First Immature person in a while (forever)

looks like bad drawn creeper lol

1 Like

I never build anything like this. Always thought it was a dumb and uncreative troll attempt.

The only thing I did way back in the day of Retail Blockland was having a mod installed that instantly build text with blocks of your choice you entered into a special console.

I always spammed a servers with huge 32x32 or even 64x64 block texts.

1 Like

I disagree. I think the freedom is what makes this game what it is. You can’t restrict one thing without doing another. No, joke, I just got back from visiting the Louvre. Never seen so many naked statues, especially anatomically correct ones, in my entire life. It’s art. Now, if I want to remake any of the statues I saw in the Louvre, what do you think should be done about it???

waitwaitwait

We talkin’ 'bout MY Creepah?

Wait, you gave up on PixelGate? So nobody is, “running” it? I created (and almost finished) a big ol’ structure there in the past few days, and I plan on continuing the road to it and around it so more people can build. I’m hoping this isn’t a, “dead” city. :frowning:

1 Like

That’s the thing, you chose to go there. You knew what you were getting into. I or others didn’t chose what we were getting into when we something misfitting the context of the game.

When you go to watch a kids movies, you expect kid friendly material, and when you get into a mature movie, you expect mature content. that’s just how it goes. Neither of them is good or bad in itself, but respecting its audience should be there. I wouldn’t want my little cousins watching mature content when I show them a kid movie. Same as I don’t want kids and the sort watching things they shouldn’t for their age.

It’s not about what’s artistic and what’s not. It’s about the audience and if the thing shown should be shown to that type of audience.

Claims or total freedom are inconclusive. As free as Boundless is. You don’t have total freedom. You can’t build where other people have beaconed and have not granted you access. We’re giving up freedom for the sake of protecting our builds. Just as restricting some content,. is giving the freedom of a more wide rating, and thus a wider target audience. Denying access to a demographic like kids in a game like this, just because we’re against showing some images or content is a waste IMO.

1 Like

With all due respect, I think pretty much everyone thinks that there’s no problem with kids seeing art. As long as the statues aren’t actually engaging in coitus or something of that nature, kids aren’t generally complete idiots and there are very easy and fitting explanations for pretty much everyone (to provide to children) who doesn’t think that using a boot bathtub is a necessity.

The reason for this is that while, yes, the statue may be nude, the sheer nudity isn’t the point of it, and it’s generally pretty obvious that it isn’t. In that context, it’s not like children haven’t been around non-coitus nudity before. Most children have taken showers with one of their parents, or baths with other young children, for starters. They know that bodies exist and that they are different, even if they may not know exactly all of the details of why.

On that note, good luck blocking people from making obelisks, because I don’t think you’ll be able to push that one through. They are generally considered both important ancient history, important modern history (in some countries) and high art, regardless of the fact that they happen to actually be a phallic fertility symbol.

That being said, we’ll cover that when we come to it @CunningCelt This example clearly and plainly does not fit your example of high art. This is just base and crude vandalism.

It is ultimately up to the devs on whether they will allow that kind of “art”. Whether they do or don’t, we will respect their decision.

If a kid doesn’t know what it is then the kid doesn’t know what it is, if the kid can build one, chances are they know what it is. my point being still, youll never be able to stop this unless they kept tabs on everything.

I think you missed my point. I’d take my kids to the Louvre, man. Some things are just a part of life. Like immature people in video games . . . I would NOT take my kids to an explicit movie because what’s in the movie and what’s in the louvre are completely different things. I think we agree on a lot of stuff. But, this particular happening is small potatoes.

That’s what people said about a lot of artists, and that’s no exaggeration. But, brothers, I’m not mad. That’s why my first comment clearly stated it was my opinion. We don’t need to change one another’s opinions to coexist. I’ll follow whatever the developers want to do anyway. As will all of you, or we won’t be playing XD

2 Likes

That’s completely because you’re fine enough with taking your kids to the Louvre. Don’t get me wrong, I’m completely fine with it too. But that’s because we’re fine with it. There’s things out there that while some may be fine with, some are not. That’s why we hold standards, and standards are not perfect, but they’re there for a reason.

