Et tu, Brute?

Well there shouldn’t be any paid advantages in a game that doesn’t really merit any of it. This isn’t your typical MMO.

If I can spend $5 on a new character skin or $15 on a character skin bundle pack, then you bet I would pick it up.

When they start charging people for additional inventory slots, extra plots, skill points, little stat boosts, item packs, etc. is where they will start losing faith from the player base and kill their own game. If they don’t see that is pretty much 100% going to happen if they do that, then they aren’t as aware of what their own community is accepting of than any of us think.

That will be an extremely disappointing day. I still would like to know what Karko thinks is an unethical monetization for the game.

1 Like

I’d be happy to pay for extra land plots, because I’m into building and I don’t have too much time to spend on leveling/gaining stuff. I’d also pay for building materials too.

2 Likes

If people want to spend money to boost ahead of everyone so be it, heck if anything it means more resources for us to mine xD

5 Likes

You, my friend, have won the Positivity Award!

4 Likes

They aren’t charging people…they are offering a boost so people who have already done a ton of stuff in early access don’t have to do it all over again. I personally will do everything again by hand because of my passion for this game. Losing faith in a game for offering players a faster way to unlock everything is rediculous. How does that bother you? If it has to do with plots, the world’s are huge! We will even be getting new worlds we won’t be on our currents ones when the game releases.

2 Likes

It isn’t about me. It’s about how the community would react to it.

This isn’t about unlocking stuff. This is about somebody paying $10 to buy 500 Rough Diamonds because well that’s in an item shop and it would save them 5-7 hours of mining time.

Same goes for plots. That could very easily upset a lot of people.

It’s about an advantage being bought. That’s the whole assumption others in the discussion have made regarding what Karko is quitting the game over. Because the in game sign he made mentions something about unethical monetization.

1 Like

How is it an advantage over others??? Paying for stuff like oort stone defeats the purpose anyways. No fun in that, but hey, maybe someone doesn’t have alot of time to play but wants to build a fortress. It’s nobody’s business.

Pretty sure there won’t be a pay2win scenario.

1 Like

Woah now! Some people might think that statement is true. Just to clarify it isn’t!

15 Likes

Thank you Luke. I can’t stand this thread it is oozing with volitility and sarcasm. Not a good example of how ‘amazing’ our community is. Simoyd I am looking right at you.

4 Likes

As already mentioned James is going to do a deeper thread explaining more. As mentioned there are plenty of other examples of games that host their own servers, which isn’t free, and players can optionally support the developers with the server cost without changing the gameplay aka P2W.

13 Likes

people notice something, make assumptions and some of them panic…

their loss

4 Likes

I get the impression that most people can see that I’m joking by the 6+ likes on each of 3 of my posts in this thread (6 being more than any single other post in this thread), not that I’m farming for likes, but based on Luke’s reaction I think Karko’s post is even more ridiculous. If Luke says “Whoa now!” to pendragon’s list, I’m pretty confident that they’ll be putting together that is more than acceptable to almost everyone, as it is certainly in their best interested to do so from many perspectives.

This thread on the other hand is definitely just toxic XD.

2 Likes

My point with you is that if tensions are already high, then it is in bad taste to elevate the conversation by focusing on the ‘drama’ and subsequently stirring the pot by sowing seeds of confusion. It is all very unnecessary and unhelpful. The player that quit shouldn’t have to defend his or her stance, this was his/her perogative and dismissing that discounts their feelings. I hate it that the player left upset. This thread comments were obtuse from the start. It is all conjecture until the devs speak so what are we really adding here other than horde attack behavior.

6 Likes

I can not say or this thread will be deleted as others have already attempted.

The point of the thread is to show my objection to what has been built. There is difference between carefully though out protest and toxicity. The photographs are to communicate the intensity of the reaction to what I saw. You will all get to see it in time too. When you do you will go oh that is why that guy left.

This thread is meant to be a record of why I left for the many that know me, and those that come back looking for me in the future. I choose my words carefully.

2 Likes

Are you going off of the strings, or did you dig further? From looking at the strings, It’s not clear to me that all of those are purchasable—some are clearly from leveling and other sources.

Probably should wait for the blog post to get a better understanding.

bahahahahhahahahahah. ur hilarious brah.

btw: Can I have your stuff?

1 Like

It has already been handed out.

5 Likes

I really think it’s worth waiting for @james to expand more in the other thread.

7 Likes

You gotta stick around tho I guess and keep reading this thread right? That’s important!