Farming goo

If you can… if not its all good… just wanted to see how you did the lava up above

Pretty simple the lava is one top row. that lava falls down to a chiseled block to stop the lava.

1 Like

awesome… thank you. much appreciated. I’ve seen single sponge rows but never double :slight_smile:

the middle row of the three have a little less % I use it for white and black if I have any. Just the stuff I dont care if the % is less.

i see. thank you once again for the info :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t you get pigments from gleam. I’ve been collecting gleam, I’m so confused. Please explain .

1 Like

Yes you can, but the crop percentage is higher on rock and much higher on sponge.

Use gleam to mutate your goo and then plant on rock or sponge to harvest pigments. Or you can plant on gleam if you wish to prevent it from mutating randomly.

The joy of goo farming is that there any many ways to go about it and each have their pros and cons.

So do you grow on sponge to get the most pigments

Sponge = best for highest pigment drops
Rock = best for both
Gleam = best for kernel drops & color mutating

1 Like

Sponge will give you the most pigment per harvest. But in the long run planting on rock will give you more pigments per goo kernel as the seed percentage on sponge is very low.

Sponge is good for getting alot of pigments fast, but it is very destructive to your seed collection.

Gleam is used to change the color of the goo. Let me find a shot of that area. Yes Goo growing on the sponge in the pictures I have posted. That is my finishing station for pigments.

Here I have planted the goo directly on the gleam.

I get 90% seed with mutation of color. There is a combo of items to get 95% seed. But you will lose the color mutation with gleam. Color mutation with rock gives more random colors.

Does the sponge change the color, or do you get colors you want on rock and gleam then use sponge to get most pigments of each color. Right.

1 Like

Do gleam lanterns give a better result.

the sponge does not change the color but there is always a small % you will lose the color you are working on by like 1 color on the line. Say I am making Red pigments sometime it will change to cherry randomly. Lanterns seem brighter but I do not thing there is much difference.

If you want to go look Orrian portal at hunt hive. Top corner of level 3

1 Like

No they do not, they only speed up growth time.

I plant on lanterns to mutate a lot of seeds very fast in cases where I have abundant amounts of both gleam and the starter colour goo. For example Night Fuchsia kernels which are very common, I plant on Strong Cherry lanterns (exo gleam) with seed optimised (90%) and I am getting about 90% mutate to Shadow Fuchsia and 5% to Shadow Red.

If you use fertilizer on gleam the maturity time reduces to 23 hrs 30 min compared to 1 day 21 hrs on plain gleam unfertilized. The plain gleam seed return is 95% compared to gleam lanterns 90%

1 Like

@wakeNbake I know it’s been awile and some reason ur pics wont load. 80%seed 220pigment do u have a pic for that been trying differnt combinations and cant seem to figure it out. PM me is u like ty

I’m on my phone so no pictures available sorry. For 220/80 I simply plant on rock 3 blocks in width. And I have a channel of lava on both sides that is 2 blocks wide.

Isnt growth better to plant on

You cannot plant on growth. I think you must mean sponge? Sponge gives much higher crop rates but much lower seed. Sponge cannot be planted next to lava as it will burn.

There is no “better” medium to plant on. Each option has a benefit and a drawback, so it really depends on what you want to achieve that will determine the best option for you.

1 Like

I also prefer the 220/80 rock+lava method. I get a ton of pigment and enough seeds to replant over and over.

If you are trying to change the color of your goo, you need to plant it on the gleam of the color you’d like. You can set up different rows for each goal…one for seeds, one for pigments, and one for color changing.
Also, make sure that you have no outside light coming in.