Farm remodelling

I’m currently trying to change my farm a little, to make better use of space.

I’ve got the yams (at front) how I want them.

There used to be starberries above, but those needed changed, and I’m struggling to find the most efficient setup.

I’ll be going for a look at the Farming Guide - in game: Farm School shortly, but I think my set up already differs, and wondered if anyone had come up with any bright ideas for getting the most berries while maintaining seed level, with efficient spacing!

3 Likes

Plain berries work fine in straight rows of folliage alternating. So a row of foliage x long, a row of air, another row of foliage. It gives like 102% seed iirc, not sure of yield, but it’s very straight forward to plant and harvest. Pun.

Yeah, I had them with 2 rows gap, tried with one and though this kept the the seed return over 100% (great) it did drop the crop yield a bit.

But I guess squeezing more vines in is better than a slightly higher crop yield!

1 Like

I am using this setup pretty much, its 60% 100%+ on the juciy the others are easy.
Best for juicy imo, same with kindling btw, rather have some crop yield drop instead of replanting.
Sustainable farming is bestest for those two plants.

1 Like

This is my juicy:

It gives 60/102 also, but looks like this set up gets more plants into the same area.

Its just foliage, space, thorns, space, foliage, space, etc.

Easier to see from above:

It works for glossy too.

I just wondered if there were any clever ideas for standard berries (I use a lot for starberry pies, best food in game!)

These farms are each about the size of all my farms combined. Dang.

1 Like

I use this layout for Starberries. Grouped by three for simple harvest with “horizontal” axe.
Notice that there are two spaces in the middle. There are no influencing blocks.

I do not recall the values on crop return exactly, guessing around 180%, but I am getting 100% seeds back.

1 Like