Farming goo

It’s under ground 220/80 3 blocks wide is the lava on top of the rocks?

Mostly going for pigment I get alot of goo.

This the top of my first setup but I didnt get close to any good yields

If I do it like urs

Its 220/80?

left side shows goo growing on the ceiling, in rock…220/80
right side shows what it looks like outside the room, on the top.

Chiseled lava? Hey ty again sry a little slow atm just getting checked so a little loopy lol

Ty for the suggestions guys ima try ur idea in my workspace then see if I can make em to fit my style I’ll surely post screen shots when I get it set up

1 Like

Does the Farming Epic get you to 100% seed? Or does that just work on the crop? I don’t remember.

Only works on crop

2 Likes

So if that is so…is there anyway/setup to get 100% seed and some crop? Hoping that MAYBE someone has figured it out.

Another question. If you get the 100% or more seed and it says 0% crop will the Farming Epic get you the 20% then on the crop?

Im not sure this is possible, though I’m hoping I’m wrong! I feel like 95% seed is the highest but perhaps I’m doing something wrong?

Another question, if I place sponge, and then place rock directly on top with a chiselled top with lava… would that burn the sponge below?
Will try it when I get on, just intrigued how to set up with sponge!

I think you are correct, just hoping I was wrong and perhaps someone figured it out.

1 Like

Here what I did

Heres the top

This setup works for me as I only want pigments and any sprays tara needs. So ty for the info @majorvex and @wakeNbake. Over 1200 at a time

3 Likes

Looks good to me! That gives you 220% crop and 80% seed?

good job just an FYI you can go 3 rocks wide and the numbers will be the same since the the lava will work on a 3 block radius :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah 3 wide on the rocks needs to have strips of lava 2 blocks wide though, I think this way is slightly more space efficient maybe?

The lava block has a 3 block radius so you can do Lava - 3 Rocks - Lava without any issues… I tested it that’s why I can confirm it will work :blush:

1 Like

Its 220 80 and more efficient I can get another 350 with 2 then 3 wide and it works. Since I just collect from exos so a range of pigments

1 Like

Oh really? It’s been a very long time since I played around with the farm layout but I thought with only single block strips of lava the centre kernels only get 170% crop and 80% seed.

I’ll have to have a play around with this myself when I get home, because I am wasting a lot of space in that case.

just try a small area sample when you get home… that is what i did to confirm it works… I just need to fully implement it into my setup when I stop being lazy lol

Ahh I think you’ll find when you try to lay out long sections of this that you wont reach the 220% crop. Each kernel can receive the “near to lava” bonus up to 8 times and with only 1 wide strips you will only be getting this bonus 6 times.

The way @pajew has set up means that each kernel gets 5 bonuses from the closest side and 3 from the other.