Farm Lighting Question

I did a bit of searching and I saw people mention you can put farms underground. I know about kindling, combustion and goo, but I was mostly wondering about the other farms such as yams, kranuts, starberries, wheat, rice, etc.

I know light affects grow time and was wondering if I could possibly stack farms on top of each other without affecting growth times. I assume I’d could measure it with the debug and see if it shows a growth percentage.

Anyone have any insight into this?

Yeah you can, be aware though, different gleam colors have different growth times :slight_smile: ( and yes you can see that in the debug panel )

and like you, ended up with white gleam as well, to not delay more than needed.

2 Likes

Appreciate that. I most likely would just use pure white in hopes of producing the most light for fastest growth.

I can confirm that you can grow things underground. All of this is. I used white gleam. All crops but goo are there.

8 Likes

Perfect thanks for the reply @XxymoxX

1 Like

Also replanting sucks big time so having your organic crops take longer to grow is a great way to maintain sanity :slight_smile: Starve them of light so you can see the light.

Chances are, they’ll still be ready before you come back to harvest.

3 Likes

/snip

Must just be gleam lanterns. Sorry no farmer here :blush:

:exploding_head: :dizzy_face:

So… white is the best I guess? What would lanterns do then? Like non gleam ones, do they even count?

nope :slight_smile: or pretty sure they don’t. See the debug panel, there are 2 values, either sun or gleam :slight_smile:
(different values between Raw Gleam, Refined Gleam, Decorative gleam lanterns and so on )

was referring to the screenshot up top :slight_smile: but yeah

1 Like

Alright :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This I at least know where to get:

Here’s a luminance chart of gleam, gleam lanterns, and poles and stuff.

There’s more info there in the thread.

3 Likes

Learned this from kindling I have a rather large kindling farm that actually puts me to sleep when replanting it. Literally makes me sleepy. Oddest thing.

3 Likes

This is great @Nightstar thanks!

1 Like

I don’t understand this.

This corner is at Crop: 25% Seed: 104%

The middle is at Crop: 40% Seed: 110%

The other corner is at Crop: 75% Seed: 108%

What am I missing here?

I think you can fix that by changing the end of your row.

the left corner is seeing more iron than the right.

1 Like

Ideally I want them all to be max seed as in Crop: 40% Seed: 110%

I’ll look at it a little more

1 Like

Muhahah!! 1% off on one corner…grr.

1 Like

You might actually go past the corner if you want it perfect.

I’ve only done this a few years ago for inorganics but yeah, it’s a pain.

2 Likes

Yea perfection isn’t a biggie if a few are off no biggie.

1 Like

Checked the setup at Farm School and it appears to be the same way.