for comment and feedback.

I suspect that @karko Has mixed together features of the Status Effect, Attribute and Forging systems and made assumptions that they’re part of the monetisation items. These gameplay systems use language and terms such as a Defense Bundles and Combat Multipliers and Boost Stats for durations, etc etc. Sounds like p2w if only they were actually purchasable - but they’re not.

There are no Loot Crates from the perspective of chance. There are Reward Crates (as described in my post) that we use to reward Feats, Objectives, Leveling and buy Cubits, etc.

Any prices found in the development assets would have been placeholders added to test the GUI code, because the prices always come directly from the platform stores (Steam and PSN) as they deal with currency localisation.

No clue where the rest comes from.

This reads like someone scanning through asset strings, not knowing how they’re actually applied and assuming the very worst.

24 Likes

Nice of you to say “reads like” when we all know what happened :joy:

4 Likes

awesome. thnx James. this entire thread could be deleted now lol.

4 Likes

awesome cant wait :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would be a mistake to delete this thread. It would imply that nothing was learned and nothing was gained.

9 Likes

commonly known as meteorites :wink:

8 Likes

I believe you get the award for best reply of the day @boundmore :rofl:

3 Likes

@Havok40k I was hoping others would see a humorous rhetorical comment simply leading to the idea of it’s all handled nicely and now it’s done. I know it would not be deleted, nor would want it to.

3 Likes

Ah, I suppose the mood of this thread soured my attitude to srs bsns only. My bad!

2 Likes

Well this is fun. Let’s do it again shall we?

2 Likes

No. Plz no.

4 Likes

Is Boundless becoming Pay2Win? What we found in the code will SHOCK you!

6 Likes

WHAT?!?!?! rise the pitchfork :rainbow: :poop: :cloud_with_lightning:

3 Likes

Hehe people seem adamant to add them forks to the game

8 Likes

Micro-tran pitchforks :rofl:. Irony top score!

6 Likes

Don’t worry folks, you’ll be able to re-spec your gem tools into pitchforks with the coming Forge.

Maybe.

5 Likes

boundless pitchforks have only 2spikes they extreme dangerous
i keep poking myself with their 2spike forks :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Not only irony, any base metal should work. Coppery forks anyone? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes