Footfall status after Release 211

Getting around 40% at the moment. Now two more patches where my percentage doubles and I will be more than happy :smiley:

1 Like

Ok so I hate to be THAT guy, but I have a reputation to upholdā€¦ Why are we kicking footfall in the nuts at the same time as guild launch??? 100k+ per week per buff and footfall is cut to 50% give or take. I thought there was supposed to be a footfall buff in there somewhere, but apparently that only applies to hermits who get 1 visitor per month if it applies at all. Cold hard numbers to followā€¦

1 Like

Upon testing footfall with guildmates, we ran through a beacon a few days ago to establish a reference point (sorry we canā€™t seem to agree on which day that was, but it was roughly 2-3 days ago) and then we ran through this same beacon tonight. Itā€™s not an isolated beacon, itā€™s in a city but not a particularly high traffic area. For an 80c beacon, the coin rewards looked like thisā€¦

A. 64
B. 64
C. 51
D. 51
E. 51

F. 51
G. 51
H. 51
I. 44
J. 44

K. 44
L. 44
M. 44
N. 44
O. 44

P. 44
Q. 44
R. 44

Do what you want with that data, but please fix footfall. Even putting it back to what it was 3 weeks ago would be preferable to this. Our footfall balance quest is turning out to be a solution in search of a problem.

1 Like

Also now on about 50% of what it was pre-patchā€¦ getting there!

Same here. As someone else said above, double it then double again, and Iā€™ll be happy!

2 Likes

There will never be excess coin again with this guild buff sink. That side of the problem is solved.

If Iā€™m not mistaken, 80c is the max amount of coin paid. Not 80c each person, each time.(I wish) How those numbers get figured, Iā€™m not 100% sure.

Never understood how excess coin was a problem. What does it matter if someone has a squillionty coins? How does that affect anyone? Either they look at a large number in their inventory that no one else can see, or they buy things.

Not sure either option is the end of the world.

3 Likes

100c is max

It is? Okay thank you!

Exactly, i dont care if people become millionaires. I just want enough coin to buy something here and there lol.

3 Likes

I would just like to be able to have some request baskets i had finally made a oort request basket and was moving on to a few other items. Though had to put a hold on it until have enough saved from the stores since not saving really anything from footfall anymore.

1 Like

The problem I see is if someone gets 50k footfall a day and someone else gets none. How does the one getting none compete? They can gather, craft and sell stuff, but so can the one getting the footfall and that player can sell for less and has more coin for request baskets so they can spend less time actually gathering or mining. Coin can create an advantage in game and footfall being passive income means the player still has time to do everything else and still get an income stream. I think this is why the developers are trying to balance footfall. Make sure people that are making an effort to contribute to the community by running portals and some of the other attractions get income, but also create and income stream for less visited player builds.

That being said, there will always be players or groups of players that will gather more footfall than others. They may spend more time in game or create something that everyone wants to see and visit. Just giving every player 10k coin a week instead of footfall is not an answer in my opinion.

1 Like

I cant even think about putting request baskets out lol that would wipe me out and i barely spend my coin on anything

Compete at what? What advantage? Its not a competition. Someone spending less time mining affects no one but them. Someone with a lot of coin can do exactly 1 thing with itā€¦ buy items from other players and give the coin to them.

Only possible thing it could affect is peoples jealousy levels.

2 Likes

Yea Iā€™d say until recently I was in the boonies and was only getting roughly 2k footfall a day. But I made a good amount of coin where I can buy whatever I want if need be. I made it all from mining and chopping wood. Also weā€™re talking about before led signs came out that I made that money.

1 Like

If only, say, 5% of players are ā€˜millionairesā€™ and are able to just buy whatever regardless of price, then people selling will notice that their stuff is selling too fast, and conclude that they can try to raise their prices. But the people buying are millionaires and so they donā€™t care too much about the higher prices, so the stuff keeps selling out, the prices keep raising, and the little guy that is not a millionaire becomes unable to ever afford anything.

Itā€™s not a matter of jealousy, itā€™s a matter of making sure that the people without massive passive income donā€™t get blocked out of the market by the ones that do.

Iā€™m probably in that 5% and I still think that itā€™s a good idea to increase income for the little guy without increasing the income of no lifers such as myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Edit: I donā€™t really see a practical way in which it can be done, but I think that attempting to do it is valid)

3 Likes

I really dont see millioniares buying out stock in every shop every dayā€¦ That would get pretty boring. Sure they might buy what they need in bulk occasionally, but it would probably last them a while before they needed to buy more. Who would seriously go around buying up 10 million yams just to look at?

If you actually do know anyone that does that, can you tell them to come to my shop? I have 10000 i cant sell at 1c.

1 Like

I more or less can buy whatever regardless of the price but I never would do that. Just because I have it doesnā€™t mean I should spend it like that. Still only going to buy things that are priced appropriately.

1 Like

Iā€™ll buy 'em. :stuck_out_tongue: Whereā€™s your shop?

As an example, the other day I ran out of Ancient Tech devices and I just didnā€™t want to bother gathering or going out to buy 'em, so I just threw like 200k into a basket, set the price to 50 and it was drained by the next day.

Iā€™m sure some (tho hardly all) shop stands selling those at non ridiculous prices got drained that day by people reselling to me. In a large scale, that sort of behavior can impact the economy in an unhealthy way, I think.

(Even tho in the short term I basically just donated a bunch of coin to a few lucky resellers that noticed my basket)

3 Likes