Et tu, Brute?

So we cause drama then ask for handouts… haha classic…

3 Likes

Stop trying to get a reaction.

1 Like

Everything that has been developed in Boundless so far is great. The devs have shown true care for the game and are creating something wonderful. Based on all the facts we have a game here that can entertain us for a decade. And yet - over the months I have kept up with the forums - some people somehow still jump to negative conclusions whenever given the chance.

If you have liked the game so far @karko I recommend that you keep monitoring the forums and new patches - I think you’ll find that it does not disappoint with the direction that it moves in as the devs have always listened to the community.

11 Likes

Is that not what this thread is for? I can’t conceive of any other reason for it’s existence.

3 Likes

karko you are a master 100procent more beacon claim then me
i also disslike it when people get more cause they got more cash but i can live with it
it been like that since we exist and its never gonna change
im a explorer at moment and dont feel that this would change anything
i got loads off plots and cash and items and the reward is bigger then when i just had bought the stuff seems a real bore to me if i just can get the stuff for no work
but both types off players can coexist if the devs do it wright
also why do you have this info i dont have it and neither should you
just wait untill devs explain it
the devs are not unpaid volunteers off the church off goodgames lol
please corect me if i say something weird here
not the best explainer

6 Likes

Did you see the developers reply though? I think everything will be fine, just wait to see what James says ;D This game is way to amazing to quit over others not liking that others can buy something. If they have a steady money stream they can build the game larger and larger. Imagine getting everything you can out of the new set of world’s. During that time they can keep designing new things to do and to enjoy. A group of people jumping ahead of the line while supporting a game shouldnt be a problem . If you want to build in a certain place someone else is, ask for permission. Everyone I have met so far has been ready and willing to work together! I’m not saying share plots, unless you trust the person. Ask for an area to put your own, building a community is the best part!

4 Likes

I can’t speak for Karko, but the reason I invested at this level was not for the rewards. Rather, it is because I am really impressed with the game, tech, and devs—and I want to see this game succeed.

11 Likes

just changed it to disslike hate is to strong to ever use lol
its kinda pay to win if it grants more plots (prestige is competiton) but i can see your point to
im also guilty wonna go wayfarer :slight_smile:
and also dont need extra plots lol

I’ll say again, I really don’t think this will be pay2win folks. Always worth raising concerns, but having done so, let’s at least give the devs a chance to add some context, present potential ideas, and ask for feedback.

1 Like

When the pre-alpha first launched you could only get access to the world builder if you were a master. I spent $1000 dollars so I could create worlds for one of the most amazing game ideas I have ever seen. I wanted to help build and grow the game. My worlds were put online in the game and we got to play on them!

In the past I have expressed opposition to any founder benefits that effected game play. If it were up to me we would remove the founder bonuses on plots.

3 Likes

If you were in control, how would you go about making enough money to continue maintenance and development of the game for a long time?

2 Likes

Honestly I do find it a bit odd how the plot system works. It’s an incentive, it’s basically a huge thank you. I think it’s a buddy system, with great plots come great responsibility. We have to think about others when we claim land.

At times I have wished my plots were smaller, maybe if they gave us control over the size as in shrinking it only? When I made a mine portal I felt bad because my plot extended up so high. Luckily I was able to get ahold of a person who owned a nearby portal and he set my portal blocks there for me and his plot was lower.

The same way James said it would. There are too many important post from James and Ben to quote them. Read the thread.

2 Likes

Went off strings and the prototype GUI. Emphasis on PROTOTYPE!! not all of those are purchasable by the looks of things, some strings are just there to give amounts for skillpoints and xp, not to buy them.
@Karko did you go digging yourself? Or are you just going off what I said? If so, I do sorts think you are overreacting a bit :confused:

2 Likes

No, my reaction is not based on the screenshots you posted.

So I read every post by a dev in that thread and they only ever elude to some vague form of income down the road. Can you maybe elaborate, even just at a high level, on your perception of the way James said it would?

The plan was hosting would bank roll the game.

I said in the past if hosting was insufficient go to flat rate sub.

Also, there is nothing vague about the following statement.

4 Likes

But what is it that you found that you think is pay to win? Or is that not what you were saying?

1 Like

I mean he says there’s no P2W purchases. That doesn’t mean there’s no micro-transactions. So are you saying you would do micro-transactions too if you were in control?

EDIT FOR REFERENCE
Karko deleted his post below this one claiming that someone was banned for posting some information. No evidence was provided.

1 Like

Information on what? Banned for what? Posting info on this?