First attempts at rift forging!

It does seem so far, that bows and grapples are the best use of rift.

Gonna test them out shortly on a t7.

I’m not convinced that a rift hammer is all that better than a diamond, when you balance out pies and brews. And the energy drain is off-putting!

I’ve not experimented with boon boost yet (unfortunate limitation of ps4, no forge testing, but I could go on for ages about that!).

Will need to have a look into it.

I do tend to decide what I want before hand and try to target, but I’m always keen to hear/try different methods.

Yeah on ps4 too. Used boon boost on totem forging before. It sucks no testing. Have wasted my fair share of compounds figuring out forging.

I was using an AOE titanium with max damage and a mega strength brew on Gotho. With max mining spec I could 1 shot rock.

2 Likes

Earlier today I went out with my +50 action 3x3 saph hammers with a strength brew and with 2 of those rift hammers I posted above. Let’s just say the rift hammer is still at 90% durability 'cos I switched to the saph hammers pretty darn quickly!

such a waste for a pretty hammer!

1 Like

This is my latest attempt at a sling:

I’m going to post a step by step of how I forged it, will link it here when I’m done!

3 Likes

Forged this on my 2nd try, without paste stacking at all. Exactly the same method as gem tools, just a stronger boon. Doubt it would have been more than 3k worth of forge mats.

Not sure where you got your info (or why youre so angry about it), but youre wrong.

6 Likes

How much are you selling them for? I seen forged ones going for 50, so i am not sure how much for regular. 10? 15?

Decided to make some Rift Hammers.

Max Damage, AOE and Magnet ( I prefer to keep Magnet on my hammers ). I also decided to just accept Quirks via draining boon. I used Quirk Transmute to ensure they wouldn’t really be that annoying (no wonkytrigger/jumping/night-day ones)

This hammer would be perfect to me, but I accidently got confused on the Nutri challenge one and thought it was the ‘easier to use when well fed’ version, not the works when hungry version. My mistake! But with these big hammers…4 more energy cost LOL less then a 10% impact.

Using the Quirk Boon allowed me to fill up the other options too. Probably use this on my slingbows too to ensure they get maxed.

The energy drain scares me away from using rift for hammers. But I would love to hear about results when testing this hammer.

It should be better then diamond.

2 Hits with a Diamond on T7 is 72 Energy
1 Hit with this is 72 Energy

This should 1 hit the sand/gravel too. So it should be a net save on energy and I can use a fast brew. We will see!

1 Like

I’ve been wondering if energy brew would have a use for this as well.

After further testing the rift tools I actually think they did a good job with the forge balance. Only wish is the energy drain would be lower on hammers. Overall the process keeps you on your toes and makes it interesting and entertaining for the most part. Well done devs

3 Likes

1 hit with diamond on a strength brew

Only rocks, not sand/gravel

Debstep forged these, she’s working on my set now.

I don’t forge but I’m told this was expensive. Totally worth it.

That’s if you’re trying to waste hammer durability on sand/gravel. From my mining expeditions it seems like most people leave the sand and gravel.

In a normal expedition I would agree. With the planets being limited and it a race to gather what is there I like to quickly move forward and just destroy everything easily. Seeing what is behind that gravel/sand is a weakness of mine haha

Yea don’t think there’s many doing that on the exo planets. At least not in the hot spots I’ve been to. Can’t tell ya how much was left behind. Had two ss of fragments the one time because of how much was left. Lot of rift left too. But I don’t mine in the traditional way it seems. Lot of jump mining going on nowadays

Funny story about that. Not to derail I put a detailed description of my rift selling activities over here:

In the forging/pricing department - debstep made a rank 480 last night and we’re trying for more. I don’t forge but those of you who do can make what you will of this pic:

100k offer wasn’t even tempting.