Footfall status after Release 211

Man you got any of that Footfall (itches neck) just need a little to get me by! Come on man.

4 Likes

welp. This is finally annoying me enough to post. Was making about 7-10k a day on footfall pre guild update. I have been getting around 10% of what i was getting. I got a little over 1k over the last 24hrs so it seems no change for me still. I really enjoy running a shop and this footfall issue has really taken a chunk of the fun out for me. Im ready to just go back to the 24 day cycle.

3 Likes

Yep, mines sunk to useless levelsā€¦ I had one major area people would run through, shop, and sellā€¦ 264c - from about 8-9k? Awesome funā€¦ [/sarcasm]

2 Likes

Iā€™m so tempted to express my frustration, but must remain hopeful. Besides, James has pretty much promised that the patch wasnā€™t a nerf and that NO ONE will be any worse off once they get it right.

I think it could take 8 to 10 days for us to get the balance right. As each balance change takes time to see the results come through the system.

We made a patch today that alters the balance. Weā€™ll need to see how the analytics changes in response.

Please ignore the ā€œCoins per visitorā€ GUI element. Itā€™s misleading and will be removed in a future update.

Reporting what youā€™re seeing is helpful so please continue to do that. And if possible be patient whilst we iterate the balance.

11 Likes

About thisā€¦it sort of looks like an attempt to hide the problem. Iā€™m sure itā€™s not, but it gives that appearance.

Why not just change the label to read ā€œMax coins per visitorā€ or something like that?

My mall last night was the busiest i have seen it in a long long time. 4-5+ people at any time. several people over from guild watching redo some things. and all that and over night gained me a whole 654cā€¦used to make 10kish daily. how is it this far off :expressionless:

2 Likes

I think a lot of the frustration comes from the instability of coin generation. This makes it extremely difficult to find a good buy/sell price.

It honestly doesnā€™t matter how much footfall is given. The economy (prices) will become more stable as the coin generation and removal is stabilized.

well i appreciate the timing window. Clearly its a difficult issue but having a time frame makes it less frustrating. Also, i dont expect it to be perfect in 8-10 days but getting close will be nice. I know a lot of my guild and prob others sell me goods i dont often use but buy to help them get coin(i hope, lol). Some of the coin for those baskets were filled with that footfall. I will keep posting on what i see for footfall the next few days. Oh, we wont be upset if you happen to go a little overboard on footfall for a day or two. HAHA.

Thank you for your effort in making it right and keeping us informed.

i think i disagree. If it becomes too low, say buying a gem tool at 500c or a pie at 75c is normal. You have ingredients to make those that wouldnt be worth 1c. Which, i think, would eliminate many buy baskets for ā€œbasicā€ ingredients.

I do agree that the prices would stabilize over time. I just think that more coin is better than less coin from footfall.

Exactly, there becomes a time, where too little is too little. Most guilds cant even buy buffs right now. I also hear the ā€œlet me show you how to make moneyā€ answer a lot. These people are selling to baskets. The basket coin will soon run out if the coin isnt being generated. This isnt an argument about footfall being too low, its about the generation of coin in a game that is supposed to be revolving around coin usage/shop stands.

1 Like

That is very true. Base materials do need to be worth at least 1 or 2 coins

Well I woke up to 1069c.

I think itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve found 4 digits on my box since the guild update. This build is now 300k prestige and thereā€™s only one other network/offplanet portal left in infinity city.

I added these yesterday to try and save/capture some of the organic traffic here before people 100% re-route and the city is completely dead. The other portal is an Ultima portal to the new location for their planetary gate.

Iā€™m not even sure lol I came into this game at ā€œReleaseā€ and Iā€™m JUST BEHIND THE CURVE the whole time dealing with people and the changes the devs are making to deal with frustrated endgamers and etcetera.

I watched my friend selling gems all day long and when i finally got a shot just a few days later literally the market was taking two days to drop 50 - 70% off of gem prices.

i started building in a nice place but was trying to play more and do more before I could confidently run a portal, so i moved to a city. To try and participate in more of the social aspects, share my creations with people, and find out what the hell this ā€œfootfallā€ is about.

Still trying to learn, get involved, now Iā€™m trying to be social instead of lonewolf, and work with people to build the city into someplace useful. But as I learned to understand what was going on it was really just a few very competitive builders there, and most of the small / active seeming shops slowly have faded away as early beacons have died.

At christmas a couple of players vanished. Including the viceroy of our planet lol. Within his portals dies and the other person that had a biitula portal has been gone well past the end of her oort stack as well.

Within like, 72 hours all the mansion builders left. Liszyā€™s became our capital but that was cool, I mean congratulations. I picked infinity city for one reason only, that ultima gate.

Yesterday ultima left.

Soooo now iā€™m a backwoods builder again, just staring at an abandoned 4.5m prestige monster griefing my view in 2 of 4 directions. lol.

Oh yeah the status of footfall. Looks like with 7 builds on three planets, I might gather enough footfall to afford a nice meal in new leyden today.

No honestly Iā€™m going to spend my last coins on copper.

B> Machined copper 10c are we there yet?

1 Like

Would it be possible to get a count of how many visitors we have had at the beacon?

3 Likes

I literally want this more than the footfall.

But Iā€™ve come to understand that SOMEONE has to be able to get a decent amount of footfall into the game or the boat canā€™t float. Solo/lonewolf types have to rely on baskets once the coffers dry up and somebody has to get coin to fill them.

Without trying to argue first world economics over a 100% managed micro-economy - creating a coin economy means we need enough units coming in daily for active players to produce trade in tens of thousands of grass seeds and soil blocks and trunks every day.

This has to happen for active players regardless of the number of millions or billions of coins hoarded on both inactive and basic hoarder/ coin counter accounts.

On the bright side, I guess when loads of people turn to alt farming thereā€™s going to be a market for raw rock again lol.

I had a decent amount of FF this morning. I was getting around 300-1500 a day. Today it was several times that. I can definitely work with that. :+1:

1 Like

Yes, I came home to about 2.5k in my shop last night! I was quite pleased!

2 Likes

4k here. almost to half of what i was receiving before update. Right direction. just extremely slow.

1 Like

just checked as well. i had almost 4k. i would say this is about 50% of what i got pre guild update. Yay. Better but i hope it keeps getting worked on. TY

1 Like

I had about 50% of what I was getting pre update as wellā€¦ better. Hopefully the uphill trend will continue before it levels off.

1 Like