Footfall status after Release 211

And I can kinda answer this myself!

As per the patchnotes a new visit on a beacon is only counted if that player has not visitited another beacon of the SAME CHARACTER in THAT SETTLEMENT!

So having 3 beacons in a row of 1x1 (x4) plots doesn’t do a thing, especially not when right before they start to run over those they just came from plots on another beacon on the same character.

So that explains the 0c in those 3 beacons. Phew, something makes sense, finally.

Still, this does feel like some kind of nerf 'cos I could’ve sworn with the old system they would all have generated footfall…

Now for the kicker!

I changed the owners of those 3 beacons! Used 3 of my alts who don’t have beacons/plots near that area at all (or in a silly spot where no one comes).

And…

I added a 4th. And to test it out nicely, that was a brand new character, the first ever beacon they placed was this one, so if someone would run over it that player never, ever could’ve run over a plot of this character before.

What did I receive?

24c after 1 person walked over it.

Checked the other 3 afterwards, all diff values, but that can be explained by diff paths people take, BUT all 4 of them had coin values in multiples of 24c.

This means that apparently my market is getting such an amount of visitors that the game is scaling down the 80c coin I should be receiving to 24c…

That’s 30%! That’s quite the drop-off!

Wondering if it can go lower than that for Ultima/PS hotspots…

Anyways, considering these beacons would each have generated 30c per visior (per 24 days) and now the first one 24c and an unknown lower value even when the same person comes by again in 5 days which, if they keep coming by regularly stays at a value lower than 24c for ever…

1 Like

After watching my footfall gains per day for a few days I now have a better average of footfall generated in the new system.
Past 5 days footfall amount
1: 435c
2: 360c
3: 316c
4: 256c
5: 234c

Footfall has been gradually lowering on my Beacon since I began checking. Each is a 24hr period (10am my time daily to check) all of these values are significantly lower than what I used to get, something along the 10 to 15% of my old totals. Yes I am a busy shop in a big area. Got 1800 or so footfall per day with the old system.

I’m guessing some of the bugs that were noticed during this update were affecting the old system in a way that made the reset shorter than expected or visits not counted properly. Since this is supposed to be showing us similar footfall numbers and instead they are much lower.

Hope these observations help.

2 Likes

Yea just my place alone used to give me about 1500 a day now I’m at around 80 - 150 depending on the day lol oh well

Yeah, plus/minus 10% is indeed what I see happening as well and what I hear others talk about…

I had 1300c this morning for the entire mall. lol

1 Like

Wow, that’s, ehh, not much.

Would it have been around 13k normally?

I was getting 3000-12,000 right before the Guild update. I was using that coin to buy items from other people and supplies to build the mall.

So basically indeed about 10% of the better footfall days!

So, is this getting fixed? I assume this is a bug right.

There’s to be a fix early next week. Let’s hope it works out. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If anyone has a few free minutes, could you help me with a visual hierarchy of the current system? I feel like this may not be correct. I’m not sure where the beacon/footfall coin is going.

I’d like to not have two settlements if I can help it. I know there are settlements nearby & within the mall, which is totally cool. I would just prefer to keep my beacon/plots/etc as simple as possible. I only have one beacon for everything. :woman_shrugging: Is some of the beacon coin going into the Guild bank or does that only hold donations?

None of the coin goes to the guild. Guild is donations-only. If that were the case, you’d see the coin in your guild.

I’m seeing about 10% as well. I am nearly 100% sure that I’ve never gotten 80c for any one guest. It was 1c then it went up to 24c but that’s as high as I’ve seen.

2 Likes

nomoney

There’s no system in place to track donations?

1 Like

Yes, it shows who donated. I just now looked at individual donations and it does add up lol. Guild = 100% donations. :sunglasses:

I know a fix is supposed to have gone up, just wanted to note that I havn’t been on in like 4 days and had 237 coin in my beacon which had been getting like 3-400 a day. As bad as the economy is, this is incredibly demotivating.

1 Like

Each of the last few days my shop would only receive about 200-300c per day in footfall. From last night to this afternoon (which the fix has only been up a matter of hours at this point) I was already up to 881. So I’m hopeful to see it is over the next few days. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Grammar is hard

I so far have not seen any improvement. I can pretty much 100% guess that I have NEVER recieved 80c for any one guest.

I have also noticed sales are down… it’s definately hitting me hard and that shows that it’s hitting nearly everyone hard.

My baskets are still up.

Fingers crossed that the next 24hrs I see a difference.

I know I will be exploring today… I’ll give you all what ever footfall I can! :nerd_face::+1:

1 Like

Sales are down for me as well, am not yet seeing much of a difference in footfall either… hope that changes

1 Like