Fidach's Fuels now open at New Leyden Market (price drop 19/12)

Fidach’s Fuels is the most recent addition to New Leyden Market on Gellis.

Accessible from PS on Lamblis, Gellis Prime, Ultima HQ and Mall, and more!

Head to the east side.

Will be restocking regularly!

Other shops to browse as well, including food, potion and weapons, plus a general goods.

Happy shopping…

Also now trading iron/copper ore or bars for fuels. Please PM for details, or see me in game. I will be at New Alba, just behind New Leyden portals.

Updated with pics and prices.

Thanks to @NerArth for helping with pics (stupid PS4), who also has a store nearby!

1 Like

Coal has dropped so much in price… I’ll quickly change request baskets that were paying much more than your sell prices :slight_smile: and head your way if I run low on supplies

Yeah i just got nervous realising my baskets are set way higher than this and I’m not able to get online- then i remembered a happy gatherer took my coin yesterday. Phew!

Can anyone answer me why people buy only raw coal?

Just wondered, since opening I have only sold raw coal, no compact.

I have a sign up which gives heat amounts for each, even a sign which show cost per heat for each fuel, showing compact hard coal as best value for money, but still only sell loose coal.

Anyone who buys coal like this give me any clues as to why?

Thanks

maybe someone likes having full smart stacks more than good fuel? that IS quite weird

If it was one off I would be thinking, just one guy type thing.

But stands been cleared a few times now and always loose coal.

Can’t work it out.

I think ppl like to compact it themselves, ill buy some compacted if u need to get rid of it tho :wink:

that’s possible, but at 6h+ for compact hard, “like” might be getting into the compulsive zone! lol

Please come on over! :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

Plus spark cost to make, and IF they have power for compact coals

Ok i bought:

• 100 c-soft
  • 49 c-coal
  • 10 c-hard

Hope that lasts you a while

1 Like

Lol, thanks!

Did you see the sign about cost per spark/fuel?

Did it make sense?

Just want to know if it helps.

For me it made sense as im used to make that fuel myself. Think its just that ppl want to buy a stack or so and cant affort

I would guess that the coal price is cheaper than the compacted.

Let’s figure it out.

1 Hard coal provides 15,000 spark

Compact Hard coal mass craft at your cost of 40c each (not including spark) is 360 x 40 =14400c

Factor in Spark cost at 0.02 each x 22,904 (the amount of spark it takes me to mass craft the hard coal with a few advanced coils) = 458c for the mass craft. *note, I had decimals at 2 places, so the spark cost might be off but gives a rough idea).

Total cost for me to mass craft hard coal is 297c each when buying hard coal at 40c.

Let me know if my math is wrong or if I’ve missed something… but if you’re selling compact hard coal at 500c, is the extra 200c I would pay worth the hassle of a mass craft and wear and tear etc? Judging by the small sales, I would guess not.

Hmmmm, I was looking at it from the other way.

Compact hard coal 500 for 15000 spark = 0.0333/spark
Hard coal 40 for 800 spark = 0.05/spark

However, like you say 360x40 is 14400 for (50*15000) spark = 0.0186/spark, if you mass craft. (not including spark cost)

So either coal prices need to go up by 10-15% or compact come down by 10-15%.

Need to think about this.

Thanks, I didn’t really factor in the mass craft buyer properly.

Well, your coal prices are great, so perhaps test them a little higher and bring down the price of the compact coals to be comparable with mass craft figures. All the best with it :slight_smile:

Cheers :+1:

I used to sell the compacted hard coal at Fidach’s price aswell and didnt had trouble, think he needs to give it some time.
Once ppl get to know the location they will return.

Mats are so easy to get now I think most people compact themselves. I can easily have a smart stack of hard and medium coal after a diamond or emerald run.