Fibrous Leaf - The elusive item as a new player

Inky Plants (no, not Fibrous ones) drop Fibrous Leaves also…about 1 in every five harvests from my experience. As well as Fleshy Leaves and Exotic Earthyams. If you’re roaming the world/s for Yucca, give these a chop too. The extra earthyams are good cheap food to roast, I find.

1 Like

I spent almost an hour gathering surface resources on a high level planet (in an area where there are Yucca plants) and I only got around 50-60 Fibrous Leaves. This is not enough, especially for new players, and it should be adjusted.

2 Likes

@olliepurkiss what confuses me, is that fibrous plants drop fibrous leaves very rarely, less than yucca plants. Is this an issue? If not, maybe the name should be changed.

1 Like

Yes, that’s a naming issue. The “Fibrous” and “Inky” plants were named that way after their drops, but have now been re-purposed as higher-tier plants found on higher-tier worlds (because they look more alien and interesting). The new plants should take up the slack of dropping basic resources on home worlds. We’ve got plans to rename all the plants to be more thematic, but unfortunately Steph, who does the writing for us, is ill today so I can’t find out where we are with that. Expect new names in an upcoming update.

Apologies for the confusion.

19 Likes

Good to know, thanks for the quick reply :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, they’re reducing the Crafting Costs Wooooohoooo xD

1 Like

Thanks all for your replies.

Really nice to see the Devs on these forums and nice and quick (I’m new so don’t know what to expect).

Will be a nice short term fix to the Sackcloth issue although I personally think 2 would be better whilst Copper items still need it. A short term reduction is a lot better than no reduction though so thank you :slight_smile:
Cx

1 Like

I have a feeling that the Forge will repair your Tools… and considering that, the amount is absolutelly fair. But else, yes 2 would be better xD

1 Like

The Forge will enhance your tools in many different ways :wink:

6 Likes

Stretchious please, i’m already hot xDD. If i’m able to add “Scyther” or “Infectious” to a Stone Hammer in the end i will just explode… Actually thinking about this, a “Furious Wood Hammer of Infectious Madness” would be the Solution to all Leafy Problems xD

5 Likes

Axe… FTFY

Edit: Hammer. un-FTFY :slight_smile:

1 Like

But… but i want a Hammer made of Wood, that Furiously Smashes a 5x5 Area while not loosing Durability And no Lumbering Device :frowning:

Edit: Uhhh you Meanie xD

3 Likes

Was thinking today while hunting juicy starberries. They are as difficult to get as them fibrous leaves and here’s the thing - one of the sources of the leaves is foliage, but here’s the problem: foliage on high tier worlds drop all 3 types of starberries and 2 kinds of leaves on top of that. We have enough ordinary starberries on home worlds and such, so why not throw them away from high tier foliage, so their place can be taken by juicy starberries and fibrous leaves (half half).

I gathered nearly 400 foliage today to get 9 juicy starberries and a dozen of fibrous leaves. I also had nearly 50 basic starberries that I didnt need that much if at all. Imagine that amount being distributed between juicy starberries and fibrous leaves. It would only help players going to high tier worlds so not a solution for low level players, but I wanted to hint here that these 2 resources are elusive even further down the progression line (especially juicy starberries, as they don’t have any other drop source).

6 Likes

I also started some Field Experiments with some Financial help from @slyduda kisses and found the best way to get Fibrious now is to get a Diamond Axe and go to Solum (Or other low leel world with Foilag Swamps), find this Swampy Areas where the Ground is made of Foilage and mow it down after throwing some energised risotto… I got about 300 Leaves in 20 Minutes… That was sick…

10 Likes

Oh dang. I’ll have to try this. Great tip.

Does Luck affect surface resource drops as well? That would be nice.

Yes it does, i have max luck and got 300 and my Brother is 2 Levels before max and got 240-260

I also get about 4-5 Leaves per Yuca now

Edit: but empty your Inventory, i also got 4500 Foilage and about 1200 Starberries xD

1 Like

Maybe leaves should only drop one type of starberry per world, not 2-3. That way, you need to learn what worlds to visit for each varients of berry. Or, we have 3 variety of leaves, why not a berry per varient?

5 Likes

was thinking the same a few times - to bind types of leaves with types of berries

4 Likes

Seems most logical to me.

1 Like

I found a good strat for finding yuca! All you need to do is buy your self an atlas and take a fibrous leaf throw it in there and youll be able to find the yuca easily. It works for me like 90% of the time. I average around 20 to 30 leaves every 10 mins.

3 Likes