Flag

How do you communicate with a player playing boundless
He knows what he is doing

I’ve tried everything and no response.
I posted his name and location and I get flagged

How does the DEVS take control of someone just plotting to take plots from were people are building.

This has been going on with this players for 8 month and nothing gets done

Should I return the same favor ?!?!

FLAG all you want. The point is MADE!

If a plot is free and available, it’s fair game for anyone. That may suck, and I may not agree with certain individuals plotting habits, but that’s the way Boundless plays. Is it frustrating? Yes, yes it is.

However, at the end of the day… if a plot isn’t plotted:

I mean… :man_shrugging:t2:

Also, you haven’t named any players so I don’t see why this would be flagged/ moderated.

Edit to clarify: AND WEMEMBER KIDS, DON’T PLOT ALL DA WAE AROUND ANOTHER PWAYERS BEACONS OKIE DOKIE? DATS JUST NOT OKIE – OKIE? :yawning_face:

2 Likes

True…

Well let me go and look for those empty plots around his area and plot them

He is still a TROLL!

I know I would. :smirk:

2 Likes

Oh I am…

Going to do it now!

Build something awful to look at when you do, force them to the negotiation table Henry killinger style

1 Like

This-is-sparta-GIF

2 Likes

There is a saying…

Don’t do to others what you don’t want them to do to you.

That is out the door.
Gleam Fence Coming Up

I don’t think you’re in danger of violating that here- you are being treated in a rather undiplomatic way.
You would expect people to react similarly if you were being rude to them, right?

Just make sure your reaction remains fair if the roles were reversed

In response to this and having been a player that has tried to help a mall and it’s griefing issues. I reached out to the mall owner and said I would claim empty plots in the mall and place letterboxes down etc. to at least try and make sure the plots would go to someone that would actually use them. I had a good handful in the mall and while I know the griefer has stopped claiming spots there is still a few people claiming spots and just sitting on them.

I contacted a few and had luck getting the plots cleared, but there are a select few with many plots just sitting there collecting footfall… and no store.

If you want to PM some player names to me I may can assist if they are the same ones I was/am having issues with.

I actually made contact with one today who was very standoffish because I had asked for the plot next to mine for a friend… so I could help my buddy out…person totally shut it down in quite the rude way.

I cleared all my plot minus my concrete store and a small one for my friend on the other side of the mall… sometimes you can’t win.

1 Like

I don’t see any reason your current post would be flagged.

Since James solely handles all in-game moderation himself, your only recourse is to send him a private message. Include the other player’s character name(s), beacon coordinates, and any screenshots or video you have that may be helpful.

The most clear cut cases for moderation/action are when someone has fully encircled a beacon/base/town/etc or when someone is blocking a door/exit. Your case sounds like it would fall under harassment.

Has the plot protection buffer been enabled? For the most part, Sistinas is correct - if an area’s not plotted, anyone can plot it (as long as they follow plotting rules and don’t grief).

2 Likes

Wrong.
You sure can plot but its not acceptable To “prevent People from expanding” so To say.

You cannot plot around of the person so the person gets “trapped”…

Theres some weird stuff still In boundless… Plot wise i mean… I hope beacon reporting would work… Personally i have learned that its not so effect ive way To get plots “out of the way”…

1 Like

Okay.

Just to clarify for everyone, so I don’t get fifteen more replies like this one from loggerhead here, if a plot isn’t plotted it is still available and you can plot it.

However, it IS NOT acceptable to encircle another player’s beacon (although it still happens everyday) and if you take such action you are now officially in the wrong. Furthermore, to all you nosy nebshites out there, I PM’d the OP this very information less than five minutes after my first post. It’s now been publicly stated three times. I’m sure the rest of you get it by now.

Since that the public service announcement is out of the way, have fun in game everyone, and remember the golden rule.

2 Likes

I know this feeling. I have speed hunt platform right next to my build. Its annoying. But I cannot do anything they are in their rights to have them. But why boori had them still has me puzzled. Especially when I have never seen anyone use them.

2 Likes

Ffs its Biitula all over again.

4 Likes

Yes duuuud!

Pm me the location or player.

7 accounts, 100k plots. Not playing.

Let’s see if plotting everywhere around them teaches a lesson, or more constructively brings a dev out hiding to come obliterate all the silly plots.

Is it the “right way” nope. But hell, we aint exactly getting the proper support anyway

You see that little bell to the right side or the “tracking” button at the bottom? set it to hide if you are done with the post and dont want to see any more replies or better yet dont give out wrong information if you aren’t ready for everyone to correct you.

And you left out the plot abuse part: IMPORTANT: Beacon reservation abuse is officially banned!

1 Like

You can communicate for example via chat, mailbox and forum. Being nice and using kind words works usually best.

Player could have parental settings on or decide to use right to not reply your message.

Point is unclear. If you have reported something, one time should be enough. It has been seen as problem or not seen as problem: just colliding opinions where land has been taken or not been taken from owner of it.

one trick that worked alot for me is leaving a big sign as message sometimes it was the only thing that did it