Some parents won’t want their kids to see something like that, some will have no trouble with. The thing is, when the game will push for a rating or to show what and what not to their audience. People will make decisions if it’s the right game for them. Just as we factor in design and mechanics on what games to play. The content provided by the game and the content allowed to make in game, can make some parents stop them from buying the game to their kids.

Report systems don’t stop all people from flaming and doing toxic things, but it’s set in motion to keep an environment up for the game. Rules are not perfect, but they’re made to allow for some things to happen. At the end, there’s gonna be things that are gonna be allowed in game, and some that won’t be. In my opinion, making the rating as wide as can be for a game that’s coming to PS4 is a smart choice, especially on a game that doesn’t depend upon any mature content.

And I’m not mad either. I’m just stating why, even though many of us are completely fine with it. Many won’t be. And looking ahead to provide a proper environment for many ages should be in the to do list.

The thing is, when the game pushes for rating, every. Single. Game. With both online play and chat/creativity possible is guaranteed to have the warning/disclaimer “X company is not responsible for online interactions/cannot control online interaction ratings” or something to that degree, because it’s quite impossible to screen out everything. You know the saying about idiot-proofing things? You can’t, because #1: They keep churning out higher quality idiots and #2: Idiots are remarkably ingenious.

As to standards, there are reasonable and unreasonable standards. Our society already holds a lot of unreasonable standards (most very, very unreasonably low in my opinion). However, the standards you are appealing to are unreasonably high, and both unreasonably low and unreasonably high standards are detrimental. While too-low standards are like the villagers not responding when the boy cries wolf, too-high standards are like the boy crying wolf when there isn’t one in the first place. The villagers stopped caring, and the boy gets his kicks out of lying to them about what’s actually important.

TL;DR: Anyone with the unreasonable level of standards you’re appealing to isn’t going to be letting their kids play online games (perhaps computer games period) in the first place. Catering to their wishes isn’t going to help anyone at all, and it isn’t going to make the game any more or less appropriate for all ages regardless.

Yeah, and they were right in a lot of cases, hence my note about depictions of copulation. Kids don’t need to see that because they can’t really understand that until a certain age. There are different types of desires, those that are good/clean/constructive and those that are bad/twisted/detrimental, if the art is obviously or even questionably feeding in to perverse desires, it’s base and crude. That being said, even our societies’ perception of what is good and pure is noticeably out of whack in the modern age, so I suppose I can’t expect anyone to agree with me until the eating away of the commons forces the issue (which will inevitably happen eventually) back to being in line with reality.

1 Like

I hold a rather simple view on in-game interactions, but it’s served me well over the decades I’ve been playing online games; if in doubt, don’t do it.

A little self awareness and consideration goes a long way. ‘Should I draw a phallic monument?’ - if you’re asking yourself that question the answer is most probably ‘no’.

That said, these things crop up because those people don’t question themselves, and don’t really care about the gaming experience of others, and will unfortunately exist in every online game, regardless of how strict the moderation is. I don’t believe it’s the job of the developers to protect children from online gaming experiences, save for issuing warnings, suspensions and bans; it’s the job of the parent.

6 Likes

Maybe can @james have a look at it.

I’ve got a fairly straight forward opinion on this matter. It is not beaconed, right? Tear it down. If the creator will not own it and it is an eyesore that is not being remedied by regen, it’s fair game for removal. If the owner does beacon it and own it, report it to a dev as possible violation of community standards, along with the offending players IGN. There is no need to host a witch hunt for the culprit. No need to summon devs to investigate. Raising a stink over it only gratifies the griefer. Don’t feed the trolls.

12 Likes

Amen. And Amen. I wouldn’t have done the second one, but It had to be 10 characters long.

1 Like

I read “Raising a stink only graffitis the griefer” . Started imagining dickbuilders getting tattooed with the classic sharpie-on-the-face version of their ahem monuments. xD

Edit: I’m not suggesting we do this! Just, clearly my thoughts are so utterly profound that I needed to share them, ya know.

1 Like

Second?

I were at home (Forge LakeValley on Therka), and saw this from afar on a fellow settlement-mates house. Yes its an unbeaconed part, so I removed it anyway. But whoever did this had access to purple refined gleam which is pretty rare. If its “a creeper with sattlebags” intention and not just an upside-down T. :slight_smile:

2 Likes